ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @frullens

Pascoe is the Luke Brooks of admin

Nice guy but doesn't know how to win

It's time to shake hands and go out separate ways

Not a bad analogy.

I have NOT been on the "sack Pascoe" bandwagon. In fact about 1 year ago, I thought he (and Lee) had got it right when they ripped the band aid off sacking Madge and not only replaced him, but (at least in words) established a regime that would set up our club as a "development club" not only for players with emphasis on our pathways but also for coaching staff with the unique deal with Sheens and Benji. Results lately are encouraging that it is actually working with some encouraging wins, decent performances all year, our pack dominating all year and the development of Bula, Toa, Pole and others...

All good, slowly going in the right direction.....and then, the same men who only a year ago set up the "development club" regime, supposedly top to bottom in an integrated system, replaces a position appointed by the coach (and erstwhile Football Manager) with a bloke from another club who IMO is totally unproven and with baggage or connections to a player manager without telling or discussing with the coaching staff or the people that have set up the system.

That is complete incompetence IMO. If you set up a system, you create the parts for it and you let it run. Tearing it up 12 months in is crazy IMO.

Could all be proven wrong with stunning success by Fulton, but Im not holding my breath.

Eastiemagpie, Tiger_Alex, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jirskyr

I was told a very long time ago, on the other forum, that only Wins matter.

Winning starts at the front office. We are staring down a 2nd wooden Spoon. Says it all really.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger I don’t understand how that’s relevant , outside of the Bennett stuff . 
It’s near on impossible to get a franchise player to leave thier current club , unless that club has truely given up on them ala brooks . 
Even with us and benji/ Robbie , Johnson at the warriors , their heart is always at that club , so even when you do , your always fighting the natural itch at the back of thier neck that it might not be forever . 
I wouldn’t even be surprised in 4 years if we get a prodigal son return for Brooksy . So is the nature of these things . 
The only thing we can concentrate on is the future . 
We have the 9, both  short term and long term . And after origin 2 you’d say he’s fat and away better than any other 9 in NSW . we have the 1 , with some serious anaerobic training , could be anything . We have the distant 9/6 in the large brothers . The best for both positions in thier age group . 
If we get him , then now the opportunity to entice an old head to come in for a year or 2 , like a sezer , and maybe a sexton , and you can just have sezer and benji chirping either in first grade , or with sexton being pretty good , have sezer just teaching in opposed sessions . 
I dunno mate . 
I don’t see how on field that’s worse that Sullivan, JMK, and the young one from Penrith Katoa . 
You say Bennett , but he’s pretty much gone after next year , just like Sheens . 
So it’s really Wolfe vs Benji that’s really the issue .

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tiger5150

All good, slowly going in the right direction.....and then, the same men who only a year ago set up the "development club" regime, supposedly top to bottom in an integrated system, replaces a position appointed by the coach (and erstwhile Football Manager) with a bloke from another club who IMO is totally unproven and with baggage or connections to a player manager without telling or discussing with the coaching staff or the people that have set up the system.

💯 this

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Coaching insider today was very interesting . 
Sheens seemed pretty upset about brooks going , and a few passive aggressive remarks . Fair enough . 

I felt like the contract value that was offered , was maybe not what was put to the exco . It really did seem like there was a disconnect in the valuation on brooks . 

what was most interesting was his reluctance to go anywhere near blaming Fulton for that . In fact I believe his response was something to the kin of “that’s been going on long before Scott  got here “ and “well benji is out there right now, wait for him and ask him yourself , he’s everywhere in this club “ shakes head .. in response to the rumours around benji wanting out .

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1674327905701355520

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @garry

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1674327905701355520

If Wests Tigers officials are confident I think we’re a million to one shot.

Dirty Reds, Tiger5150, Joel Helmes and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Yeah kiss of death from “Wests Tigers officials” ie Justin Pascoe 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

Coaching insider today was very interesting . 
Sheens seemed pretty upset about brooks going , and a few passive aggressive remarks . Fair enough . 

I felt like the contract value that was offered , was maybe not what was put to the exco . It really did seem like there was a disconnect in the valuation on brooks . 

what was most interesting was his reluctance to go anywhere near blaming Fulton for that . In fact I believe his response was something to the kin of “that’s been going on long before Scott  got here “ and “well benji is out there right now, wait for him and ask him yourself , he’s everywhere in this club “ shakes head .. in response to the rumours around benji wanting out .

It's yet more amateur hour stuff, this time from Sheens. He's as much a part of the leadership and governance malaise at WT as are Pascoe, Board and Chairman Mouth. The sooner we're rid of the lot of them, the better. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

This is just ridiculously clownish at this point. He has said this probably a dozen times and missed. It is an absolute joke. I can’t think of another club executive ever doing this.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

This is just ridiculously clownish at this point. He has said this probably a dozen times and missed. It is an absolute joke. I can’t think of another club executive ever doing this.

we just need Bennett to flat out deny it and we will know for sure we’ve missed out 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, MickeyB and lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

There is no quote or evidence that he did say anything

851 and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/how-brooks-exit-has-put-benji-in-battle-with-mentor-bennett-20230629-p5dkia.html

Marshall and Tigers recruitment manager Scott Fulton, who has a close relationship with the Fainus from his time at Manly, sat down with Latu and Samuela on Wednesday. After being impressed with the pair, the Tigers agreed to pursue both their signatures and will prepare formal contract offers.

However, the Tigers won’t have it all their own way at the negotiating table. Dolphins coach Bennett - who has coached Marshall at the Broncos, Rabbitohs and New Zealand - is also keen on the Fainu brothers. The seven-time premiership-winning coach has already pitched his vision for them at Redcliffe during a recent meeting. Several other clubs are also monitoring the situation.

851 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs If we can sign the fainus I would trade Talau and Brooks for the two of them tomorrow. The earlier we get them into WT colours the more hope fans have for 2024.

I personally am not fussed about Brooks going to Manly and having success. He's had enough chances with us. It didn't happen. It's a bit like finding out that your ex mrs from high school got married to some other neville. Life goes on.

Tiger_Alex, Kenny4517, 851 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 738 / 942
Share: