Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @skippa13

Great when your childhood hero lives up to expectations.

Wayne is a champion player and a great bloke, that's a great yarn mate.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The last English back we got from the UK didn't exactly work out and the club said goodbye pretty quickly.

This might be doing the rounds over there. However we do have Johnny to reassure them 😻

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I reckon this should be a selling point though. Imagine the fan love that will be poured on the player/s that take us to the finals. They will become a club legend within one season. Surely that appeals to some of the egos out there. It was part of the reason why I was convinced Moses would come tbh.

I agree. We have an awesome pack of forwards at the moment. If Benji contacts you and says 'the no.7 is yours for the rest of the season' then you would surely put your hand up if the alternative is to sit on an NRL bench or play reggies?

851 and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think the problem is for most teams there is no upside in letting anyone go mid season given the concussion protocol and the amount of long term injury we are seeing at the moment. Only tigers are silly enough to allow players move mid season. Maybe if you signed a guy for 2 or 3 seasons you might convince a kind coach to let him go but I wouldn’t want to get any reserve grader that long a contract. We need our next 7 to work with Api to run our attack off our go forward. We don’t need another project at 7.

that said I like the look of trindall.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerbennyb)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@lestronge - Josh Rogers wynnum manly seagulls 6.

harry smith 7 - Wigan warriors 

max Plath - fins got him, 3 yr deal. Been emailing Pascoe , McDonnell and hartigan before that 12 months on this kid. Oh well 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

we better find someone to play 7 by the Manly game we have the spot open.

Surely they are looking. I worry that everyone is saying no thanks due to the pressure of joining a team 0-6 mid season and being seen as a saviour. Too much for a rookie or a player returning from the UK. 

I reckon this should be a selling point though. Imagine the fan love that will be poured on the player/s that take us to the finals. They will become a club legend within one season. Surely that appeals to some of the egos out there. It was part of the reason why I was convinced Moses would come tbh.

Their egos are also fragile and they know if they don’t have immediate success they will cop it. 

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Hunt has said he doesn't want to start all over again. No chance in the world he's coming to us. If he leaves St George he's going to a contender.

Who are the contenders with a spare million? They are contenders specifically because they don't have a spare million.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @jirskyr

Who are the contenders with a spare million? They are contenders specifically because they don't have a spare million.

I think roosters still have a couple of mill to spend

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Teams that need a 7:

wests

bulldogs

dolphins?

Each of these teams could probably put together a package for Hunt. Dolphins under Wayne would be a huge attraction I’d assume.

he probably isn’t keen to play 9 for club football but I would also assume that he would play 9 for the broncos and they would be the most ready to challenge for a GF in the next couple of years. Fairytale ending etc.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I would also assume that he would play 9 for the broncos and they would be the most ready to challenge for a GF in the next couple of years. Fairytale ending etc.

This would be an amazing redemption story if it was to happen 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Hunt has said he doesn't want to start all over again. No chance in the world he's coming to us. If he leaves St George he's going to a contender.

In that case he’ll choose a team where he might win a game, which sadly also rules us out.

851 and The Last Ronin reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Every morning when I wake up and have a cuppa then check this thread hoping some miraculous signing has happened overnight.

However it has become just a revealer of bad news. Another article written on us by a reporter turd pulling the plug on an already sinking ship. Just as we start baling out the water another hole in the bottom appears.

This morning it was Williams knocking us back. Whilst not horrendous news, it's another slap in our faces.

We are a resilient bunch of supporters. I wonder how many have jumped ship. I won't but the noise is annoying.

It's amazing how good the health of the NRL is when the Tigers are going well. You would think the NRL would bend over backwards in doing everything they could to keep as strong. 🤔

851, hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @crowsnest

Every morning when I wake up and have a cuppa then check this thread hoping some miraculous signing has happened overnight.

However it has become just a revealer of bad news. Another article written on us by a reporter turd pulling the plug on an already sinking ship. Just as we start baling out the water another hole in the bottom appears.

This morning it was Williams knocking us back. Whilst not horrendous news, it's another slap in our faces.

We are a resilient bunch of supporters. I wonder how many have jumped ship. I won't but the noise is annoying.

It's amazing how good the health of the NRL is when the Tigers are going well. You would think the NRL would bend over backwards in doing everything they could to keep as strong. 🤔

Missing Williams is disappointing but not unexpected. It seems very quiet in Concord at the moment, makes me think they will try and battle on this year with Wakeham and Brooks.

As others have said, surely there’s a decent halfback somewhere that wants a go??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

In that case he’ll choose a team where he might win a game, which sadly also rules us out.

You are correct but that will be the case for literally every player which means that we are going to need to spend probably 20-30% overs, which in turn means we need to be very selective about who we buy so we dont kill this club with cap issues. Hunt would be one player I'd go over for. He is exactly the type of player we need and probably could tolerate Brooks beside. The fact is going to be that if we get a genuine 7 it is going to cost us mega $$$ and therefore we might need a cheap option @6 or 1.

851 and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@helmesy We're running out of options and our 0-6 start isn't helping. With Williams, Moses and Pearce all rejecting us i'm honestly not sure where we go from here. I was absolutely fine with Hastings being released in the pre season but in hindsight it was a disastrous move. The worrying part is there is really not much available for next year either.

ReplyQuote
Page 563 / 1067
Share: