Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Not sure where to post this. 

Luke Brooks is on 195 games right now. In 5 weeks time I expect he will bring up 200 at Leichhardt against Cowboys.

Im wondering how many players who’ve played 200 games would have a lower win rate than Brooks? Maybe Klemmer who just brought up 200?

How often do 200 game players never play a final?

Anyone know where I might find stats on this?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@mickb rugby league project is good but doesn't have a list you need to search players

Brooks has had 72 wins from 122 games so about 37% most wins in a season 12 in his Dally M halfback of the year season 

Up until he retired in 2013 i believe scott prince had the worst win/ loss.

Scott Prince 133 wins 166 loses and 44% win rate (includes broncos years) with 2005 getting 18 wins all other years with tigers more than  10 wins a season. Wests tigers 37 wins and 43 losses

Mark O'Neil for wests tigers (not balmain)  85 wins 134 losses  at 38%

John skandalis for wests tigers (not magpies) 99 wins 146 losses at 39%

Robbie farah 150 wins 150 losses at 50% 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @mickb

There is a Luke Brooks mega thread…

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/forum/wests-tigers-discussion/brooks-derangement-syndrome

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just on the Lewis Dodd thing - Chris Warren refuted the whole story on the Behind the Roar podcast this week for what it's worth. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @mickb

Luke Brooks is on 195 games right now. In 5 weeks time I expect he will bring up 200 at Leichhardt against Cowboys.

Im wondering how many players who’ve played 200 games would have a lower win rate than Brooks? Maybe Klemmer who just brought up 200?

How often do 200 game players never play a final?

Anyone know where I might find stats on this?

Just think, in 5 years you could be posting something similar about Brooks reaching his 300th.

Rugby League Project is a site with comprehensive stats.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@salty By his 300th game that would be 121 losses on the trot. Must be some kind of record surely.

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

DT reporting Warriors have signed RTS for next year.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Jahream Bula signs contract extension
Author
Wests Tigers

Thu 20 Apr 2023, 02:30 PM

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce a contract extension and upgrade for Jahream Bula ahead of Sunday’s home game against Manly Sea Eagles.

Bula will become the second Wests Tigers player to make his NRL debut this season when he runs out for the ANZAC Round match at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

The 21-year-old has today been elevated into Wests Tigers Top 30 squad, extending his playing contract through until the end of the 2025 season.

The Auckland-born outside back has been named at fullback for Sunday’s Round 8 game against the Sea Eagles.

Head coach Tim Sheens says Bula has earned this opportunity.

“He had a brilliant pre-season and has played well in the KOE Cup,” said Sheens.

He’s a talented young man and has a very bright future.

Tim Sheens

Chief Executive Justin Pascoe says it’s pleasing to see another player step up through the club’s pathways teams.

“It’s nice to see a player transition through Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup, like Jahream has,” said Pascoe.

“He got a taste of the top grade in our Pre-season Challenge match in Auckland and that was good for his development.

“We are delighted to have Jahream and his family as a part of this club long term.”

Bula says he’s a little nervous but excited about Sunday.

“I’ve been training my whole life for this opportunity,” he said.

“If you told me two years ago that I’d be playing in the NRL I would’ve laughed and taken it as a joke.

My faith has kept me grounded throughout this journey and now I get to showcase the abilities God has given me.

Jahream Bula

"None of this is possible without the man above.

“I’m extremely grateful for the support of all my family and friends, and I would not be here today without them.

“I am also grateful to my partner who makes me want to become the best version of myself.

“I want to thank Tim Sheens and the coaching staff here at Wests Tigers for the time they have invested in me, and for blessing me with this opportunity.”

Bula relocated with his family from Auckland to Queensland in 2016, where he attended Keebra Park State High School.

He's played a handful of games this season for Western Suburbs Magpies in the Knock On Effect NSW Cup, after playing Jersey Flegg Cup for Wests Tigers in 2022.

851, Mike, Crowsnest and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Jahream Bula signs contract extension
Author
Wests Tigers

Thu 20 Apr 2023, 02:30 PM

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce a contract extension and upgrade for Jahream Bula ahead of Sunday’s home game against Manly Sea Eagles.

Bula will become the second Wests Tigers player to make his NRL debut this season when he runs out for the ANZAC Round match at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

The 21-year-old has today been elevated into Wests Tigers Top 30 squad, extending his playing contract through until the end of the 2025 season.

The Auckland-born outside back has been named at fullback for Sunday’s Round 8 game against the Sea Eagles.

Head coach Tim Sheens says Bula has earned this opportunity.

“He had a brilliant pre-season and has played well in the KOE Cup,” said Sheens.

He’s a talented young man and has a very bright future.

Tim Sheens

Chief Executive Justin Pascoe says it’s pleasing to see another player step up through the club’s pathways teams.

“It’s nice to see a player transition through Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup, like Jahream has,” said Pascoe.

“He got a taste of the top grade in our Pre-season Challenge match in Auckland and that was good for his development.

“We are delighted to have Jahream and his family as a part of this club long term.”

Bula says he’s a little nervous but excited about Sunday.

“I’ve been training my whole life for this opportunity,” he said.

“If you told me two years ago that I’d be playing in the NRL I would’ve laughed and taken it as a joke.

My faith has kept me grounded throughout this journey and now I get to showcase the abilities God has given me.

Jahream Bula

"None of this is possible without the man above.

“I’m extremely grateful for the support of all my family and friends, and I would not be here today without them.

“I am also grateful to my partner who makes me want to become the best version of myself.

“I want to thank Tim Sheens and the coaching staff here at Wests Tigers for the time they have invested in me, and for blessing me with this opportunity.”

Bula relocated with his family from Auckland to Queensland in 2016, where he attended Keebra Park State High School.

He's played a handful of games this season for Western Suburbs Magpies in the Knock On Effect NSW Cup, after playing Jersey Flegg Cup for Wests Tigers in 2022.

Great news. Good luck to the kid

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Would be hitting a few targets at Tigers HQ- young junior signs a big extension a couple of days before his anticipated debut in a position they are severely lacking in. 

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm just happy to see a different lad showing us what he's got, rather than see the same players trot out each week and losing.

851 and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

@salty By his 300th game that would be 121 losses on the trot. Must be some kind of record surely.

Everything is on track at the moment, one wooden spoon down 5 more to go.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Congrats to Jahream. Good to see the club giving young blokes an opportunity.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @crowsnest

@jirskyr  That's a big club for you buddy. I think the media have a bit to do with it.

Rarely do you hear or read that a rooster player is peeved off with the sombreros. They seem to keep a lot of stuff in house and Robbo doesn't feed the media with too much bait.

He's a good young man Walker. Isn't it refreshing to see a clean cut fellow that appears to be well presented. A good role model.

I'm not saying we show no interest him, I just think atm we would ruin his career somewhat but at a bargain price we would be silly not to offer him a contract.

Btw, what are you doing up late mate, are U a shift worker?

I don't know, I get some impression that the media would love to go after Roosters, if things fell apart. But you are right Roosters run a tight ship. I am just interested that Roosters aren't doing so bad 2023, but already the whispers are starting, and Suuali'i signing with rugby was a huge blow for them.

re timing - I'm just a night owl and kids are on school holidays, so I can afford to sleep in for a few weeks!

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Used to enjoy the yearly stories about Craigie 'training the house down' over the summer, and coming into the season 'in the best shape of his career'. Like clockwork. 

Of course, nothing ever changed. 

I always like watching a fat guy with skill. Probably not allowed to say that anymore but oh well.

If you have never heard of Puig Aubert, the French player, you should read up on him. They reckon he might have been one of the best players of his era, little fat guy who I believe had a Maradonna-esque lifestyle of enjoying a drink, a smoke and rarely training. 

851 and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 586 / 1067
Share: