Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

B043189C 07FC 4A54 802D A30C2D2F0D2A

Not pretty. I have been warming to Brooks staying around but this was a brain dead passage from Brooks

Watching at the ground I was sure Bula was unmarked.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, Mike and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Walker probably won't leave Roosters

Johnson probably won't leave warriors 

why would sharks swap Laurie for Connor tracey ?

offf contract we will probably end up with 

7. Hawkins 6  Brooks 

or

7. Sezer 6. Brooks 

Hopefully we are still after Koula for 2025, rugby still hasn't signed him and he hasn't signed with Manly 

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

• People are talking of trading Daine Laurie but given our lack of incision and the dearth of available halves would he not be worth giving a run in close?To me,as far as our roster goes it would seem the most obvious piece of positional tweaking to be done and is thus far untried.If it fails to bear fruit so be it,but I think it’s an important option at least worth exploring before,or if he’s being dispensed with.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

-- attachment is not available --

Not pretty. I have been warming to Brooks staying around but this was a brain dead passage from Brooks

Watching at the ground I was sure Bula was unmarked.

Bula must have a soft voice or he owes Brooksy a decent sum of money 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

This sums up Brooks to a T. Constantly makes the wrong decisions. Under pressure he has zero ability to see what is happening around him, and has no idea when to run, when to kick and when to pass. Bula unmarked to his right and he didn’t even look… botched another attacking play. 

851 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

• People are talking of trading Daine Laurie but given our lack of incision and the dearth of available halves would he not be worth giving a run in close?To me,as far as our roster goes it would seem the most obvious piece of positional tweaking to be done and is thus far untried.If it fails to bear fruit so be it,but I think it’s an important option at least worth exploring before,or if he’s being dispensed with.

Laurie’s performance in KOE doesn’t earn him an opportunity. He was totally disinterested on the weekend. Shop him around and get someone better or with more promise. 

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Laurie’s lack of desire to make tough tackles in the last line of defence is bizarre. Multiple times he could have potentially stopped a try and he pulled out of the tackle. If I was a team mate I would be furious

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Laurie’s lack of desire to make tough tackles in the last line of defence is bizarre. Multiple times he could have potentially stopped a try and he pulled out of the tackle. If I was a team mate I would be furious

He doesnt make the effort to get in the right position.He is always arriving late

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @mike

Shop him around and get someone better or with more promise. 

Laurie isn't signed for next year with us - so we can't really shop him around. 

But interesting that his manager hasn't got him a deal with any club for next year

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @mike

Shop him around and get someone better or with more promise. 

Laurie isn't signed for next year with us - so we can't really shop him around. 

But interesting that his manager hasn't got him a deal with any club for next year

I can’t imagine too many teams are in a rush to sign him. He’s a squad player who can do a job when required, those signings can normally wait. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

That is just Brooks 101, he has no game awareness and zero footy IQ, how we could entertain keeping him, even on a reduced contract is beyond me, how many years does it take to see he just doesn't have it

Westy81 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Griffin sacked. Long shot but i'd be definitely sounding out Ben Hunt.

Kenny4517, The Last Ronin, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Tigers upped the ante to sign Shaun Johnson, 2 years now.

He would be an upgrade to Brooks. On his day Shaun is a super attacking gem.

AD needs to go as well after reoccurring knee injuries....I wonder how Bradman Best would go as I'm reading the Knights are looking at a roster shake up 🤔

Talking about AD, if the club isn't keen on retaining him after next year why not let him explore options now. Pay him out and get rid of him, otherwise we'll just have another Tommy T on our hands. Look after them for an extended period only to see them sail into the sunset towards Manly or whoever.

I doubt that any club would take AD whilst recovering, especially on his self imposed asking price of 800k 😂

If Brooks does stay he shouldn't be on anything more than 400k.

News just in that Hook has been hooked, permanently. 

It might be time to ask Ben Hunt's manager if we can persuade him to come over as our number 7.

Hunt wouldn't want to play 9 at the Dragons in his last year or two, too much running for the ol boy. 😂

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast hunt won't come here he woykd want to go to a club that can win a comp or a coach he knows. We are too similar to dragons

Dolphins for hunt if he leaves dragons under bennet.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike can't shop around someone who is not signed for next year

ReplyQuote
Page 639 / 941
Share: