Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @tiger5150

McDonnell gone, Frizzell staying at Newy, Schuster pricing himself out of the market. Its a good day to be a Tigers fan.. Now bring on the Titans.

Fulton really hasn’t changed things. Makes me wonder how long he will last. 

it’s a risky strategy to put someone in charge in the hope it will lure some of the players he has a relationship with over. So far he’s delivered nothing.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

He's been here, what, five weeks? Recruitment should be measured in seasons, not weeks. 

I'm concerned about the Joffa thing and our halves search (among other things), but we're 9 months away from the new season. Let's wait and see how the full cycle develops before we throw him to the wolves. 

851, Skippa13, hsvjones and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @dirty-reds

He's been here, what, five weeks? Recruitment should be measured in seasons, not weeks. 

I'm concerned about the Joffa thing and our halves search (among other things), but we're 9 months away from the new season. Let's wait and see how the full cycle develops before we throw him to the wolves. 

What you say is true. However it still appears that Wests Tigers are being used as leverage only. As you say let’s wait and see. From the outside looking in there now appears to be division within the football department, and that is also a concern. 

The thing is Pascoe & Lee made the decision to bring Fulton in and I have zero faith in Pascoe’s & Lee’s ability to understand what is needed from the front office to win football matches. 

Forever 9th reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @tiger5150

McDonnell gone, Frizzell staying at Newy, Schuster pricing himself out of the market. Its a good day to be a Tigers fan.. Now bring on the Titans.

Fulton really hasn’t changed things. Makes me wonder how long he will last. 

it’s a risky strategy to put someone in charge in the hope it will lure some of the players he has a relationship with over. So far he’s delivered nothing.

I noticed previously you mentioned the high "quality" of recruitments under Sheens/McDonnell, the latter of whom has been punted. Yet you're keen to criticise a guy who's been here for 5 weeks? Given that Api and Paps were signed before Sheens/McDonnell took over, what's the basis for your post?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I noticed previously you mentioned the high "quality" of recruitments under Sheens/McDonnell, the latter of whom has been punted. Yet you're keen to criticise a guy who's been here for 5 weeks? Given that Api and Paps were signed before Sheens/McDonnell took over, what's the basis for your post?

Both Api and Paps were signed after Sheens/ McDonnell took over, it was soon after they took over but definitely after.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Not only that, mid-season in the midst of a clear-out.

There's going to be very little horse-trading in our favour at this point in the season - team running near last, 100% not going to play finals and very few trades are done at this time of year anyway, when so many clubs are still in the hunt for finals. 

I don't know why some folks forget this so so often, but Tigers do most of our biggest trades in the post-season between October and January, every year, every time. E.g.

Api signed Dec 2021

Bateman signed Dec 2022

IP signed Nov 2021

Stefano signed Jan 2020

Klemmer signed Nov 2022

Doueihi Jan 2020

Joffa Nov 2020

Staines Oct 2022

etc.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

If we are seriously after Fainu hopefully we can prize him out of Manly before June 30.

hsvjones, 851 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I wonder if the warriors will loan/ release Volkman or Metcalf to us. We need to address the lack of depth in the half’s and outside backs next year.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @kenny4517

I wonder if the warriors will loan/ release Volkman or Metcalf to us. We need to address the lack of depth in the half’s and outside backs next year.

maybe Te me Martin

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I don’t get how we are unable to strengthen the halves mid season. Surely there is someone out there that is available somewhere? 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs I think he is out injured, would be good to have him back next year. I would be on the phone to see if Braydon Trindall is interested in joining us next year.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

On the margin it probably means we find it easier to retain brooks on less dollars given his ongoing hamstring issues.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

We need an nrl quality half, a bench prop and a lock forward. If we go into next year without those things we're not playing finals.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

On the margin it probably means we find it easier to retain brooks on less dollars given his ongoing hamstring issues.

Is easier the way to win premierships?

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

We need an nrl quality half, a bench prop and a lock forward. If we go into next year without those things we're not playing finals.

Liam Knight - bench prop

Connor Watson - lock 

Connor Tracey- halfback. I would like Braydon Trindall but can’t see the Sharks letting him go anywhere. 

ReplyQuote
Page 682 / 1067
Share: