Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think there were multiple people saying at the time it was unlinked, perhaps the Pom was one of them, can’t remember. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I think there were multiple people saying at the time it was unlinked, perhaps the Pom was one of them, can’t remember. 

Its possible that we could have gotten Klemmer without Hastings, but its (IMO) ridiculous to suggest tehre wasnt coordination between the clubs. It was announced at the same time, which means there was discussion and IMO for it to be coordinated like that, and for us to let Hastings go, there must have been a quid pro quo for it, whether its was $$$ off one of their contracts, Klemmer this year instead of next, there must have been something.

Its possible that we get klemmer anyway, but maybe costs more $$$ or not for this year. We will never know.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Thoughts on Nelson Asofa-Solomona? Off contract this year. I know we are pretty stacked in the forwards but every team has one of these monsters. Steph is meant to be ours but his impact is inconsistent. #7 is the priority but he is one of the only marquee players who are actually able to be signed for 2024 and we have so much cash to spend.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 also Bateman and Hastings, Bateman got confirmed boxing day well after Hastings has departed for newcaslte. Allegedly bad blood between the two not sure how much was paper talk but maybe some truth to it as Hastings seems to fall out with DCE, and some of the 2022 tigers players as per  eqcastle game.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs Do you think big Nelson might end up a wallaby ?

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Eels kicking game (Moses and Gutho from the parts of the game I saw today) is so far ahead of ours. We had anything like that and we get so much more out of the field position our forwards consistently put us in.

hsvjones, 851, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

yeah that seems likely given how little press there has been over the fact that he is off contract. Either wallabies or time Japanese or French rugby. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I'm pretty sure I heard Sheens say Klem and Hastings weren't linked. 

But even if they were, we could of swapped Brooks instead of hastings.

I did hear somewhere Newcastle were pretty keen on Brooks 🤔

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@kenny4517 they are 7 games in let's judge that at the end of the year, I still lthink Dolphins run last this year

yes we are 7 games in just saying it’s working for them at this moment and I agree that I / we should judge them at the end of the season. Disagree with you on Dolphins, I think it will be us or the dogs.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@851 anyone to replace him ? or just him out makes you happy ?

think he signs 2 more years 24 and 25 

Why do we keep him, 10 years of not delivering is way too long, people are happy to dump on Nofa and want him gone, but Brooks form over the same length of time is worse, it hasn't worked in 10 years, just let it go already

Kenny4517, Avo, The Last Ronin and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

I’m just gonna say I’d go with signing Connor Tracey and play him at 7. At a stretch play Brooks at 6 and go full out on buying a quality 1. RTS would be my go too, surely he’d like to be coached by Marshall. Let’s just say if Luke wants a gig, he’ll have to play at half the price.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

who really cares tbh

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@loganr21 well he asked if tigers might look at signing him.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@851 don't compare nofo's attitude to Brooks for a start. Nofo's defence is not great and attitude generally stinks. We also have plenty of wingers and they are a dime a dozen anyway 

As for keeping Brooks as said it would be for a reduced contract and only if he is playing 6 with a good 7 next to him 

But who are you buying instead of Brooks? 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@loganr21 any half these days who has play led 100 plus games would get 700k minimum Hastings is apparently on 900k at Newcastle as an example.

ReplyQuote
Page 578 / 1067
Share: