Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @lestronge

I gotta say , I’m out I think . I’m just going to tune out all things tigers until march next year , including the forum/ podcast . 
I kinda hope they fold the club . It would be like if in a bad relationship , your partner leaves you . 
Im not over reacting , I just don’t care really anymore . I wAtch the games , yell at the tv , have my kids come out and say they won’t watch the game with me because the tigers suck and I get angry . 
Like what is the point of all this ? 
I seriously wish we should have taken the eels up on their takeover idea in 1999. Or even Canterbury offered the same thing .

There’s too many people who work at the club , and treat it as a job . There’s a culture of “that’ll do” from the ceo to the board to the social media intern .

Very few love the club and even fewer would put the club above their own selfish bullshit . 

It’s just a trophy so the board can sip IPAs at games whilst they ruin  off Asian Australian families through pokies . 
Im sorry Steve and Helmsley . This club isn’t ours . And the moment that Balmain sold their soul to wests , (thanks Benny you prick) , then any desire to actually have an elite football team went away with it . 
Wests side has only ever cared , in their heart of hearts , about money . 
Not the coaches and players, fans  , but the bean counters . 

It’s clear as day to me , that this club only cares about turning a profit . And has zero desire to win , but would only ever really want it so we can improve our bottom line. 
It’s a disgrace , and really shits on the memory of a team especially in the Balmain side that was once viewed as the pride of the league , and comparable to at George as the franchise you’d most want . 
this isn’t a wests Balmain thing , but what I perceive to be the actual truth . The Balmain side had no idea how to run a functioning club , but could get a team full of Mick Gilletts to have a go , because the golden generation all just retired . 
The Wests side , whilst extremely savvy , have only one love . Money . 
And only want to the tigers , because what’s the point of having a leagues club without a league team . 
Privatise the club or close it . Because these parasites only care about money 

For the first time in my life, my household are having genuine conversations about what to do. We know you just can't go support another club, but life is to be enjoyed, and supporting this club is not enjoyable one bit. My wife is seriously talking about the possibility of trying to follow another team, knowing it will never be the same, but if we make the effort to go to games, follow the clubs juniors coming through, maybe we can develop some sort of heartfelt warmth for another club.

I'm really considering her thoughts and contemplating trying it, because I want to enjoy footy, not put up with this. 

Im about the same and not just WT stuff that I’m avoiding.

….. watching NRL has become boring. Lat week I taped all games except WT games …. started watching with fast forward in operation through but did not get far delete and off to watch the cricket, or soccer, tennis any bloody thing but NRL.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@lestronge spot on. I have unfortunately turned my 8 year old son into a fanatic. Luckily for now he is too young to really feel embarrassed about it but I know in a few years he’s not going to want to wear our colours in public.

They have murdered a whole generation of fans.

Joel Helmes, 851, tiger05premier and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Robbie Farah should be on the fast track . He has skin in the game , loves the club , and has a screw  you mentality . 

I’ve been thinking this myself for a while. That Robbie needs to step into a role to take the club forward. He understands business, he understands football, but most importantly he understands footballers. He has respect across the league but also has the right disposition to stand up for the club 

Joel Helmes and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

These posts and my conversation with Avo earlier sadden me greatly, I can't blame anyone for walking away, this club is broken. My only hope is we can get these guys out of our club and start to rectify the situation. My daughter's school had a jersey last week and she didn't want to wear her Tigers jersey, that is part of the reason for my push for change at the club.

Its time for change and I will push until we get it.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger_Alex, Joel Helmes, 851 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger05premier)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast I've been doing that since last year

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@garry yep . It’s usually the little things that can cause the biggest epiphany. 
I think the club will just yada yada this away anyway. 
Like I said , they’re in an echo chamber filled with inner city wankers , and sycophants . 
Like redoing the brooks deal from 3 years 750k from what I heard , to the 2 years 550k . Fulton hire etc. it’s just god damn tone death . 
Read the room you space cadets … or actually don’t .. just piss off back to your lates and bay run ..

Anyway .. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry yep . It’s usually the little things that can cause the biggest epiphany. 
Like I said , they’re in an echo chamber filled with inner city wankers , and sycophants . 
Like redoing the brooks deal from 3 years 750k from what I heard , to the 2 years 550k . Fulton hire etc. it’s just god damn tone death . 
Read the room you space cadets … or actually don’t .. just piss off back to your lates and bay run ..

Anyway .. 

That's why I think this petition and getting media support is crucial, we have to get this to the point where they can't just talk it away.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @garry

Anyway .. 

That's why I think this petition and getting media support is crucial, we have to get this to the point where they can't just talk it away.

As much as I want change I’m not convinced they will listen. Their heads are so deep………in the sand that they can’t hear what they don’t want to. 

LoganR21 and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Anyway .. 

As much as I want change I’m not convinced they will listen. Their heads are so deep………in the sand that they can’t hear what they don’t want to. 

We have to try

The Last Ronin and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@doug-heffernan Your not alone our extended family are also done with the club .. some have been supporting this club in it’s many forms for over 70yrs . We are at the stage of not telling anyone we support the Weststigers never wear supporters gear zip nothing all vehicles have had all bumper stickers removed . We all will be not renewing our memberships for next season .. we are also thinking seriously of supporting another club how bad is that . We believe that it is a total waste of time supporting this club when the CEO and Chairman have run the club into the ground and there seems no appetite from the board to remove them . This is a very sad day as making these decisions has not been easy but we see no future for the Weststigers under this administration! Unfortunately this situation is going to get much worse but at least we have severed ties with this hopelessly run organisation as  enough is enough ….

This post was modified 10 months ago by Snake

LoganR21, Joel Helmes, Kenny4517 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

so now it looks like Brooks out and replaced with Cogger or Croft, good grief...

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Anyway .. 

We have to try

Think time has come Garry.. I remember you saying last year. ‘We have to make this rebuild correct or it could be goodbyeskies’ it’s not started very well has it?

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

so now it looks like Brooks out and replaced with Cogger or Croft, good grief...

Pretty equal I’d say 😁

Good grief was what I said when we resigned Luke all those times 😅😂

Keep steering the right path

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

to be fair given the last 12 years that’s not really a down grade. I’m not anyone but Brooks but I do thing it’s time for a change for both parties. The fact is he jumped first and won’t be here moving forward 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @loganr21

Pretty equal I’d say 😁

Good grief was what I said when we resigned Luke all those times 😅😂

if Croft is our replacement at 7 we are truly stuffed he is garbage. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 752 / 939
Share: