Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @salty

I have no confidence in Lee, I think this club is his little vanity project.

100%. Pascoe is hopeless but he also doesn’t seem like someone who throws his weight around. For someone like Sheens he’d be very easy to manipulate. Lee however always has to be in control. His ego comes first and he’s front and centre with everything. He is horrible for the club.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

What about the foresight of the club. Refused to swap Tommy Talau for Ado-Carr, knowing Talau would be the key bargaining chip to bringing Latu Fainu, the best junior in the game, to the club. 

Who says we have bad management?

851, jirskyr, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I have no confidence in Lee, I think this club is his little vanity project.

100%. Pascoe is hopeless but he also doesn’t seem like someone who throws his weight around. For someone like Sheens he’d be very easy to manipulate. Lee however always has to be in control. His ego comes first and he’s front and centre with everything. He is horrible for the club.

Agreed Avo, Lee’s ego is the clubs biggest problem at the moment - it’s doing more harm than good.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

I noticed Betsy mention a few hours of ‘robust’ discussion with Fulton regarding the Pathways, in Garry’s recent interview. Is this more evidence of the Fulton appointment causing friction.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I noticed Betsy mention a few hours of ‘robust’ discussion with Fulton regarding the Pathways, in Garry’s recent interview. Is this more evidence of the Fulton appointment causing friction.

That was one of my key takeaways from the interview.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

If the club succeeds it’s will despite Lee and Pascoe not because of it

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Cool that Fainu went to school and played with a bunch of the pathways kids like TDS.  Sounds like he should have always been in our catchment 

851, Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

https://youtu.be/5zTuonpqVZI

He and Josh Feledy have a really good understanding of each others game as shown in this short highlight reel.

851, hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I mean I'm glad they've come out to shut it down, but it'd be better coming from Benji rather than 3rd hand from Lee. Also classic Lee in giving out 12 paragraphs worth of quotes when a succinct one-liner would do. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I mean I'm glad they've come out to shut it down, but it'd be better coming from Benji rather than 3rd hand from Lee. Also classic Lee in giving out 12 paragraphs worth of quotes when a succinct one-liner would do. 

There would be no story without Lee's quotes.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

I think the biggest risk is losing Betsy because of Fulton. I believe Benji would be easier to replace if he wants out. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tigerlily

He and Josh Feledy have a really good understanding of each others game as shown in this short highlight reel.

pace, short kicking game, straight attack, skilful passing game. 

851, hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @tigerlily

pace, short kicking game, straight attack, skilful passing game. 

Class

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Exactly - something you could say on almost a monthly basis. 

On Fainu, obviously a no brainer if we can pull it off. People seem to think he's more of a 6 than genuine organising 7 though? Would still be keen on a vet 7 for 2024 if so. 

851, Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Exactly - something you could say on almost a monthly basis. 

On Fainu, obviously a no brainer if we can pull it off. People seem to think he's more of a 6 than genuine organising 7 though? Would still be keen on a vet 7 for 2024 if so. 

Absolutely. If we land Fainu the job is only half done. Expecting an 18 year old talent to carry the teams organisation and attacking creativity on his shoulders is a sure way to wreck him early. We need a proven established 7 to accompany the young talent. Over to you Scott!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 717 / 940
Share: