Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I know this is off-topic, but surely we could arrange a roster of members/fans to turn up each day outside Wests Ashfield and Concord with signs/placards demanding the removal of Board, CEO and Chair? Or arrange for that to happen at WT home games?

I would volunteer my time to be there and contribute to costs for signs/placards to be developed. Nothing "unlawful" but clearly focusing on the negligence/incompetence of Board, CEO and Chair in their governance and role in the demise of the standing of WT as a reputable NRL club.

If a moron like Trump can incite a riot on US democracy, surely we can do this for our NRL club?

Could do that.............or......

Someone could organise a collection of Tigers fans somewhere, lets say in a beerhouse, and ask them to express their views, concerns and recommendations in a structured, positive and respectful way. Those views and recommendations could be collected and stored in some form of digital audio media and then go directly to the CEO of the club and give that digital audio media (lets call it a podcast) for the review and consideration of the CEO and the board.

I wonder which of those two strategies is most likely to end up with the board or management actually listening to the fans concerns?

Yeh, sure, it could work but how would you know they even listened to them or considered them? My point is that Lee and Pascoe jump at media criticism and negative publicity so a coordinated, strategic and visible public display of concern by fans/members would be reported by media. It's visible, it's immediate, it's obvious, it's public and they would have no choice but to respond through media. It's time to up the ante, IMO.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Watch the footy instead.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

I know this is off-topic, but surely we could arrange a roster of members/fans to turn up each day outside Wests Ashfield and Concord with signs/placards demanding the removal of Board, CEO and Chair? Or arrange for that to happen at WT home games?

I would volunteer my time to be there and contribute to costs for signs/placards to be developed. Nothing "unlawful" but clearly focusing on the negligence/incompetence of Board, CEO and Chair in their governance and role in the demise of the standing of WT as a reputable NRL club.

If a moron like Trump can incite a riot on US democracy, surely we can do this for our NRL club?

Could do that.............or......

Someone could organise a collection of Tigers fans somewhere, lets say in a beerhouse, and ask them to express their views, concerns and recommendations in a structured, positive and respectful way. Those views and recommendations could be collected and stored in some form of digital audio media and then go directly to the CEO of the club and give that digital audio media (lets call it a podcast) for the review and consideration of the CEO and the board.

I wonder which of those two strategies is most likely to end up with the board or management actually listening to the fans concerns?

I guess the question is what do you do if the CEO/board don't listen and just keep peddling the line that there's nothing to see and that this is all part of a five year plan and we're nearly winning games etc etc.

I'm not advocating for any of the actions being mentioned above but I do believe we are past the point where the CEO/board can address fan grievances in any meaningful way unless that involves compromising their own positions within the club.

Turkeys, Christmas and all that. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@celtic_tiger The issue with the management team and the board is they put their own self interest above the good of the club. Self preservation is key at WT, it matters above all else. We're poorly run, have no eye for detail and have become the meme club of the competition. The justification of "better financials" is pointless unless we're winning. The COE cant be used as a positive anymore as we haven't won a game since it was built and it's attracted no players. You can't hide the toxic underbelly of the club with fancy buildings and numberless charts showing our financial position. For the club to succeed Lee and Pascoe need to go, any other club would have sacked Pascoe years ago and Lee is only in it for his ego.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@celtic_tiger The issue with the management team and the board is they put their own self interest above the good of the club. Self preservation is key at WT, it matters above all else. We're poorly run, have no eye for detail and have become the meme club of the competition. The justification of "better financials" is pointless unless we're winning. The COE cant be used as a positive anymore as we haven't won a game since it was built and it's attracted no players. You can't hide the toxic underbelly of the club with fancy buildings and numberless charts showing our financial position. For the club to succeed Lee and Pascoe need to go, any other club would have sacked Pascoe years ago and Lee is only in it for his ego.

Absolutely spot on.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Terrible news for Staines.  Forgive my naivety but how does one suffer such an injury. I haven’t seen the game so I have no idea how it could have happened.

I imagine it's a freak impact that has caused a bowel tear, so probably something below the main abdominals (which are pretty strong), perhaps around the top of the groin or lower back. The tear was probably small, which is why he could keep playing. A large tear I expect would have bled significantly (internally) and he would not have been able to keep moving, both from pain and blood loss.

851 and Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Completely agree. But, apart from writing that on here, which will have little or no effect, what do we do? 

It's time to up the ante.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Completely agree. But, apart from writing that on here, which will have little or no effect, what do we do?

You mean what we write on here isn't immediately implemented by the club?! 😄

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

potentially no cleary for Saturdays game or turuva 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

interesting on the other forum a poster seems to think:

Chad Townsend to Tigers 2024

Luke brooks to 6 (450k per year for 2 years) 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

He'll be 33.... mmmmm. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike he can steer a team around, a bit old though not as old a Pearce. Not sold but depending if cowboys wanted to let him go he could be a stop gap for a year or 2.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

@mike he can steer a team around, a bit old though not as old a Pearce. Not sold but depending if cowboys wanted to let him go he could be a stop gap for a year or 2.

He’s a premiership winning half and is an upgrade on what we have currently.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

$225k per season for Brooks is more than he's worth but with the $180k discount its around $45k hit to the cap which is about right.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

He’s a premiership winning half and is an upgrade on what we have currently.

Will he be at 33 in twelve months time?

ReplyQuote
Page 602 / 939
Share: