Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @snake

@garry Don’t be surprised if the family head up to Queensland to get the boys away from certainty influences in Sydney .. just reading between lines ! Which in a way is a smart move ..if that did happen not the clubs fault .

No idea where he is going but it does look like he is going somewhere.

no Fainu's named in NSW Cup, 1st and Flegg have a bye.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @rex2ce

@snake TT chosen in this weeks team so no immediate swap anyway, Dolphins win I’d say

Manly have the bye this week so no point TT going there this week anyway

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @lestronge

@jirskyr Oalapu isn’t ready yet . Burton has real issues and holes in his game as well . 
Sexton at least is a halfback . And I guess Flanagan can go drive a cab .

as long as that cab isnt heading for Concord 

remember #anyone but brooks lol

Even though we have no halves, I still think it was the right decision not to pay overs to retain Brooks.  A fair offer was made which was declined. I say good on him for seeking a new opportunity. 

100% it was, 11 seasons in, we needed a change as Brooks wasn't working, signing him to another contract would just keep this going for another 3 or 4 years hoping for him to be the player they wanted

we have plenty of good options lol all rushing to be at the club ....

he should have been re-signed for 2 more years until juniors were ready.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @lestronge

@jirskyr Oalapu isn’t ready yet . Burton has real issues and holes in his game as well . 
Sexton at least is a halfback . And I guess Flanagan can go drive a cab .

as long as that cab isnt heading for Concord 

remember #anyone but brooks lol

Even though we have no halves, I still think it was the right decision not to pay overs to retain Brooks.  A fair offer was made which was declined. I say good on him for seeking a new opportunity. 

we could have paid what another 100k or 150k a year for a further 2 years and probably kept Brooks

instead we may get Fainu (terrific if we do and a good decision to let Brooks go)

if we dont, and we have to settle for Clune or wakeham or flannigan etc it was a stupid decision 

Most clubs either trade up or go for youth, we don't seem to be able to do either....

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

we could have paid what another 100k or 150k a year for a further 2 years and probably kept Brooks

I have a feeling Brooks made the decision to leave months ago, he was on the market and no doubt exploring his options. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I have a feeling Brooks made the decision to leave months ago, he was on the market and no doubt exploring his options. 

nah from the info I had via a family member he was keen to stay but it is Isaac Moses so you never do know 

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Not everyone will agree with me but I am happy for Luke that he left. He was abused as much as we were by this administration and I think he stayed around because he loved the club and wanted to help it. In the end we low balled him and that gave himself the excuse to leave without letting the club down. I’m happy for him because he has been able to move on and I want him to have happiness and success because he deserves it. We should have put a DCE type player inside him at 7 and let him play 6 but when we lost moses we recruited a procession of terrible players. It’s our fault.

This post was modified 10 months ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs Brooks stayed because he was being paid above what he was worth and had to answer to no one regardless of form totally protected his entire time at the club . He should of been moved on years ago! Yes it was the the clubs fault as they should have rectified the situation much earlier .

LoganR21, 851, Celtic_Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@snake respectfully disagree.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Mole:

Several players under contract for 2024, including injury-plagued utility Adam Doueihi are likely to be told they can shop around for new clubs.

Doueihi suffered yet another ACL injury recently and may miss the entire 2024 season.

The Tigers' management realises changes need to be made, with Fulton set to start his recruitment soon by signing Manly's talented young Fainu brothers on a package deal.

MickeyB and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

when should Brooks have been moved on ? He signed a year extension December 2018 on the back of being awarded Dally m halfback of the year. 

Yeah the length of the deal might have been an issue perhaps should have be a 3 year deal but the 5 year deal was backended which was the major problem 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Mole:

Several players under contract for 2024, including injury-plagued utility Adam Doueihi are likely to be told they can shop around for new clubs.

Doueihi suffered yet another ACL injury recently and may miss the entire 2024 season.

The Tigers' management realises changes need to be made, with Fulton set to start his recruitment soon by signing Manly's talented young Fainu brothers on a package deal.

Another roster clean out. We’re constantly telling half our roster they can look around and the ones who can’t are the ones no one would want. 

It’s almost that time of year when we give up and start loaning out players to semi finals teams so that we have more money we can’t spend. 

LoganR21, MickeyB, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @snake

@tigertownsfs Brooks stayed because he was being paid above what he was worth and had to answer to no one regardless of form totally protected his entire time at the club . He should of been moved on years ago! Yes it was the the clubs fault as they should have rectified the situation much earlier .

I believe the club tried to move him on previously however weren’t happy with how much of his contract others were willing to pay. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Mole:

Another roster clean out. We’re constantly telling half our roster they can look around and the ones who can’t are the ones no one would want. 

It’s almost that time of year when we give up and start loaning out players to semi finals teams so that we have more money we can’t spend. 

Yep, we excel at letting them go, have trouble getting players in though 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

I think we need to give Fulton a chance and by the sounds of it he knows what needs to be done. 

TBH we have some really good players in the squad and just needs some keys positions filled and better back-ups.  

First up is to get the Fainu guys and add from there. Fingers crossed. 

MickeyB, 851, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 745 / 933
Share: