Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

He would be a good get if we can but don't think we get him tbh

Same same jed. I wonder if recent failures of poms at wests tigers has dented our reputation as an Aussie destination club.🤔

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Sheens speaks very positively of Staines and says they will be talking with him soon about his contract situation 

I hope they offer him a decent 2 or 3 year deal. He’s a keeper I reckon. 

Tiger_Alex and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

There is no such thing as a guarantee on a position except if you’re the elite of elite.Form is,and should be the only denominator unless your name is Tedesco or Munster and have the runs on the board.I dare say most players understand the nature of the beast,especially a player who is clearly a number of kilograms over an acceptable playing weight.No doubt Schuster is highly talented but the alarm bells ring when witnessing what he served up on Sunday.

I give you one Luke Brooks, stinks it up a treat over a stack of years, never been dropped to reserve grade

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @crowsnest

The guy wants to play in Oz but was warned to stay clear of the tigers.

Just on the 'warned off' part, Chris Warren (who hosts the Behind the Roar Tigers podcasts) hosed down the whole thing. He is friends with the CEO that was quoted, who basically denied he ever said anything of the sort. 

851, Crowsnest and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@crowsnest I heard on the podcast that the boss of st Helen’s said nothing of the sort to stay away from the tigers at all

This post was modified 1 year ago by Westy81

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@westy81 

Westy I don't think it was him was it? I might have misread it.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@westy81 Sorry it was Mike Rush who denied it. I don't know where I go confused 😜

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

All this signing news . And I swear I thought Large was a halfback . I watched like 10 minutes of highlights . And if ever there was a green shoot . This kid is it ! Wow ! 
Sualli type size , with great hands and a great feel for the game . 
The kid could debut as early as 2025 , and that’s not a stretch . 
Hea definitely the kid sheens is talking about . 

851, Garry and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @lestronge

All this signing news . And I swear I thought Large was a halfback . I watched like 10 minutes of highlights . And if ever there was a green shoot . This kid is it ! Wow ! 
Sualli type size , with great hands and a great feel for the game . 
The kid could debut as early as 2025 , and that’s not a stretch . 
Hea definitely the kid sheens is talking about . 

Where did you see highlights?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

from Andrew Webster re Jack wighton,appears wighton was not a fan of Maguire. Makes sense why we never got Latrell and missed JAC, Madge was probably on the nose

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

from Andrew Webster re Jack wighton,appears wighton was not a fan of Maguire. Makes sense why we never got Latrell and missed JAC, Madge was probably on the nose

-- attachment is not available --

I was very happy to see the back of Madge although I thought his heart was in the right place with the club. Im sure Madge is sitting comfortably at home with a pipe and brandy watching the mess at the Tigers. We are certainly not MORE attractive to recruits now than with Madge.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I liked madge he just couldn't recruit any real big names did get api and ice. Couldn't get any backs like latrell or jac. 

don't think Ricky and madge are a great combo. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tiger5150 I liked madge he just couldn't recruit any real big names did get api and ice. Couldn't get any backs like latrell or jac. 

There wont be any "big names" coming for a while to come

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Arguably, Api and Ice would be in the top 5 big name recruits for the club in our 23 year history

Maybe along with Lote, Anasta, Blair & Bateman

If we had a long history of signing big name recruits which suddenly dried up with madge arrived,  if get the dig at madge.  But looking at the 23 year history,  I'd say it's more an issue of the club and madge did well considering.

My concern is we will waste the years we have with api and ice 

Top 8 2023

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

-- attachment is not available --

What a cop-out, he's the assistant coach, he probably won't stay long.

Wighton is full of excuses for why he would leave, to try and take the focus of the "money he turned down" that definitely won't appear in a paper bag in his car at some point in the future.

ReplyQuote
Page 604 / 939
Share: