Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I see Pom on the other forum 

Expecting the club to announce shortly a 2 year extension for Brooks, doesn’t want to go anywhere else based on discussions despite recent interest from the Dolphins.
Going to give Brooks & AD a chance to prove themselves now for the time being.
Large is the future for the club. Hopefully ready a year after Benji takes over

Large looks good but is still just 16, possibly 17, has plenty of work to do on his body. He looks promising for sure but not all promising halves develop to the level hoped. There are one or two others playing at the junior level who also have promise.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Has Farnworth resigned at the Broncos yet? If not would it be worthwhile to make him an offer? What do people think? Personally think an experienced fullback is best hence thinking RTS is best target.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@russtutty63 no he still hasn't signed with Brisbane yet

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @kenny4517

Glad it’s finally over. Looking forward to seeing what Sheens and Crew have planned next.

Same.

I wonder if Nathan Brown from the Eels comes back into the picture for Sheens now? We backed out of a deal with him a month or so ago because we knew taking Brown would make it easier for Parra to sign Moses. That is a moot point now.

If we have the cap space I wonder if we'd trade Seyfarth for Brown? Parra would at least consider that I think - they need to save $$$ on the cap if they've re-signed Moses.

After seeing our young forwards coming through on the weekend, IMO Brown is surplus to our needs. Yes probably slightly better than Seyfarth, but I think by half way through he season Seyfarth will struggle to make the 17.

Fair call. Assuming that we would try and move Seyfarth what or who would you want coming back the other way to take his top 30 spot?

I'd be upgrading Bula.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I heard a rumour a while back that RTS would be keen to link up with Fitzgibbon at the Sharks (ex rooster coach). Would Kennedy fit the mould as a better version of Laurie (skill plus size on the cheap)?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs hmmm probably need better than Kennedy I reckon. Get in Farnworth's ear while he is yet to put pen to paper with Brisbane. 

Ramien still has not signed with sharks despite commentators saying on weekend it looked likely

Club could do worse than 

1. Farnworth

2. Junior Tupou

3. Naden

4. Ramien

5. Staines / nofo

6. Douihie

7. Brooks 

or

1. Bula

2. Junior Tupou

3. Naden

4. Farnworth

5. Staines / nofo

6. Douihie

7. Brooks 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

A lot of ppl saying Moses was never going to leave, but I still think he would have if it wasn’t for the Brown-Harper trade. Either way I think we managed the whole process well and as others have indicated, we are on a good position moving forward. While I have faith in AD and brooks, I noticed a recent reddit post highlighted that tigers and nz are the only two teams with halves pairings that have no origin experience. At least we compensate with api, but it’s a little concerning.

Love the RTS talk but don’t know how realistic it is. Need more data on welsby before I get excited about chasing him. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Glad it’s finally over. Looking forward to seeing what Sheens and Crew have planned next.

Same.

I wonder if Nathan Brown from the Eels comes back into the picture for Sheens now? We backed out of a deal with him a month or so ago because we knew taking Brown would make it easier for Parra to sign Moses. That is a moot point now.

If we have the cap space I wonder if we'd trade Seyfarth for Brown? Parra would at least consider that I think - they need to save $$$ on the cap if they've re-signed Moses.

After seeing our young forwards coming through on the weekend, IMO Brown is surplus to our needs. Yes probably slightly better than Seyfarth, but I think by half way through he season Seyfarth will struggle to make the 17.

Fair call. Assuming that we would try and move Seyfarth what or who would you want coming back the other way to take his top 30 spot?

If a genuine elite fullback centre or half was actually available and willing to come, then sure. More realistically, upgrade Bula, James or Will Smith.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

RTS is 30 in June and didn't look the same player before he left for RU. It's all a bit diminishing returns on him imo so I'd rather we looked elsewhere. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I would feel better if we had a spot or two available in the roster.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Kenny4517 and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I heard a rumour a while back that RTS would be keen to link up with Fitzgibbon at the Sharks (ex rooster coach). Would Kennedy fit the mould as a better version of Laurie (skill plus size on the cheap)?

i would love Kennedy here, mostly because his Dad was one of my favourite players.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

i would love Kennedy here, mostly because his Dad was one of my favourite players.

Same, and his son can really play too.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Same.

Agree with you re Brown, and Seyfarth. In fact I found that Tumeth reminded me of Brown, just still a bit lighter but otherwise a lot of similarities. I'd rather invest in him than Brown.

And like I've said for a while, if Seyfarth is in our starting side or even the 17 we're not looking good. I'd happily just let him go if able to.

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@tiger-symmetry I don't think Laurie has shown anything, in fact I think he has been a disappointment, I would run with Stains in round 1 as fullback

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I would feel better if we had a spot or two available in the roster.

We have heaps available in 2024

ReplyQuote
Page 487 / 1067
Share: