Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Glad it’s finally over. Looking forward to seeing what Sheens and Crew have planned next.

Russtutty63, TigerSteve, Westy81 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @kenny4517

Glad it’s finally over. Looking forward to seeing what Sheens and Crew have planned next.

Same.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

I’m not cutting my throat because we missed out on getting M Moses. I think the new guys we signed this year, but more importantly, the ones we got rid of puts us in a pretty good spot.

Even if Moses came we wouldn’t be close to winning the comp but we have taken a big stride in improving things straight after getting the spoon.

I’m excited to see TT, Matamua and Blore mixed in with our new signings.

This year has a good feel about it.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@frullens surely we can throw the sink at welsby just pay the 800k transfer fee St Helens woukd want. 

If we are running with AD and Brooks you need welsby or RTS at Fullback 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I thought Welsby would be a flash in the pan after playing a pretty dismal Dragons team. But he was pretty classy against Penrith. Either him or RTS and we're looking good.

I'm concerned about our last tackle options with Brooks and AD in the halves.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Same.

I wonder if Nathan Brown from the Eels comes back into the picture for Sheens now? We backed out of a deal with him a month or so ago because we knew taking Brown would make it easier for Parra to sign Moses. That is a moot point now.

If we have the cap space I wonder if we'd trade Seyfarth for Brown? Parra would at least consider that I think - they need to save $$$ on the cap if they've re-signed Moses.

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@frullens surely we can throw the sink at welsby just pay the 800k transfer fee St Helens woukd want. 

No need to rush things ….. steady as she goes.

At this stage of his career RTS is not a risk with big money deal. As far as Welsby is concerned he looks promising but let’s not break the bank in useless bidding war. We need a big body, fast, skilled and youngish fullback. Suallii or Cobbo would fit the bill perfectly but I doubt our recruitment would manage those two targets or for that matter Welsby eather.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

No need to rush things ….. steady as she goes.

At this stage of his career RTS is not a risk with big money deal. As far as Welsby is concerned he looks promising but let’s not break the bank in useless bidding war. We need a big body, fast, skilled and youngish fullback. Suallii or Cobbo would fit the bill perfectly but I doubt our recruitment would manage those two targets or for that matter Welsby eather.

All 3 would command a big contract. Cobbo would probably stay in QLD so Dolphins would throw a lot at him if he was available. Welsby would only leave a great club like St Helens for a huge offer, he’s young and could have a crack at NRL later if he was keen. Sualii would be offered big dollars in Union I’d think so he too would need an offer to beat that. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lestronge

@jedi-tiger that’s fine mate . If we were at 1.3 and they drifted from 1 to 1.2 then that’s all good for us . 

You never know this might have been the rocket guys like AD and brooks needed . 
I rate them both . AD in defence , well AD next to Ice in defence , looked daylight to last year . If that’s been rectified now , which it might have , then I can see AD playing origin this year if he plays to his potential . 
If talakai could get a run last year then there’s definitely a spot in the centres waiting for him if he has a boom year . 

and if the forwards go forward and cause compression out wide , I can see brooks having a field day against staggered lines . 
Moses has been a flat track bully for a while now . 
we might get the opportunity this year for the first time in 10 years , where our halves can get a chance to be the same . 

Agree with your thoughts on Doueihi. To me he’s got as much going for him as Burton, maybe more. If he stays fit I think playing under Sheens & Benji and behind a good pack he can have his best season yet. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Let’s not forget that we have a pretty decent No.1 in Daine Laurie.He’s safe as as a bank and at the same time not breaking it.I’m predicting that he’s in for a big year.Thus far he’s always had to play off the back foot from impossible situations and performed well.He’s always shown courage and is an exceptional ball player.The nature of our side has changed dramatically and I believe so will his fortunes and opportunities.Whilst not a super athlete,super talented though.Funny how the other man’s grass is always greener.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mickb

Same.

I wonder if Nathan Brown from the Eels comes back into the picture for Sheens now? We backed out of a deal with him a month or so ago because we knew taking Brown would make it easier for Parra to sign Moses. That is a moot point now.

If we have the cap space I wonder if we'd trade Seyfarth for Brown? Parra would at least consider that I think - they need to save $$$ on the cap if they've re-signed Moses.

After seeing our young forwards coming through on the weekend, IMO Brown is surplus to our needs. Yes probably slightly better than Seyfarth, but I think by half way through he season Seyfarth will struggle to make the 17.

Joel Helmes and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

In today’s game it’s almost impossible to have 4 elite level players in your spine, the Storm seem to be the exception having about $4 million tied up in theirs. Fortunately for them they are able to surround them with a couple of very good forwards, some youngsters and a few looking for opportunities. Helps to be as successful as they are too. For the majority of clubs they have to do things a little differently especially if they haven’t experienced much success in recent years. So they’ve got to try to attract some very good players to fill their spine and, if possible, fill one or two of those spots with an elite level player. The Tigers have brought in Api so there’s one spot done. Since it looks likely Moses is staying at the Eels and there’s no other real options available right now in the halves market they’ve got to look at the fullback position. It seems to me they can have a really good crack at RTS and if they were successful I think it’d then be a spine that could compete well with any in the comp especially so if Matamua progresses as well as hoped.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Zig when others zag.

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/9f729c03e8648874073487818603c83d

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I see Pom on the other forum 

Expecting the club to announce shortly a 2 year extension for Brooks, doesn’t want to go anywhere else based on discussions despite recent interest from the Dolphins.
Going to give Brooks & AD a chance to prove themselves now for the time being.
Large is the future for the club. Hopefully ready a year after Benji takes over

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mickb

Same.

After seeing our young forwards coming through on the weekend, IMO Brown is surplus to our needs. Yes probably slightly better than Seyfarth, but I think by half way through he season Seyfarth will struggle to make the 17.

Fair call. Assuming that we would try and move Seyfarth what or who would you want coming back the other way to take his top 30 spot?

ReplyQuote
Page 486 / 941
Share: