Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

iverson matai from endeavour high, have we signed him ??

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

iverson matai from endeavour high, have we signed him ??

apparently yes. 

https://twitter.com/nbwt__/status/1655832482196107266?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

No idea....are we excited? Endeavour SHS is usually a good nursery

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://twitter.com/nbwt__/status/1655830838402256896?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

Anyone know this kid? Managed by Tartak so looks like a Fulton recruit.

Isnt Fulton top 30 & McDonnell pathways?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tiger5150

https://twitter.com/nbwt__/status/1655830838402256896?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

mcdonnell’s role at the club looks to have diminished 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

mcdonnell’s role at the club looks to have diminished 

Yep, junior recruitment/talent scouting for Warren.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @lestronge

@851 lol did you just call me stupid ?  Because we got towelled up by the worst defence I’ve ever seen last year . Brooks or no brooks . My point is specifically around defence in halves who can’t tackle .Whether that’s brooks or not . Halves who can’t tackle is a big issue . 
Eg. The whole of last year . 
If that’s more stupid than your ideas , well whatever . I’m gonna disagree on that one .

I said we have had Brooks for 10 years and he has failed, it is absolutely stupid to re-sign him just because he is cheaper, it is a really stupid idea to keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result, you have to try something different, and that is cutting Brooks

Celtic_Tiger, The Last Ronin, Kenny4517 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@851 agree 💯. But change for change sake is not just dumb but potentially catastrophic. 
If you’re talking Johnson Schuster . I’m ok with that . If you’re talking eg. Walker Schuster , then you’ve seriously lost your mind My point is if we can find someone with some creativity to partner brooks to transition to the next generation , as early as 2025 , then that is an option as well . 
Defence is as important as attack . If not more so . We saw that literally on the weekend . 

you can argue if we score more points we wouldn’t be in that spot ! Sure ! And I’d agree with that , but what happens when you can’t score points , due to weather , form , injuries , bad game plan etc. then you need defence to keep you in games . 
And that’s what I’m personally always railing for , and what I see in players like brooks . Effort plays ! Efforts upon efforts . They always turn up . And you can say that’s replaceable , but im here to tell you it’s literally , outside of speed , the hardest thing to replace . 
Most people are in the business of self preservation. It’s literally biological.

Im not saying he’s Scott Sattler or anything . But he’s a tough bugger , that wouldn’t have been out of place in previous generations . 
And that’s what im worried about . We are already a team that at times can lack a bit of backbone. Whilst I agree with that it needs to happen , it concerns me especially after watching madden and AD last year , how having players in the halves who arnt as ruggedised ,  can really lead to cricket scores, and destroy team morale infinitely more than a few grubbers bouncing off legs on the 2m line . 
2 things can be right at the same time . Both things arnt mutually exclusive . And to dismiss this concern of mine , because it doesn’t suit your own narrative around the guy , well that’s just being obtuse IMO. 
I feel like my view on the guy is pretty nuanced. I’m not a fanboy , but I’m also not one of these “get rid of him “ types. I try to live in the grey area . Especially considering people are talking about replacing him with guys like Hawkins and Blake Taafe . I mean common ! Seriously! 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I think he has enough positives that he can play a role. Speed, durability, kick length, passion for WT, effort, price. His negatives are well know but you have to have a mix of value and marquee players to be truly competitive 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tigertownsfs if we are counting passion for WT as a positive factor a few of us might get a call up soon 😉

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @lestronge

@851 lol did you just call me stupid ?  Because we got towelled up by the worst defence I’ve ever seen last year . Brooks or no brooks . My point is specifically around defence in halves who can’t tackle .Whether that’s brooks or not . Halves who can’t tackle is a big issue . 
Eg. The whole of last year . 
If that’s more stupid than your ideas , well whatever . I’m gonna disagree on that one .

I said we have had Brooks for 10 years and he has failed, it is absolutely stupid to re-sign him just because he is cheaper, it is a really stupid idea to keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result, you have to try something different, and that is cutting Brooks

Before "cutting Brooks" I think he needs to be played where he can have best impact and that is at 6. Sure, get another genuine 7 (whatever they are these days) but keep Luke to play 6. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Zero Tackle says Sam Walker is being shopped by the Roosters.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

We should be having a massive crack

851, Tiger_Alex, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @helmesy

We should be having a massive crack

We have the money to pay overs and we have the style of coaching he would like. We have to try. Imagine Walker in this team instead of Wakeham? It's a game changer.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Walker is a funny one. The kid had huge wraps on him but he struggled in first grade. He is very small and doesn’t have a long kicking game. Maybe he is struggling in the roosters system but I’m not sure we will need to pay “overs” for him. Every other club already has a settled 7 except perhaps bulldogs but they have gone all in on that young 7. We pretty much are the only option if he leaves roosters unless he goes to NQ and chad is forced out.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 634 / 1067
Share: