Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @forever-9th

So much Brooksfaulting 🤦‍♂️ theres many reasons the team isnt winning, completion rates being the main. 

It's not a recent thing though, it goes back all the way to 2021. The fact of the matter is we've won 2 of our last 22 games when Brooks has played halfback. His last win was round 7 last year. It isn't coincidence, the team is genuinely better without him in the lineup.

Brooks for his own well-being needs a change of scenery, the coaching staff should see this, they have a duty of care.

851, Joel Helmes, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @helmesy

Like we always say with Wests Tigers, we can’t knock them for trying.

Fox Sports

Did Fox Sports confuse the words "can't" and "can"?

"Like we always say with Wests Tigers, we CAN knock them for trying." They do little else!

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Head coach Tim Sheens had told journalists the club has no interest in Pearce.

And then Benji jumps on the phone to make an offer.

As one insider suggested: “They don’t appear to be on the same page.”

** Seems both coaches are not rowing in the same direction... Benji seems all about 2025 which would explain why AD only signed on until 2024.**

That of course is meaningless. Sheens hoses down almost everything in public; I would believe him about as far as I believe Wayne Bennett.

851 and Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Pearce is not the answer. as another poster said, he was past his best when at the Knights, so if we think Brooks is ordinary, Mitch will be worse. We need to not panic, our forwards are going well, we just need a half to catch and pass and give early ball to the centres, perhaps Wakeham can do this job. 

A half that can direct the team around the park and we'll be a completely different team. I think giving Bula a shot at 1 would be beneficial.

Before this season started, I thought AD was going to take on the role of directing the team around but for some reason he is playing panic footy and because of the resulting errors has completely lost his form. Someone like a Wakeham maybe needs to simplify our early plays.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

So Pearce said no. Where do we go from here? 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Sack Sheens

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Pearce is not the answer. as another poster said, he was past his best when at the Knights, so if we think Brooks is ordinary, Mitch will be worse. We need to not panic, our forwards are going well, we just need a half to catch and pass and give early ball to the centres, perhaps Wakeham can do this job. 

A half that can direct the team around the park and we'll be a completely different team. I think giving Bula a shot at 1 would be beneficial.

I don't need a half that can direct us around, just one that doesn't butcher the opportunities when we have them.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mac_Tiger, 851, Avo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@garry I wonder if Tim will ask the coach if he wants to captain aswell 🧐

ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast you are partially correct Brooks form has got progressively worse under Madge.prior to that it was good. But that also applies to a lot of others. I cant think of one that improved under him. 3 of the first 4 games were very winnable if they could hang onto the ball.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast you are partially correct Brooks form has got progressively worse under Madge.prior to that it was good. But that also applies to a lot of others. I cant think of one that improved under him. 3 of the first 4 games were very winnable if they could hang onto the ball.

I think Brooks has gotten a lot worse this year.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think 2024 we will end up with a halves pairing

6  Brooks 

7. Dean Hawkins 

1. Bula / AD

9. Api

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I think 2024 we will end up with a halves pairing

6  Brooks 

7. Dean Hawkins 

1. Bula / AD

9. Api

Who is Dean Hawkins?? 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin souths reserve grade halfback, played about 4 nrl games. Managed by Tyrone Smith apparently shopping him around to Super League

interesting kayal iro is a decent centre currently contracted to sharks for 23 and 24, Tyrone Smith is shopping him to Super League for 24

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2022/10/24/nsw-cup-2022-season-review--south-sydney-rabbitohs/ Dean Hawkins 2022

Looks like he has played reggies for at least 3 years https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2RuwuWdqQ

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

I think Brooks has gotten a lot worse this year.

I think so too. I thought his game against the Bulldogs in 2021 was so bad it was impossible to reproduce, but his last two games have been worse. His game against Melbourne has to be rock bottom. He can't get worse, can he?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 549 / 1067
Share: