Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Rumour I heard is Brad Schneider from Canberra…

851, Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

rtr

Didn’t we try to sign him last year? Read somewhere Sheens rate him highly.

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

If it's a NSW cup half their is quite a few having good seasons - Hawkins from South's, Volkman from Warriors, Schneider from Raiders, Trindall obviously but doubt it's him and having a really good season taking a side without NRL players to top 4 and that's former Tiger Ben Stavanovic from North's 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @kenny4517

rtr

Didn’t we try to sign him last year? Read somewhere Sheens rate him highly.

not sure, I don’t know anything about him.

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Schneider and Volkman are also both goal kicking half backs which puts them above some of the others and both have nrl experience 

851, Joel Helmes, Garry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

oh God he is ordinary 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Oh for gods sake it just gets worse.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@doug-heffernan he was the raiders future a few years ago when Williams went back to England . 
Bot saying I disagree , just that was the rub on him . 
Just hasn’t lived up to it I guess . 
Thurston wasn’t up to it at the Bulldogs either … lol just kidding .

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Schneider was Raiders 2022 Rookie of the Year.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

what style of player is he? I know he’s a halfback but is he an organiser? Does he have a good kicking game? Or is he just ordinary

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

what style of player is he? I know he’s a halfback but is he an organiser? Does he have a good kicking game? Or is he just ordinary

He is an organising type. Not sure how effective his kicking game is. Looks a little slow. One thing I like about him is he is a bigger bodied half, but I've never seen anything in him when he has played NRL. Had a look at his highlights today, and they usually show something as its picking the absolute best moments of a player, and it didn't impress me at all. He has a good bump on him for a half, so probably reasonably dangerous close to the line. 

I remember the wraps on him when he first emerged, Canberra thought he was the one to take them forward in the 7.  He just struggled every opportunity he got. 

Some halves, actually most halves take a while, so who knows. Maybe he is mature enough to step up now. I see more in someone like Pheonix Crossland. Big body, constantly in the game, playing with super confidence and has a good kicking game and believes he is a first grader now. But thats just me.

Joel Helmes, 851 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

He is an organising type. Not sure how effective his kicking game is. Looks a little slow. One thing I like about him is he is a bigger bodied half, but I've never seen anything in him when he has played NRL. Had a look at his highlights today, and they usually show something as its picking the absolute best moments of a player, and it didn't impress me at all. He has a good bump on him for a half, so probably reasonably dangerous close to the line. 

I remember the wraps on him when he first emerged, Canberra thought he was the one to take them forward in the 7.  He just struggled every opportunity he got. 

Some halves, actually most halves take a while, so who knows. Maybe he is mature enough to step up now. I see more in someone like Pheonix Crossland. Big body, constantly in the game, playing with super confidence and has a good kicking game and believes he is a first grader now. But thats just me.

cheers that’s a great summation. I saw his highlights too and was pretty underwhelmed.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I do want to point out that this is just a rumour, I don't know how strong this information is.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Kenny4517, 851, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Raiders have won 6 of 11 games with him at halfback. That's much better then our record. 

Joel Helmes, 851, Doug Heffernan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast I dunno guys ! He looks like he’s good at stripping numbers close to the line …. Ummmmm… that’s our number issue right ? 
And his running game , has to be treated with honesty , not saying he’s Jonah lomu , but it looks like it causes defences to engage and collapse . 
Which is why we don’t score points down Wakehams side of the field , because the defence is already sliding onto the outside the moment he gets the ball. 
Which is why Blore had a field day on the inside ball last weekend. 
I dunno , I like his movement , and shape . I don’t really think his no look short ball is fooling anyone in first grade .

Joel Helmes, Garry, 851 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 702 / 939
Share: