Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

@tigertownsfs I think with all due respect Tigertown you’re contradicting yourself here.You open by conceding that he is not a clutch player but he would improve our stocks.I can agree with that,but you close with the statement,”just pay the guy his money.”I can’t agree with that.If he’s not a Cameron Munster do not pay Munster money.You say that at this point you don’t care about premierships.My point being that paying huge overs for a long contract for a non clutch player is the type of decision that will certainly not realise premierships.We’ve only just unshackled ourselves from the disastrous signings of Ivan Cleary.We should learn from the myopic decisions we made.The salary cap is a delicate equation at the best of times.               
 Whatever the manoeuvrings of Isaac Moses are,in my opinion this deal has been on the table long enough for a range of reasons,but perhaps the most important being,who are we,and are we really the pathways and development entity that we claim we are?

yes this is a fair response. I just can’t imagine a premiership capable half choosing to come to a bottom 4 team. They will go to a top 8 team that is competing every year for a title. We may have some good halves in the juniors but they are 5yrs away from playing NRL so we are stuck. The risk I see for more years of underperformance is that if indeed our juniors are good they will end up at the roosters or south’s etc who will be able to pitch them a role in a team that’s strong across the park with a winning culture. Moses is somewhat unique as a 7 because he is more an off the cuff player than most and that obviously appeals to Benji etc. We have a quality 9, some quality forwards and outside backs will look much better if we are ontop and playing with shape and momentum. Brooks and douhie might have a role to play but this team is crying out of a genuine 7. the salary cap has gone up 25% and players like brooks and douhie aren’t going to be increasing their salaries. We have ti spend our cap somewhere and so I’m ok to spend it on Moses. I don’t see the comparison between Moses and the Cleary signings personally.

CanberraTiger, 851, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@the-last-ronin we need a centre Doueihi can play centre. We might be stuck with wakeham Brooks or Laurie in halves for this year

That’s the most logical change I can see. 
7. Wakeham 

6. brooks 

4. Doueihi 

I can’t see a Brooks/Laurie halves combination working 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs I understand your frustrations and especially in light of the past fortnight.Those performances were excruciating,and not being in Sydney I’m thankful that I didn’t own the misfortune of paying to witness them as I would have.        
I still maintain that we not get involved in the desperation stakes of buying Mitchell Moses at super inflated rates.It is a form of self sabotage in my opinion.
 If my memory serves me correctly Chad Townsend was a player who went to a bottom 4 outfit so it’s certainly not an impossible scenario.Opportunity knocks as it inevitably will over a season.Players’ stocks will rise and fall.Look at the money Cronulla paid for Nicho Hynes as  opposed to the freight we’d pay for Moses.That was astute buying.        
 I realise we’re 0-2 but I’m still enough of the optimist to believe things can’t turn around and I believe we can account for the Dogs this weekend even on their own dung heap in the heat and dust!!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I didn’t watch the whole eels game but what I did watch I saw Moses boot a conversion from the sideline, put a forward over the line for a try and kick a clearing kick about 60m when eels were under pressure. Still think Moses and a sizeable fullback and we are a better team than the eels and a consistent top 8 

Moses' goalkeeping last night under pressure was really poor. Did some good things of course,  he is a quality player, but everytime he falls short is crunch moments. 

Geez Eels have real problems if they are asking Moses to goalkeep amongst all his other responsibilities!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jirskyr

I didn’t watch the whole eels game but what I did watch I saw Moses boot a conversion from the sideline, put a forward over the line for a try and kick a clearing kick about 60m when eels were under pressure. Still think Moses and a sizeable fullback and we are a better team than the eels and a consistent top 8 

Moses' goalkeeping last night under pressure was really poor. Did some good things of course,  he is a quality player, but everytime he falls short is crunch moments. 

Geez Eels have real problems if they are asking Moses to goalkeep amongst all his other responsibilities!

I was wondering what that net under the posts was for 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

At the very least, Wakeham knows how to play with Api from the Fiji internationals 🤷‍♂️

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gcfan)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@the-last-ronin 

If we’re paying $1.4m per season for 5 years we cant have deficiencies 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @gcfan

@the-last-ronin 

If we’re paying $1.4m per season for 5 years we can have deficiencies 

I agree, he’s not worth a cent more then a million a year. But, and it’s a big but, is he worth a bit more to us given how desperate our situation seems to be.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @gcfan

@the-last-ronin 

If we’re paying $1.4m per season for 5 years we can have deficiencies 

I agree, he’s not worth a cent more then a million a year. But, and it’s a big but, is he worth a bit more to us given how desperate our situation seems to be.

I don’t think that he is worth that much but he is all that is out there so he’s won the lottery in terms of market value. 

Our only other option is to throw the dice with an untried youngster which we don’t seem prepared to do. 

So it’s even Moses at $1.4M or Brooks at his current $1M (both over priced) 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

That's a weird reply from you. Clearly I meant goalkicking.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

That's a weird reply from you. Clearly I meant goalkicking.

I think it was just a joke, I don't think he meant anything by it 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

@tigertownsfs I understand your frustrations and especially in light of the past fortnight.Those performances were excruciating,and not being in Sydney I’m thankful that I didn’t own the misfortune of paying to witness them as I would have.        
I still maintain that we not get involved in the desperation stakes of buying Mitchell Moses at super inflated rates.It is a form of self sabotage in my opinion.
 If my memory serves me correctly Chad Townsend was a player who went to a bottom 4 outfit so it’s certainly not an impossible scenario.Opportunity knocks as it inevitably will over a season.Players’ stocks will rise and fall.Look at the money Cronulla paid for Nicho Hynes as  opposed to the freight we’d pay for Moses.That was astute buying.        
 I realise we’re 0-2 but I’m still enough of the optimist to believe things can’t turn around and I believe we can account for the Dogs this weekend even on their own dung heap in the heat and dust!!

Agree with everything you wrote but then there was the last paragraph. Can’t share your optimism!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@momo-amp-medo I reckon we can beat dogs tomorrow

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think there is cause for optimism,after all we’re only 2 rounds completed and this weekend there is significant personnel change.Pole,Blore and Tupou give me confidence as each of them has a little of the X factor to their game.       My feeling is that we have to tone it down a little and stop trying for the low percentage miracle on every play.If we’re going to be expansive let’s do it off the back of some forward momentum rather than putting the cart before the horse.       The point of intrigue for me is the hooker rotation selection.Also,in this heat momentum and minimal mistakes will be a big determining factor.

In the meantime I’ll save the pessimism till the second rounds if we’re still going like busteds….Let’s go Tigers!!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

ReplyQuote
Page 511 / 939
Share: