Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I guess we have to spend our cap for 2023 so if that is the case Pearce is a better option at 7 than wakeham. 

Not sure he lasts all of 2024, seems a strange Signing don't think it's true but it is Sheens so never say never I guess 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tigertownsfs doubt it,it would mean Brooks to 6. 

At 34 and 750k a season a stupid signing may as well have kept Hastings 

think Wakeham to 6

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast mate I get you don't like Brooks but seriously he will be in the team ahead of wakeham ....

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@avocadoontoast 34 though mate ?

Even at 34 he is better than Brooks, while I am no fan of it, it is an upgrade on what we have

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@851 if and a big if he arrives in 2023 it will be Pearce 7 Brooks 6 AD 1 

Interesting in the other forum a poster made the comment tigers did enquire about Pearce before Christmas and found out his salary was 750k a year for 2023 and 2024 and apparently baulked at the idea and did not make any further offers. So basically Hooper is spinning bs according to some

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast mate I get you don't like Brooks but seriously he will be in the team ahead of wakeham ....

Why would he be when Wakeham has convincingly outplayed him in each game? On form Brooks is by far our worst half and in fact probably the worst half in the nrl.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The possible Pearce signing is odd and looks like we will just take whatever is there however it also shows there is not much around at the moment. We need an experienced half who can lead the team around. Pearce is passed his best however even at this stage becomes our best half. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Id take Pearce for this year only

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Hooper saying this delays the rebuild is absolutely idiotic . It implies that there is a 7 being held back in reserve grade , by Pearce being here the next 2 years .

If anything it gives the rebuild a chance , as , sheens has said multiple times the best way for kids to learn is to come up into a successful side . And this team needs a halfback to have any chance of success . 
I don’t get the Pearce hate . If people wanted Hastings , the toxic culture killer , who’s slow as a wet week and can’t defend , why wouldn’t they want Pearce , who at lease offers something other than. Passing the football even at 34 . 
And like others have said , we have to spend the cap. 
It’s a very smart move. There’s no halves anywhere!!It kicks the can down the road to enable some green shoots not just within our club but across the rugby league world . 
Because right now , Blake Taafe is the best half playing reserve grade . And we passed on him to get Wakeham . Enough said I reckon !  

851, jirskyr, MickeyB and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think the NRL 360 guys make stuff up 10 mins before they go on set.

Last Wednesday night Kent was spruiking "Moses to the Roosters" and he re-signed for Parra the next day. It's much more likely that we get someone out of another club's reserve grade side on an 18 month deal than any option involving bringing someone from Super League.

I'd throw Tristan Sailor up for consideration for our last spot in the top 30. He's not playing NRL for the Broncos any time soon. We need a new half to give the fans hope for 2023.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Warrington Wolves and England's George Williams tells Sky Sports: "I definitely wouldn't write it off [a return to NRL in Australia]. You've got to explore your options, but I've got 18 months left on my contract and I've got a while until then. Never write it off, but see what happens."

https://www.skysports.com/amp/rugby-league/news/12204/12845100/george-williams-says-he-is-enjoying-warrington-wolves-stay-but-definitely-wouldnt-write-off-nrl-return-amid-wests-tigers-links

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

THE Wests Tigers are making a play to return another one of the most famous surnames in the history of the club to Concord in Mitchell Pearce.

The son of champion Balmain Tigers captain Wayne Pearce, “Junior Junior” is currently playing for French club Catalans Dragons in the Super League but has become a target for Tim Sheens and Benji Marshall.

The Wests Tigers initially looked at trying to bring Pearce, 33, to the club prior to Christmas before the negotiations cooled.

But with Mitch Moses opting to remain at Parramatta on a five-year $6 million deal, the Wests Tigers are now actively looking at alternative options.

Pearce fits the bill given he’s won a grand final with the Roosters in 2013 and has a wealth of NRL playmaking experience.

A strong organiser who has a quality all-round kicking game and is also a dangerous ballrunner, Pearce ticks plenty of boxes in terms of what the Tigers are in desperate need of.

Since debuting in the NRL in 2007 at age 17, Pearce has played 309 NRL matches (238 with the Roosters and 71 with Newcastle).

A chip off the old block, Pearce is a fitness fanatic who has always trained hard and kept himself in cherry ripe condition.

There has long-been a suggestion Pearce would return to the NRL for a cameo season with the Sydney Roosters if he was to have one last crack in the NRL.

Pearce is believed to have revelled spending time in France since making the move at the end of the 2020 season.

The halfback missed the opening five games of the Super League season with a calf injury before making a return last weekend.

Pearce has played 23 games for Catalans and is signed for next season meaning the Tigers would need to negotiate an exit strategy.

Like we always say with Wests Tigers, we can’t knock them for trying.

Fox Sports

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

There is a 20 min interview Scott Sattler and Mat Rogers on SEN app from Tuesday night. If you have the app search "tim sheens' in podcasts and you will find it.

Deflects the question about Luke brooks and is adamant Doueihi is the best fullback at the club.

Majority of the interview is references to the good old days to be fair with little discussion about current squad. Still worth a listen IMO

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If the door has closed on Williams then we are in big trouble. There's noone decent coming off contract for next year.

I'd be trying to get Mitchell Pearce over for 24 (and possibly 23). All he has to do is direct the side around and kick on the last. Promote Bula and give him the rest of the season to make the fullback position his own. Go to market for a quality 6. If Wighton is the best available then get him. We have the funds to get Pearce and Wighton comfortably.

We have the bones of a really good side, let down by a horrible 1/6/7. We replace them and we are a much better side.

I was adamant in November or December that we should look at getting Pearce on board. I was that confident that without Jacko we would struggle big time. Honestly think our coach should have played aswell.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

if you can believe what Michael caryanis said on foxsports article, Brooks in staying for 2023 he has a verbal agreement with club for 2024. As we have seen verbal agreements don't mean much though

ReplyQuote
Page 546 / 1067
Share: