Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Exactly - something you could say on almost a monthly basis. 

Almost weekly.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @salty

I noticed Betsy mention a few hours of ‘robust’ discussion with Fulton regarding the Pathways, in Garry’s recent interview. Is this more evidence of the Fulton appointment causing friction.

Working in a corporate environment these are the only kind of discussions worth having. I'd be more worried if they said we all agreeing on everything. I run a team and I'm clear to every new starter that if they agree with everything I say then one of us isn't nessecary and it's probably not me. I see it as a great sign that they are spending hours sitting down probably going through the players 1 by 1 and having tough conversations 

Tiger_Alex, Rusty Gate, Mac_Tiger and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @boonboon

Posted by: @salty

I noticed Betsy mention a few hours of ‘robust’ discussion with Fulton regarding the Pathways, in Garry’s recent interview. Is this more evidence of the Fulton appointment causing friction.

Working in a corporate environment these are the only kind of discussions worth having. I'd be more worried if they said we all agreeing on everything. I run a team and I'm clear to every new starter that if they agree with everything I say then one of us isn't nessecary and it's probably not me. I see it as a great sign that they are spending hours sitting down probably going through the players 1 by 1 and having tough conversations 

I agree fully mate, though they have to be positive discussions without ego, nothing wrong with disagreement if it's done the right way.

Issue here could be that footy clubs are full of ego and that gets compounded when a new employee gets brought in, without consultation, which leads to the departure of a trusted voice. I'm sure you are aware of the importance of buy in within these sort of teams and that is a sure fire way of losing it.

851, TigerSteve and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @dirty-reds

On Fainu, obviously a no brainer if we can pull it off. People seem to think he's more of a 6 than genuine organising 7 though? Would still be keen on a vet 7 for 2024 if so.

Veteran 7s you are probably looking at Townsend 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigerlily

https://youtu.be/5zTuonpqVZI

He and Josh Feledy have a really good understanding of each others game as shown in this short highlight reel.

Majority of those tries were within the redzone as well. Shoddy lower grade defence but good eyes up footy. Also smart kicking game. Plenty to work with there…

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

IMO Fulton is behaving like a guy who knows he was brought in by the CEO. Throwing his weight around ,like all new hires , trying to justify his position . 
Pissed off Mcdonnell and sheens . Sounds like he’s pissed off a few staffers, but that could just be loyalty to the old regime , and pairing Benji and Robbie off. Chuck in Betsy as well , and he’s probably going to need someone to pull him aside , and say “mate I’m sure you’re a gun at what you do , but you don’t lace the boots on, you don’t decide what tactics to use , and you don’t decide who plays or doesn’t . You can’t do it by yourself , and you keep this shit up m you’ll be deciding the list for Guildford Broncos , not an nrl team”

851 and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1672906643590508549?s=20

851, MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Wow I have a headache after reading the last 15 or so pages. I’m all for bringing in smart players to our club. That’s why I think it’s priority in signing a 7 for 2024. Hunt would be my priority, however it does look he’s heading north in short and long term. I’m not too sure on the young guy at Manly either and the possible signing of a brother scares me. The Leilua brother signing was diabolical!! As I’ve stated WE NEED SMART FOOTBALLERS AT THIS CLUB.

Keep steering the right path

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

“They are on a list management committee. Their roles complement each other, don’t conflict. Scott’s role is to go out and recruit what Benji wants and what he sees that the club needs for the future moving forward”

I’m sure Lee wanted the above quote out and on the record. I’m also sure that Benji wanted to hear this from the club (I.e give me what I ask for).

I’m also sure that it is to remind Scott Fulton that the coach dictates which players he wants, not the recruitment manager. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

A lot of NRL ready talent at the sharks and jets.

EXCLUSIVE: Sources close to the podcast have told us that Kayal Iro might be on the way out of the Sharks.

The 2022 NSW Cup player of the year is reportedly unhappy with a lack of NRL opportunity.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @lestronge

IMO Fulton is behaving like a guy who knows he was brought in by the CEO. Throwing his weight around ,like all new hires , trying to justify his position . 
Pissed off Mcdonnell and sheens . Sounds like he’s pissed off a few staffers, but that could just be loyalty to the old regime , and pairing Benji and Robbie off. Chuck in Betsy as well , and he’s probably going to need someone to pull him aside , and say “mate I’m sure you’re a gun at what you do , but you don’t lace the boots on, you don’t decide what tactics to use , and you don’t decide who plays or doesn’t . You can’t do it by yourself , and you keep this shit up m you’ll be deciding the list for Guildford Broncos , not an nrl team”

What a load of assumptive codswallop.

Boonboon reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Dragons reject Hunts release request.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jirskyr lol why ? I’ve been around a lot of Fulton types in my time .
So what’s presumptive ?
If he’s grinding everyone’s gears because he’s come in trying to reinvent the wheel ? What am I wrong about ?

There’s enough actual evidence out there based on Betsy and McDonnell , and Lee , that I can form enough of an opinion that that’s exactly what’s happened .

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks set to join Manly Sea Eagles

By Dean Ritchie, DT

In a massive coup, Manly is poised to secure gun Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks.

This masthead understands the deal will span three years and be announced shortly.

Brooks’ recruitment – joining incumbent Daly Cherry-Evans - will give Manly a world-class halves combination from next season.

After 11 seasons with Wests Tigers, Brooks, 28, elected against re-signing at Concord.

He had previously been linked to Canterbury, St George Illawarra and North Queensland.

Brooks could sign a two-year contract at Brookvale but it’s more likely a three-season deal.

He was on a whopping deal worth $1.15m this year at Wests Tigers.

Brooks’ new deal at Manly could be worth around $2m over three seasons.

LoganR21, 851, MickeyB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@jirskyr lol why ? I’ve been around a lot of Fulton types in my time .
So what’s presumptive ?

you are presuming Fultons "type"

If he’s grinding everyone’s gears because he’s come in trying to reinvent the wheel ? What am I wrong about ?

you are presuming that he is trying to reinvent the wheel.

There’s enough actual evidence out there based on Betsy and McDonnell , and Lee , that I can form enough of an opinion that that’s exactly what’s happened .

Bingo, your presumptive opinion. not fact.

Boonboon and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 718 / 939
Share: