Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@tiger5150 He's said it in the past. I'll have to have a look for it.

Dont waste time, I take your word for it.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 From what i got told from someone close to family is he does not want to go to u.k. think a deal will be done in the coming months, I don't think money is Luke's motivator so I  reckon a deal will get done and dont think he is in a massive rush. I would be very very surprised if he is not our 6 next year.

As for who will be the 7, who knows 

Benji sees Schuster as a 6, not a 13. The fact he’s after him and Johnson shows Brooks isn’t in our plans. The only way Brooks is re-signed is if we don’t sign anyone else.

Imagine a halves combination of 7 Johnson and 6 Schuster. Thats a pretty "loose" combination for want of a better word. Would be a very "Benji" combination.

How could the opposition know what we are doing if we dont know ourselves? Benji 4d Chess.

851, Dirty Reds, Mercy Rule and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 lol it would be heart attack stuff to watch

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@tiger5150 lol it would be heart attack stuff to watch

#TigersDNA

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 From what i got told from someone close to family is he does not want to go to u.k. think a deal will be done in the coming months, I don't think money is Luke's motivator so I  reckon a deal will get done and dont think he is in a massive rush. I would be very very surprised if he is not our 6 next year.

As for who will be the 7, who knows 

I can’t see him being here. He might not want to go to the UK but that has nothing to do with the club. He’d be signed by now if the club wanted him. The only reason he’s not in a rush is because he has zero offers on the table . 

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin which is why I think when it comes to it we will pick him up cheap.

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Interesting video...some interesting issues raised.

https://youtu.be/Fp3_xqX_rFA

Celtic_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I wouldn’t mind 6) brooks 7) Johnson.

I don’t think I want 6) schuster 7) brooks.

I could live with 6) shuster 7) Johnson 

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@tiger5150 Benji Marshall is his idol 👀

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@the-last-ronin which is why I think when it comes to it we will pick him up cheap.

the fact we haven’t signed him shows we don’t really want him so the only reason to get him cheap is so he can be back up. Why would he stay for that? 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I wouldn’t mind 6) brooks 7) Johnson.

I don’t think I want 6) schuster 7) brooks.

I could live with 6) shuster 7) Johnson 

All three terrify me, but are probably better than what we have now. Side note, Johnson willl be 34 next year.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I'm starting to think its all a beat up....

From the Australian...

Under-fire from every direction, Manly’s Josh Schuster is “motivated by criticism” and would “absolutely entertain” being re-signed by the Sea Eagles long-term.
And it can also be revealed Sea Eagles teammate Haumole Olakau’atu was given a pay increase for this season worth nearly $200,000.

Schuster has endured another difficult week with critics targeting his attitude, weight and desire.

He wasn’t considered for Friday night’s Magic Round match against Brisbane with an ongoing quad injury and hasn’t been given a definitive return date.

Schuster’s contract for 2023 is worth $600,000 but lifts to $800,000 for next year, the final season of his deal at Brookvale.

Poor form and attitutde saw Josh Schuster dropped from the first grade team. Picture: Jeremy Piper

Poor form and attitutde saw Josh Schuster dropped from the first grade team. Picture: Jeremy Piper
“If anything, the criticism motivates Josh. He cops it sweet. He is happy at Manly and has ambitions at Manly to win a premiership. He is definitely staying,” said Schuster’s manager Mario Tartak.

“Clubs can talk to him from November 1 but he is at Manly against next year, 100 per cent. Josh isn’t going anywhere.”

Asked if Schuster could be a long-term Manly player, Tartak said: “I believe so.

“If the clubs want to re-sign Josh before November 1, we will absolutely entertain it.

“He is working his hardest to get back on the field but when he’s back is tricky. It could be next week, it could be the week after.

“I don’t know but it’s definitely not long. He is back running. I think his body just needed a reset to make sure he was ready to go again before hits the field.

“As Daly Cherry-Evans said, we are a better team with Schuster in it.”

Manly struggled last week against Gold Coast without the attacking skills of Schuster and injured fullback Tom Trbojevic.

“We will have ‘Schuey’ back before Origin,” said Cherry-Evans. “I know he won’t be back this week or next week.

“Hopefully he is getting himself right. He’s working really hard at the club. He’s going really well so hopefully (his return) isn’t too far away.”

Olakau’atu, a NSW State of Origin candidate, comes off contract after 2025.

Aware his current deal was modest, given his blockbusting form, Manly agreed to a hefty pay rise for this season.

That figure can be revealed as nearly $200,000.

“Manly gave him an increase this year for 2023,” Tartak said. “It was a gesture of goodwill.

“We haven’t moved on ’24 or ’25. There aren’t any increases for those seasons just yet.

“But we would expect an increase for ’24 and ‘25 and that has been told to me.”

Olakau’atu is poised for another powerhouse display against the Broncos on Friday evening.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

The rain only helped us. Panthers would have score 3 or 4 more tries in the dry, I doubt we would have. We still have to fix the red zone attack

I agree with that mike but your talking about a representative halves combo there (in Cleary and pony tails)

My point is more about Brooks and Wakeham have had barely enough time to gel let alone dominate a premiership heavy weight.

The only thing that I'm not getting too excited about is our win was against a Penrith side that had some guns missing.

To press in the red zone in crappy conditions takes, skill, concentration, good game plan and little errors. In that sense I though our halves did alright.

I don't dissagree with your points though mate, I just think they did well considering the points that I mentioned.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Side note, Johnson willl be 34 next year.

I agree with this. It's for a year apparently. Why is that?

The thing that worries me is Shaun was a lost puppy during covid and his form reflected that, but since going home he's found his feet again. I think he'd take unders to remain with the Warriors.

He's also a running ½ and I'm not sure if he's an enormous upgrade to running Brooks. 

I'd be asking Alfie to don the boots again to join the WT.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I totally disagree. You may well see Sheens and Marshall as "legends" but I disagree.

My post (that you called out) was less pointed than this and a lot of your other posts.

ReplyQuote
Page 623 / 1067
Share: