Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @salty

I’m not sure what everyone is so worried about you’ve just got to “keep the faith” and everything will be fine 

‘Keep the Faith’ merchandise is coming soon

already pre-ordered the one with Lee and “JP”‘S heads on the front 

Those heads attached or detached?

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@helmesy I’m serious. It’s an abomination. Unless the club is sold it has no hope. Lee and Pascoe have ruined this club. They’re both imbeciles. The appointment of Fulton was the final nail in the coffin of all fans.

Agree. Private ownership is the only hope

It’s not a government entity, it’s already privately owned. I think what you mean is a change of ownership away from Wests Ashfield?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

@helmesy I’m serious. It’s an abomination. Unless the club is sold it has no hope. Lee and Pascoe have ruined this club. They’re both imbeciles. The appointment of Fulton was the final nail in the coffin of all fans.

Sadly, I know you aren’t joking. Doesn’t seem like a terrible option to me at the moment either.

I’m with whoever said it before and at this stage would actually be relieved. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Posted by: @salty

I’m not sure what everyone is so worried about you’ve just got to “keep the faith” and everything will be fine 

‘Keep the Faith’ merchandise is coming soon

already pre-ordered the one with Lee and “JP”‘S heads on the front 

Those heads attached or detached?

preserved for eternity in jars like in Futurama 

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

I gotta say , I’m out I think . I’m just going to tune out all things tigers until march next year , including the forum/ podcast . 
I kinda hope they fold the club . It would be like if in a bad relationship , your partner leaves you . 
Im not over reacting , I just don’t care really anymore . I wAtch the games , yell at the tv , have my kids come out and say they won’t watch the game with me because the tigers suck and I get angry . 
Like what is the point of all this ? 
I seriously wish we should have taken the eels up on their takeover idea in 1999. Or even Canterbury offered the same thing .

There’s too many people who work at the club , and treat it as a job . There’s a culture of “that’ll do” from the ceo to the board to the social media intern .

Very few love the club and even fewer would put the club above their own selfish bullshit . 

It’s just a trophy so the board can sip IPAs at games whilst they ruin  off Asian Australian families through pokies . 
Im sorry Steve and Helmsley . This club isn’t ours . And the moment that Balmain sold their soul to wests , (thanks Benny you prick) , then any desire to actually have an elite football team went away with it . 
Wests side has only ever cared , in their heart of hearts , about money . 
Not the coaches and players, fans  , but the bean counters . 

It’s clear as day to me , that this club only cares about turning a profit . And has zero desire to win , but would only ever really want it so we can improve our bottom line. 
It’s a disgrace , and really shits on the memory of a team especially in the Balmain side that was once viewed as the pride of the league , and comparable to at George as the franchise you’d most want . 
this isn’t a wests Balmain thing , but what I perceive to be the actual truth . The Balmain side had no idea how to run a functioning club , but could get a team full of Mick Gilletts to have a go , because the golden generation all just retired . 
The Wests side , whilst extremely savvy , have only one love . Money . 
And only want to the tigers , because what’s the point of having a leagues club without a league team . 
Privatise the club or close it . Because these parasites only care about money 

Rex2ce, hsvjones, Avo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @lestronge

I gotta say , I’m out I think . I’m just going to tune out all things tigers until march next year , including the forum/ podcast . 
I kinda hope they fold the club . It would be like if in a bad relationship , your partner leaves you . 
Im not over reacting , I just don’t care really anymore . I wAtch the games , yell at the tv , have my kids come out and say they won’t watch the game with me because the tigers suck and I get angry . 
Like what is the point of all this ? 
I seriously wish we should have taken the eels up on their takeover idea in 1999. Or even Canterbury offered the same thing .

There’s too many people who work at the club , and treat it as a job . There’s a culture of “that’ll do” from the ceo to the board to the social media intern .

Very few love the club and even fewer would put the club above their own selfish bullshit . 

It’s just a trophy so the board can sip IPAs at games whilst they ruin  off Asian Australian families through pokies . 
Im sorry Steve and Helmsley . This club isn’t ours . And the moment that Balmain sold their soul to wests , (thanks Benny you prick) , then any desire to actually have an elite football team went away with it . 
Wests side has only ever cared , in their heart of hearts , about money . 
Not the coaches and players, fans  , but the bean counters . 

It’s clear as day to me , that this club only cares about turning a profit . And has zero desire to win , but would only ever really want it so we can improve our bottom line. 
It’s a disgrace , and really shits on the memory of a team especially in the Balmain side that was once viewed as the pride of the league , and comparable to at George as the franchise you’d most want . 
this isn’t a wests Balmain thing , but what I perceive to be the actual truth . The Balmain side had no idea how to run a functioning club , but could get a team full of Mick Gilletts to have a go , because the golden generation all just retired . 
The Wests side , whilst extremely savvy , have only one love . Money . 
And only want to the tigers , because what’s the point of having a leagues club without a league team . 
Privatise the club or close it . Because these parasites only care about money 

For the first time in my life, my household are having genuine conversations about what to do. We know you just can't go support another club, but life is to be enjoyed, and supporting this club is not enjoyable one bit. My wife is seriously talking about the possibility of trying to follow another team, knowing it will never be the same, but if we make the effort to go to games, follow the clubs juniors coming through, maybe we can develop some sort of heartfelt warmth for another club.

I'm really considering her thoughts and contemplating trying it, because I want to enjoy footy, not put up with this. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

@lestronge it saddens me to hear such passion destroyed by poor management. I get where you are at though. Mate, can I ask that as your sign off for 2023 that you cut and paste your post and send to ceo@weststigers.com.au He needs to read this. I hope you come back mate.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@lestronge it’s a valid point. In hindsight would it have been better for Balmain to merge with eels and become the parramatta tigers and wests merge with the dogs and become the western bulldogs. At its inception the JV was about 2 weak clubs and weak boards deciding to marry each other rather than be absorbed by stronger neighbours. It is not surprising that a marriage of weakness has created a weak culture.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@lestronge pretty much what I told Garry earlier. Think I’m done with the club.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Normally I would try and encourage you to stay and fight it out, but I get it and wouldn’t blame anyone for reassessing their support of the club.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones, Kenny4517 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigersteve

@lestronge it saddens me to hear such passion destroyed by poor management. I get where you are at though. Mate, can I ask that as your sign off for 2023 that you cut and paste your post and send to ceo@weststigers.com.au He needs to read this. I hope you come back mate.

He doesn't care. All he cares about is his own survival as CEO. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @helmesy

Normally I would try and encourage you to stay and fight it out, but I get it and wouldn’t blame anyone for reassessing their support of the club.

I knew I was pretty much done last night when I didn't watch the game or even check the score until it was over. I've had it.

Tiger_Alex, 851, tiger05premier and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@lestronge can’t disagree and without success and a long term plan they are killing their golden goose. Kids don’t want to support this club. To quote my own son “Tigers fans are loser fans” and I can’t agree with him. He wants to support the Dolphins and honestly I’m not fighting it anymore - good luck to him. For our final home game and last as members I will get him a Dolphins jersey so he can enjoy the day rather than just supporting whoever the Tigers are playing.

The final straw for me was the “stick with us” email I got from the club when I asked not to be rolled over. I’d have rather they just replied - this has been done for you. That was on top of Lee asking has to “keep the faith” in the media. How much faith do these guys think we have. 

I was already irritated with the club at the start of the year for the amateur roll out of the choose your own member pack (so many things wrong with how they did that and any feedback was met with contempt by Grant in memberships). On top of that the ten year members event I got invited to was a sausage on a roll after being postponed from a formal dinner twice. This was after I stuck by the club and let them keep my money for games I couldn’t attend.

Justin doesn’t care about fans and is just worried about how he is perceived in the media. Just look at his performance on “Tales from Tiger Town”. My local soccer club has a more professional looking leader. Perception is reality champ and you’re a chump. Lee just comes across as a giant flog full of self importance. I’m sure they are nice people but honestly they are out of their depth. 

sorry that was meant to be a short sharp reply but I think I’m done as well. Just ran into a family walking the dog who are too embarrassed to wear their Tigers gear around the streets. That’s how low we are. 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tigersteve already did mate

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Sorry I just want to say 1 more things than I’ll leave it there 

- when my son was born it was right when the big 4 were coming through and there was such hope. And all I would talk about was how excited I was to share my love for this club with him , much in the same way my great grandfather , and grandma and family we’re with me around the 1988/89 years . 
I’ve taken him to multiple games only for us to just basically be an embarrassment , and the energy of the ground to just be dead , but the antithesis of what I experienced as a kid going to Leichhardt in the late 80s . He basically hates football now , and even my daughter who just wants to hang out with me . Will actively sit there and try to get into it , but all I motive her screaming is “awwww why are they so bad” . It’s soo depressing if I’m honest , from what I wanted to share , only for this garbage club to basically ruin what was for me , a 6th generation of tigers supporters . 

- the second thing is more to the root of what the issue is . 
People say you need football people in key positions to be successful . And the counter argument to that is you don’t need to kick a ball to be good at business . 
whatni will say to that is .. the most successful GMs in any sport , just about to a tee we’re either an ex player at whatever sports elite level , or eg. someone like the recently retired GS warriors president ,a former college player turned agent turned generational Gm/president . 
Neither Justin nor Lee have any idea , what it’s like to put someone through a hole , put a hit on , be smashed , chase down a line a break . Run X plays and hit an out angle all day to never touch the ball , but watch your centre score all day . Or grind your guts out , only to lose on the bell . There’s no real  empathetic , sympathetic spiritual and philosophical connection , with the players , coaches , because it’s just a thing they watch from afar . One of them grey up in Victoria  . Seriously. 
This disconnect means they justify hirings and ideas that have the same disconnect because it validates their own experience . Fundamentally they will never ever ever get it . Simply because they’ve never had any real skin in the game . And no money doesn’t count . 
We need to seriously look at JImmy Smith types . Robbie Farah should be on the fast track . He has skin in the game , loves the club , and has a screw  you mentality . 
A broom needs to be put through the clubs EXCO . 

851, tiger05premier, The Last Ronin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 751 / 1067
Share: