Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @southerntiger

I must be one of the few who thinks the decision to left Joffa go is a very prudent piece of football business. 

I'm not how prudent it can possibly be when we're jettisoning a 3 year contract, and presumably paying freight in doing so, after only 11 games. 

To me it'll only be a good move if we're able to make a solid signing in his place. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I must be one of the few who thinks the decision to left Joffa go is a very prudent piece of football business. 

I'm not how prudent it can possibly be when we're jettisoning a 3 year contract, and presumably paying freight in doing so, after only 11 games. 

To me it'll only be a good move if we're able to make a solid signing in his place. 

I dont see how we would be paying any freight.

ReplyQuote
(@southerntiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@dirty-reds I don’t agree. If we accept we have a person who can fill Joffa’s role and they are already in our cap, and I think we have multiple players who fit that description, then it is a great piece of business.

In other words, we had too many middle forwards in our cap and the easiest to remove was Joffa.

Thats why the club referred to balancing our squad.

Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It really depends on who the replacement is now . Both in the lineup , and in the squad in general . And I don’t believe they will be the same person . 
I have a feeling a half from manly could be on the horizon . Seems weird that they Brought Arthur over , with Fainu debuting already , Schuster there , Kaeo Weekes , Croker at a pinch. 
Seems like a lot of halves all of a sudden. 
If I hazard a guess it’s Fainu. 
whoch by the way ties into my theory that if we can’t get a gun older player like Moses , then we need to get the next generational one we can find , which is what the rap on Fainu is , and stick him with brooks for a couple of years until Large/ conti are ready . 

851, Joel Helmes, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I get the argument that moving Joffa on makes sense from a purely roster management perspective, given he was on the bench on big coin 

But managing a club is different to fantasy footy, joffa bought leadership and is a glue guy, which needs to be considered, just as much a his playing ability.

The roster management argument falls down if we move Joffa on, in order to but frizell. Hopefully the spot is used to get a half

Top 8 2023

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@dirty-reds I don’t agree. If we accept we have a person who can fill Joffa’s role and they are already in our cap, and I think we have multiple players who fit that description, then it is a great piece of business.

In other words, we had too many middle forwards in our cap and the easiest to remove was Joffa.

I can understand that argument, but it just makes the re-signing of him all the more bizarre, given that it went through only a few months ago. Just shows that the joined-up thinking in terms of medium/long term planning isn't where it needs to be. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I can understand that argument, but it just makes the re-signing of him all the more bizarre, given that it went through only a few months ago. Just shows that the joined-up thinking in terms of medium/long term planning isn't where it needs to be. 

I think the time between Joffa’s signing an extension and his leaving decided those in the know.

Joffa was underwhelming for a good part of the early season and Twal seems to have improved quite a bit under Sheens. I also think that Kepoa has improved immeasurably under Sheens and his playing in the forwards was another hit against Joffa.

I’m just saying that there’s more to Joffa leaving than meets the eye

851 and dastigers reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

interesting with the Dally M voting for 2023 so far

Bula is on 11 point from his 4 games

Brooks is on 10 points 

Jackson Hastings 5 points 

Rex2ce, hsvjones, 851 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jedi-tiger because Hastings isn’t what some rose coloured people with “anyone but brooks” mentality might want you to think . 
His primary skill , ie. get you around the field is negated here . We already can get around the field . We just can’t score in the opposition red zone . And he would have made things worse , if he was a half not at lock , not better . 
At lock . Maybe we are kicking goals . Or everyone wants to his  throat out . 
My point is we made the right choice .And maybe we need to move Brooksy on , but it wasn’t because we need to keep Hastings . He had to go as well .

Skippa13, The Last Ronin, Garry and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Brooks is on 10 points 

Bula on 11 points from 4 games is the positive here. He’s changed the team. 

the Hastings one is irrelevant as he is playing for a different time in different games 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Brooks is on 10 points 

So, what's your point? You might find it interesting, I find it irrelevant. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Brooks is on 10 points 

So, what's your point? You might find it interesting, I find it irrelevant. 

some thought the sky was falling in when hastings left.... shows hastings is not exactly setting the world on fire at newcaslte and likely wouldn't be doing any better here.

Brooks over the last month is suiting Sheens and benji's style of play.

whether Brooks stays or goes in 2024 the club made the right decision getting rid of Hastings 

Also shows how well Bula has been going in his 4 games so far 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Brooks is on 10 points 

the Hastings one is irrelevant as he is playing for a different time in different games 

irrelevant? it shows hastings is not doing much at Newcastle is what it is showing

jirskyr and tiger2win reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Brooks is on 10 points 

irrelevant? it shows hastings is not doing much at Newcastle is what it is showing

Their top scoring is Frizell on 9 points. Their entire team isn’t doing much. I’m not fussed on Hastings as a player but I don’t think this really shows us anything. Bula is our top scorer after 4 games that shows more about our team and how poor we’ve been going also. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Brooks is on 10 points 

last time I checked the knights were in front of us on the table.

Keep steering the right path

851 and Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 664 / 941
Share: