Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy it is just an "analysis" from Paul Crawley so basically just an opinion piece. 

what Crawley is saying is some sources in the club say Sheens may not last the season if the partnership with Fulton doesn't work out. He also comments how Hadley was a reference for Fulton with Lee. Crawley goes on to say "key is if Sheens can form a working relationship with Fulton and just get on with business or could it end up an untenable position for one of them likely sheens"

All in all a completely BS opinion based article 

851, hsvjones and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Scott Fulton will start work at Wests Tigers in the coming days knowing the biggest mountain ahead of him is winning the trust of Tim Sheens and Benji Marshall.

But Fulton isn’t the only person who should be feeling nervous given there is also a genuine belief among some that the arrival of the former Manly head of recruitment could spark a fast tracking of the Tigers’ coaching succession plan.

The original idea was for Sheens to stay on as head coach at the troubled club until the end of 2024 after which Marshall would be handed the reins.

But there is talk among some sources with knowledge of the situation that Sheens now might not even last this season if the forced partnership with Fulton doesn’t work out.

It’s no secret Sheens was filthy that he and Marshall were frozen out of the discussions prior to Fulton’s appointment.

And what would make it even more difficult for Sheens to digest is the revelation now that 2GB’s Ray Hadley also played a pivotal role to get the Fulton to the club.

It just seems outrageous to most that while the coach was kept in the dark, the club chose to include a prominent member of the media in the so-called top secret discussions.

It’s no secret Hadley has a longstanding friendship with the Fulton family with Scott’s late father Bob and Hadley best mates, while Hadley is also tight with Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis.

But while Hagipantelis has since come out publicly and defended the decision not to consult either Sheens or Marshall, the fact is it is unheard of at any football club not to include a head coach in these type of discussions.

Can you imagine Craig Bellamy or Wayne Bennett, Ivan Cleary or Trent Robinson, or any head coach for that matter, being excluded in a similar situation?

Sheens also has every right to be unhappy that his trusted ally Warren McDonnell is the one who has been shafted, or at least shuffled sideways to take on a junior pathways role.

Let’s not forget it was Sheens who wanted McDonnell back at the club in the first place.

And given Sheens’ experience as the NRL’s second longest-serving coach with 677 games in the bank, it is the ultimate show of disrespect no matter how Hagipantelis wants to spin it.

Sheens has already come out and said publicly that he has no intention of quitting.

And last round’s shock win over reigning premiers Penrith has definitely put everyone at the club in a far better frame of mind heading into Sunday’s Magic Round showdown against St George Illawarra.

Regardless of what happens this weekend in Brisbane, the bigger picture is what happens next week when Fulton comes together with Sheens and Marshall to start mapping out the Tigers’ future.

There has already been speculation in recent months that Sheens and Marshall don’t always see eye-to-eye on all football matters.

But what can’t be disputed is that Marshall also has the greatest respect for Sheens, and he would not jeopardise that relationship to fast track his way into the head coaching position.

However, the key will be to see if Sheens can form a working relationship with Fulton.

Make no mistake, either Sheens will have to swallow his pride and just get on with business, or it could end up evolving into an untenable position for one of them.

And if that was to happen you would have to think it would be Fulton who stays the distance given his appointment came directly through the chairman and the board.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

"Hadley is also tight with Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis".  Just when I thought the reputation and standing of Chairman Mouth could not get any lower, we get this revelation of having Hadley as a bestie. He really is the grift that keeps on grifting.

Dirty Reds, Joel Helmes, The Last Ronin and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@lestronge what's my post are you referring to les, I'm lost. I take it you referring to Onitoni Large?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I know it wouldn't happen but Joel Caine yesterday mentioned with Matty Johns, Robinson should look at loaning out Sam Walker to wests tigers, saying he would get better experience in nrl rather than reserve grade and Sheens would like that style of halfback. 

I wouldn't say no to a loan deal for rest of 2023

7. Walker

6. Brooks

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I reckon next year it’s very likely we’ll see Schuster and Johnson in the halves. I’m not totally opposed to it but I’m very frightened by it.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger I doubt it would happen but I’d go for it if the chance arose

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast the Schuster approach was apparently done before Fulton got here. 

Don't think Schuster Johnson is the right mix tbh heat attack stuff. Doubt Johnson comes back over the ditch tbh

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast the Schuster approach was apparently done before Fulton got here. 

Don't think Schuster Johnson is the right mix tbh heat attack stuff. Doubt Johnson comes back over the ditch tbh

I think a large part of getting Fulton was so that we can get Schuster. I'd be very surprised if he didn't come. Yep it would be heart attack stuff, but would be capable of points and a definite upgrade (imo) of our current halves.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast same mate . I’m just saying that the guy would have offers for sure . Maybe they’re like 400-500k and his manager thinks , that’s your floor , in a losing team . Win some games and we have a better bargaining position . I don’t know . But I do know they’re there for sure . They’re just not 1 mil dollars . But they’re also not 100k either . And tha yes the point I’m making.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@the-last-ronin Do you actually know that though ? That no club has made an approach ? Because if you’re considering Flanagan Jr , then you’d be jumping T the chance at like brooks . Same for Moses Mbye, Josh Reynolds , Fogarty , Shaun Johnson etc. 
This isn’t a pro brooks thing , it’s a market thing . There’s no halves , and sure he’s like the Mathew Stafford (pre2020) of the NRL, never won anything , im a forever rebuilding team , he’s still an nrl half . 
That’s what I’m talking about mate. 
And if it’s not you , it’s been said all over the place . And at times I feel like the John Travolta gif , looking around wondering “huh” .

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@lestronge Who has made the offers? I haven't seen any speculation about that, and if he had been offered $500k he should absolutely take it imo.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @lestronge

@the-last-ronin Do you actually know that though ? That no club has made an approach ? Because if you’re considering Flanagan Jr , then you’d be jumping T the chance at like brooks . Same for Moses Mbye, Josh Reynolds , Fogarty , Shaun Johnson etc. 
This isn’t a pro brooks thing , it’s a market thing . There’s no halves , and sure he’s like the Mathew Stafford (pre2020) of the NRL, never won anything , im a forever rebuilding team , he’s still an nrl half . 
And if it’s not you , it’s been said all over the place . And at times I feel like the John Travolta gif , looking around wondering “huh” .

To be fair to Stafford, he was the best player at the Lions that hadn't had a decent WR to throw to since Megatron retired. They were poor despite him throwing almost 30TD's a season. He really couldn't have done any more. Contrast that to Brooks where we've been losing games because of him.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @lestronge

mate I’ve been responding and talking with Jedi. They believe that Brooks will re-sign with us. I have outlined reasons why I don’t think that’s the case. Do I know for certain he hasn’t had an offer - no. However Brooks is often spoken about in the media and if there was even a hint of him signing a contract with us or anyone else I would be mentioned. The available evidence at the moment points to he hasn’t been offered a contract. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast reckon Koula is the real target, he had delayed his extension previously and Manly and RU are still chasing. Very tight with Fulton apparently

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 625 / 1067
Share: