Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Latu but I think he is a 5/8. They also have Humphreys (the son) playing 7 in NSW cup. He had some wraps.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigertownsfs Humphrey's goes ok,

my mate is good  friends with Stephen Humphrey's he is still Pi$%#d off with the club from his time here in 2013,  so doubt Humphrey's would come here

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs Latu that's right. thanks mate

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tigertownsfs do we still have the older Fainu the prop ?

Yeah we do - it was referenced in the articles about Wakehams argument with his brother in the manly game last week:

The dressing room altercation between Tigers half Brandon Wakeham and Manly prop Josh Aloiai over a sledging war with Samuela Fainu threatens an ugly player split at Concord.

The Daily Telegraph reported Wests Magpies prop Sione Fainu was fuming at Wakeham’s sledging of his brother and Manly debutant Samuela Fainu.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-brandon-wakeham-vs-samuela-fainu-josh-aloiai-west-tigers-vs-manly-sea-eagles-round-8/news-story/8ed32260a19eb952aa6a980a33d902b0

Top 8 2023

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Manly bracing for Tigers player raid as Fulton leaves Sea Eagles nest

Manly are bracing for the Wests Tigers to launch a raid on some of their biggest names after long-time recruitment manager Scott Fulton signed a deal to join Wests Tigers immediately.

Fulton, the son of Manly legend and NRL immortal Bob Fulton, has been head-hunted by the Tigers after his role at the Sea Eagles was diluted over the summer.

Fulton, whose sister Kristie Fulton was moved on from her administration role at the club last year, once called the shots when it came to recruitment and retention at Manly but the club has moved to a different model under new chief executive Tony Mestrov.

While Manly didn’t stand in Fulton’s way, the move could come back to bite the Sea Eagles. The Wests Tigers have already begun asking questions about the future of five-eighth Josh Schuster, who was involved in an altercation with NSW Cup player Dean Matterson — the younger brother of Eels forward Ryan Matterson — at training last week.

Schuster is contracted until the end of 2024 but question marks over his future surfaced last week following comments from skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

“I have been playing long enough to see so many people at this club not maximise their opportunity,” Cherry-Evans said.

That is rugby league mate – if you’re not willing to work hard enough, if you’re not willing to sacrifice, you just don’t last long. He is at a crossroads early in his career but it can be a real positive.

“This doesn’t have to be a negative for him – spending some time away to get his body right, this could be a defining moment where he takes off to that level we all know he can.”

Making matters difficult for Manly is the fact they’ve gone to war in recent months with leading player agent Mario Tartak, who is extremely close to Fulton.

Manly locked horns with Tartak over the future of rising star Viliami Fifita and were in a tug-of-war for his services with St George Illawarra before they eventually released him to the Dragons.

Tartak and Fulton worked together on luring a number of players to the Sea Eagles, particularly those from western Sydney.

They include Schuster, Jason Saab and Haumole Olakau’atu. Like Fulton, Tartak’s stranglehold on the club has been diminished under the Mestrov regime.

Talk of Fulton’s potential departure has been doing the rounds for a couple of months and he has now signed a deal to oversee recruitment and retention at the Wests Tigers alongside Warren McDonnell.

McDonnell, who was brought back to the club by close friend Tim Sheens last year despite being moved on by chief executive Justin Pascoe on two separate occasions, will focus on the pathways at the Wests Tigers, with Fulton to look after NRL.

If Fulton wants to make an early splash at WT he'll be on the phone to Tartak about one of these players

https://www.crownsports.com.au/

Zorba Peters on Sky Sports Radio this morning was criticising Manly for getting too close to Isaac Moses. He said Moses had conned Manly by getting them to sign shit players like Aaron Woods and Flanagan. I read somewhere else that Shane Flanagan just signed on to be managed by Moses in the hope that it would get him an interview with St George for their head coaching gig.

I agree with those who say they'd pass on Schuster. He's a bad egg.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Play Schuster as the 13

Pack of

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. Stef 

11. Ice

12. Bateman

13. * Schuster 

7. * Hawkins, Sezer, Dodd

6. Brooks

5. Tupou

4. Naden

3. * Campbell Graham

2. Staines / nofo

1. Bula

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@jedi-tiger Matamua?

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Not sure Schuster is one we should be after. Doesn't have the work rate to play back row, and doesn't have the fitness/athleticism to play in the halves. 

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Watching how close matamua is with the group he is very much being groomed at our 13. He is huge and has great hands. Maybe not as extreme talent as schuster but very talented and a much bigger body. He was captain of all the wests teams coming through grade and he is a local junior. My guess is he locks down the 13 role by the end of the season.

my fear would be 7 (brooks), 6 (Schuster)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs matamua is a good player but would take Schuster as a 13 if we can get him. Schuster needs to get fit but I believe he is a better 13 than matamua. I wouldn't buy Schuster if it was to play 6 however

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I’d take Schuster, he’s class.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

I’d take Schuster, he’s class.

That was a big discussion on the pod, I wouldn't take him.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

GreatOdensRaven, MickeyB, Joel Helmes and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
nztigerinoz
(@nztiger)
Junior Pathways

@garry I'm with you Garry. The guy has weight issues which tells me he doesn't take his football serious enough off the field. We dont want another "promising" talent join us that has a sh*t attitude.

co-Founder of Extreme Tipping
Only $25aud season entry!
​extremetipping.com.au
Join Code is: extreme2024 (Case sensitive!)

MickeyB and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

He strikes me as the type of guy with big tickets on himself that throws his talent away. Might realise later in his career that he has wasted his time in the game and get serious or might just disappear to super league.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I wouldn't take him.DCE giving him a serve about needing to not be lazy is a concern (last thing we need).

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 610 / 1058
Share: