Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @the_pom

@helmesy You’re mate game is still on, Parra have NOT come up with the 5th year option & Tigers are happy to make it an outright 5 year deal. 
THE GAME IS A FOOT

You said he informed the club he was staying at the Eels, how does it go from that to this, it would seem a bit rich to then come back and say now I want that deal from us

There were also reports that Benji was making phone calls to MM. If true he's kept this alive.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @barra

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @the_pom

@helmesy You’re mate game is still on, Parra have NOT come up with the 5th year option & Tigers are happy to make it an outright 5 year deal. 
THE GAME IS A FOOT

You said he informed the club he was staying at the Eels, how does it go from that to this, it would seem a bit rich to then come back and say now I want that deal from us

There were also reports that Benji was making phone calls to MM. If true he's kept this alive.

Perhaps Benji reminded Moses who hasn’t won a Premiership in the NRL era…

Eels

Raiders

Titans

Warriors

Dolphins

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

rumour in SEN and the other forum that tigers have signed Turuva from Penrith (cousin of Api) 

Not sure it is true given he will likely be named as Taylan May's replacement Rd 1 but good if it is true. Perhaps it is for 2024 ?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

rumour in SEN and the other forum that tigers have signed Turuva from Penrith (cousin of Api) 

Not sure it is true given he will likely be named as Taylan May's replacement Rd 1 but good if it is true. Perhaps it is for 2024 ?

We don’t have any spots so must be for 24.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy unless Ken is medically retired or maybe we move on seyfarth

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

We don’t have any spots so must be for 24.

This won't be happening as he is still under contract until 2024 so cannot even approach him until Nov this year. 

Pretty sure the Panthers media guy has come out and said its false 

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

just saw an article which i unfortunately cant o en on the courier mail website but it says Bateman has an injury...not a great start for us

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @davey-farrell

just saw an article which i unfortunately cant o en on the courier mail website but it says Bateman has an injury...not a great start for us

Yes, Papali’i mentioned it in his interview. Might be just something minor and a chance to bring him in slowly. Hopefully Api is good to go though.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

yea right thanks for letting me know helmsey..was a bit concerned when i saw the article

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Brett Hodgson

9D575511 9AF4 42C0 AE6C B83BE6A836BA

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Good luck to Hodgo, but I have to say Hodgo seems an unlikely choice for defensive coach. AFAIK he has always been a fullback which is a VERY different defensive mindset to the rest of the team. Would have some insight into structures I guess but no experience of implementing them and no experience of defense in a systemic structure.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger You would think that Ken’s days in the NRL are over .. whether a deal can be brokered for a medical release is up to him I suspect.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @snake

@jedi-tiger You would think that Ken’s days in the NRL are over .. whether a deal can be brokered for a medical release is up to him I suspect.

Why would it be up to him? Ken can get his injury treated and rehabilitated at the Tigers cost, all the while drawing a salary. Why would it be up to Ken to broker a medical release?

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 It is up to him isn’t it ! Whether he wants to sit on his arse or get on with his life were ever that is . There would still be generous money on offer !

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @snake

@tiger5150 It is up to him isn’t it ! Whether he wants to sit on his arse or get on with his life were ever that is . There would still be generous money on offer !

Not at all. Firstly, it is up to the Wests Tigers, not Ken, whether they seek medical release dispensation. Secondly it is up to the NRL whether or not they grant it.

If Ken gets medical retirement, Ken is not playing NRL again for the term of his Contract with the Tigers, there will be no generous money on offer.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 495 / 1067
Share: