Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigertownsfs think parra would push gutho to centre and campbell to fullback.

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-lewis-dodd-wests-tigers-do-not-sign-english-halfback-st-helens-where-will-he-play-what-year-phil-rothfield-mike-rush-nathan-cleary/news-story/9c9bae3a7579a2c0a9def31d7a59297c

Articles like this make it really hard for the bottom teams to turn a corner. Clearing salary cap should be a way for teams to work through a rebuild. Time for a draft? As the salary cap has only seemed to create a bigger divide between string and weak clubs.

CanberraTiger and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry does anyone know ? Is he , or could he be ? The same was said about brooks FYI. I can’t remember the last half to have that rap . Maybe Walker at the Roosters ?

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I dont think we can sign an established half - that ship sailed with Moses.

When Sheens sacked Madge - he kept saying we are a development club and need a development coach.

If we dont have a half coming through now, I'd be happy to sign 3 or 4 halves with the money set aside for Brooks and Moses- and let them compete against each other - like what storm have done

If it's a combo of Hawkins, Sanders, Taafe, Seezer etc- and add our value through good development coaching that sheens talks about (but is still to be proven).

P.s - do we have a halves academy? And if not, why not?

This post was modified 1 year ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

851, Tiger_Alex and Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It’s becoming entirely clear that the decision around what direction we take in the halves is one of the biggest in the history of the club and could go a long way to determine if the club can continue as a viable entity in the NRL or whether we drift away into obscurity.

I don’t  believe this is overly dramatic

The question is do we want Sheens to be the one making that decision given what has happened over the past 12 months.

851, Kenny4517, Declan McCutcheon and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger Marshall would make that call not really Sheens

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Re: Talau - hard to find a villain in the piece from what we know. I don't blame him & his agent for looking around for 2024 and beyond - he has bills to pay. 

Do we even know if WT have offered him a deal? If so, does it measure up to what Manly have offered? If they're rating him higher than us in terms of $$ then so be it - he's not really someone worth breaking the pay bands for. We have other positions of higher need for which we'll likely be more desperate and in need to overpay. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Re: Talau - hard to find a villain in the piece from what we know. I don't blame him & his agent for looking around for 2024 and beyond - he has bills to pay. 

Do we even know if WT have offered him a deal? If so, does it measure up to what Manly have offered? If they're rating him higher than us in terms of $$ then so be it - he's not really someone worth breaking the pay bands for. We have other positions of higher need for which we'll likely be more desperate and in need to overpay. 

fair points. After what the club has done for him I would hope that he gave the club the last opportunity to make an offer. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

On the halves - Sezer and Brooks sounds horrific. Both ex-NRL quality players whose talent curve is going the wrong way. No thanks. 

We should have at least one player to develop in the spine (ie 6/7/1) next year - be it Sanders or whoever, someone of that ilk that is blocked from progressing given their contracted halves. There are no obvious senior options that even fit the 'safe set of hands' category, and our name is so muddied that even SL coaches are throwing digs at us. 

Grabbing a couple of spine players of the future and bringing them along is our only sensible choice. 

Thankfully 9 seems to be covered off with a few years of Api into Da Silva. 

851 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tiger5150

After what the club has done for him I would hope that he gave the club the last opportunity to make an offer. 

Agree with that. Poor form if he hasn't - but I'll reserve my spittle for if and when that's confirmed either way. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@tiger5150 it’s horrible because there are no halves available and even the club seemingly have no idea what to do. When they released Hastings I figured they had something solid in place or Brooks was absolutely carving it up on the paddock to the extent there was no risk releasing Hastings. Evidently we shot for the stars with Moses and Williams and now we’re left with absolutely nothing.

for most clubs they do the little things right. we just go for hail Mary’s and if it doesn’t work just shrug our shoulders and say ‘oh well, we’re trying - off field has never been better’

No argument with any of that Avo. What does any of that have to do with Pascoes comment?

Yeah that's not how I took it either. We were discussing the lack of halves on the market, not a lack of strategy.

Obviously they went for Munster and Moses, sniffed around for other halves that re-signed at their current clubs.

Obviously they signed some halves depth in Wakeham and Smith.

Which really only leaves a question of whether or not we should have kept Hastings and not brought Klemmer in. I still would have hoped that Tigers attempted to sign better halves that Hastings too.

I don't know what Plan Z is supposed to be if all the big targets stay with their incumbent and the market is both competitive and fairly bare? Like what else realistically are the Tigers to do for the halves beyond aggressively targetting better players or wait for talented juniors?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

This Team is like a Shit show IMO... It's like an NFL team thinking they will succeed with no Qtr back.. 

Deadset someone needs to understand this at the club and spend whatever it takes to get one ASAP

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Which really only leaves a question of whether or not we should have kept Hastings and not brought Klemmer in

I don’t think Hastings/klemmer was a linked trade. By all accounts we were getting klemmer anyway.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @hsvjones

This Team is like a Shit show IMO... It's like an NFL team thinking they will succeed with no Qtr back.. 

Deadset someone needs to understand this at the club and spend whatever it takes to get one ASAP

Who?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @jirskyr

Which really only leaves a question of whether or not we should have kept Hastings and not brought Klemmer in

I don’t think Hastings/klemmer was a linked trade. By all accounts we were getting klemmer anyway.

We will never really know if we would have gotten Klemmer without Hastings, but its ridiculous to say they werent linked. It literally happened on the same day, within an hour of each other. Impossible that the two clubs hadnt coordinated it.

jirskyr and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 577 / 1067
Share: