Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Moses value is diminishing each week 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

jirskyr and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Moses value is diminishing each week 😆

I have to admit a guilty pleasure of stalking the Eels forums. Im loving the vitriol towards Moses and Matterson at the moment. They hate them as much as we do right now.

jirskyr, 851 and Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @lestronge

@tucker I’m not defending brooks . It is all on him ! But individually he was our best . We need more from him , as that’s not good enough from our halfback . Both things can be true at once . 

It’s already begun . Laurie dropped . Wakeham on the bench , bulla at 22. If Wakeham comes on and looks the goods and the team plays well with him , then sure drop brooks . I just don’t see it happening . I’m only pro brooks because I know there isn’t anything better in the market or in the club . If we could snare a trindall , Hawkins etc I’d be ok with that . 
Like I said , his erratic energy last week was infectious , but in the worst way possible . 
But the hyperbole of him being shit , or playing poorly is hot garbage . He was a bad half but individually played well. And once again what do you do with that ? The same old story for the last 10 years . I have to rally behind him because of how intellectually dishonest people are around this subject because they want him gone . 

Laurie and brooks don’t mix . They both drift across field and cramp the space of the outside men . 
If Staines plays well , I can see Laurie playing for a different team by June 30 . 

Anyways hopefully this can help us this week . 

Laurie wasn’t dropped. He has a knee injury. 

I think it may have been coming anyway, he finished the game on the wing on Sunday.

May have been coming but still wasn’t dropped

Does it count as being dropped if he doesn’t get his spot back straight away? 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

A lot of discussion around the halves and if we are honest they are both average at best running halves. They can do a job in the right team - we are not it at the moment. They definitely shouldn’t be in the halves together. We need to try something else this year and the club have clearly marked it as an area to improve in the future. 

Edit - I’ll just add that it doesn’t matter which halve is moved/dropped but this combination has to go. 

851 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I didn’t watch the whole eels game but what I did watch I saw Moses boot a conversion from the sideline, put a forward over the line for a try and kick a clearing kick about 60m when eels were under pressure. Still think Moses and a sizeable fullback and we are a better team than the eels and a consistent top 8 

851 and The Last Ronin reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I didn’t watch the whole eels game but what I did watch I saw Moses boot a conversion from the sideline, put a forward over the line for a try and kick a clearing kick about 60m when eels were under pressure. Still think Moses and a sizeable fullback and we are a better team than the eels and a consistent top 8 

He’s got deficiencies in his game but he is a lot better than anything we have at the moment. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Moses' goalkeeping last night under pressure was really poor. Did some good things of course,  he is a quality player, but everytime he falls short is crunch moments. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Moses' goalkeeping last night under pressure was really poor. Did some good things of course,  he is a quality player, but everytime he falls short is crunch moments. 

I know he’s not clutch but far out we would be such a better team with him. At this point I don’t care about premierships. We are spooners, 0/2 against the worst teams in the comp at home, we are a powerhouse in the juniors, are profitable and have incredible high performance facilities. We just need to play finals footy every year and bring the young kids through together to win premierships. After watching brooks/douhie these last two weeks I have never been more convinced that a genuine halfback is the last piece. Just pay the guy his money.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

I know he’s not clutch but far out we would be such a better team with him. At this point I don’t care about premierships. We are spooners, 0/2 against the worst teams in the comp at home, we are a powerhouse in the juniors, are profitable and have incredible high performance facilities. We just need to play finals footy every year and bring the young kids through together to win premierships. After watching brooks/douhie these last two weeks I have never been more convinced that a genuine halfback is the last piece. Just pay the guy his money.

After our start I'm certainly not arguing with anyone who wants Moses. I get it. 

Just for me it's hard to take paying a crying schoolboy 1.4m who chokes in big moments.

No doubt we are a better team week to week if we had him, so I understand why some want him.

I would rather save a million and get a genuine organiser with a superb kicking game in Dean Hawkins. But in saying that, Benji would know Hawkins from his time at Souths, so the fact we haven't gone after him suggests he may not rate him like i do.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The offer has been there for a long time and still no answer from him. Now with Brown going to Roosters Eels probably will make another offer to Moses and he’ll decide then. I’d say he stays.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@doug-heffernan Hawkins could be good but unproven, do think souths are playing the wrong 7 think Hawkins better than Ilias

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin we need a centre Doueihi can play centre. We might be stuck with wakeham Brooks or Laurie in halves for this year

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@doug-heffernan Hawkins could be good but unproven, do think souths are playing the wrong 7 think Hawkins better than Ilias

I do think Souths have been playing the wrong 7. My Souths supporter mates think so too. I also know Cody Wlaker last year wanted Hawkins at 7 because he was more like Reynolds. 

But to be fair, Ilias has started this season a lot better then last year. He is starting to show promise and may just end up the better player.

Agree Hawkins is unproven and certainly no guarantee to be an NRL 7 if given the chance.

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@doug-heffernan Ilias played one good game and a not so good game last week, I think jury out on him.

I'd be happy to take a punt on hawkins

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs I think with all due respect Tigertown you’re contradicting yourself here.You open by conceding that he is not a clutch player but he would improve our stocks.I can agree with that,but you close with the statement,”just pay the guy his money.”I can’t agree with that.If he’s not a Cameron Munster do not pay Munster money.You say that at this point you don’t care about premierships.My point being that paying huge overs for a long contract for a non clutch player is the type of decision that will certainly not realise premierships.We’ve only just unshackled ourselves from the disastrous signings of Ivan Cleary.We should learn from the myopic decisions we made.The salary cap is a delicate equation at the best of times.               
 Whatever the manoeuvrings of Isaac Moses are,in my opinion this deal has been on the table long enough for a range of reasons,but perhaps the most important being,who are we,and are we really the pathways and development entity that we claim we are?

ReplyQuote
Page 510 / 1066
Share: