Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @barra

Posted by: @mickb

https://twitter.com/Cody_KayeFOX/status/1622765158237085696 could go either way based on this.

If it is honestly "with my management" then it is all about getting the best contract. Which would surely put us in the box seat?

His manager has a reputation for chasing the $ and has been doing a lot of deals with the club lately.

Its a very true statement but should make us all uncomfortable at the same time. Isaac Moses has done more damage to our club than any one other person in its history and now management decides its time to get back into bed with him?

Why? I wonder if the truth on this will all come out in the wash? Im equally keen to know why all the Sam Ayoub clients have been shown the door (something that Gus Gould predicted the day Madge was terminated)?

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@cqtiger parra wouldn't need nofo they have sivo and likely if they let Moses go they woukd want to trade more than just nofo

They are short on outside backs and maybe a prop.

FWIW Alex Twal's manager is Gavin Orr who conveniently manages Brad Arthur and 5 or 6 other Eels players

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Player managers!!This negotiation is suffering extreme constipation and needs a swift emetic!!!I’m definitely on board with MickeyB,after Isaac Moses hung us out to dry last time out.
If it amounts to 1.4 million for Mitchell Moses,well that amounts to some pretty slick wheeling and dealing where we’ve overdone it well and truly in my opinion.I just don’t see him deserving of Munster money on the long contract.I know good halves don’t grow on trees,but I’d be of a different mindset and direction,and at the same time curtailing Isaac Moses’s influence over us.But,certainly willing to admit I could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

In-demand Eels star Mitchell Moses plans to have future sorted before round 1​

He’s the most sought after player on the market, but speculation around Mitch Moses’ future should be over within weeks.

Mitch Moses’ teammates jokingly stood around as he did interviews on Tuesday afternoon hoping to catch some breaking news, but the Eels halfback was tight-lipped about his future that he hopes to have sorted in the next few weeks.
The flashy playmaker is the most sought after player on the market, with the Wests Tigers reportedly willing to break the bank to lure him back to the club that handed him his NRL debut.

Mitch Moses wants to sort out his future within the next four weeks. Picture: Richard Dobson
Moses and the Tigers parted ways midway through the 2017 season and it wasn’t the cleanest break-up, which is why the 28-year-old has taken a mature approach to the current contract situation.

He still has an option in his favour to stay at the Eels in 2024, but his preference is to get a deal sorted before the beaten grand finalists open the season against the Storm on March 2.

“I would like it done before the start of the year,” Moses told the NCA NewsWire.

“I’ve left everything up to my manager so all my focus has been on the new season. I’ve got full trust in him that he can do what he thinks is best to make sure I can play my best footy.

“I told him to do all the talking and look after all the meetings, and when he’s ready, he can let me know.

“I think I’ve handled this situation a lot better than what I have in the past. I’m fully focused on Parramatta and coming to training where I can rip in with the boys.

“Hopefully, everything else sorts itself out before the new year.”

Dylan Brown and Moses combined to take the Eels to last year’s grand final. Picture: NRL Photos
This is the biggest decision Moses has had to make in his footy journey, with the Eels desperate to keep him after seeing what he and halves partner Dylan Brown were able to achieve last year.

The pair took Parramatta to its first grand final since 2009, and while they were well beaten by Penrith, there is a firm belief out west that they can compete for the next few titles if they can retain the core of their squad.

That was helped in December when Brown signed a unique extension, and the five-eighth hopes Moses will be there alongside him for many years to come.

“I don’t really have a pitch for him, but my main focus is to play good footy which will allow him to play good footy. We all owe it to him because he’s done so much for us as a team,” Brown said.

“I feel like if we continue to play the way that we have been playing then he won’t want to leave – whether that’s for money or any other reason. He loves Parra and we want him to stay.”

I dont want to get too far ahead of myself here (but will anyway). IMO Moses gives the game away in this interview and its good news for us.

He says..."I think I’ve handled this situation a lot better than what I have in the past.".  Well lets look at how he dealt with in the past. In May 2021 he signed his latest deal with Parra with no media circus, including a PO and both player and club happy. Hard to see what he could do a "lot better than in the past". Prior to that in 2017 he behaved atrociously, lied to the club, signed with an opposition club, then asked for an early release which was rejected and then tanked and agitated for the early release anyway. Probably a bit in there that he could tidy up a second time around.

My point being that if he is just re-signing with Parra, there is nothing to do better, but if he is signing with us, a year out, potentially with a desire for 2023, then this statement could make more sense.

Im starting to wonder if the delay is about '23, not '24

851, hsvjones and CloudyGlock reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @tiger5150

In-demand Eels star Mitchell Moses plans to have future sorted before round 1​

He’s the most sought after player on the market, but speculation around Mitch Moses’ future should be over within weeks.

Mitch Moses’ teammates jokingly stood around as he did interviews on Tuesday afternoon hoping to catch some breaking news, but the Eels halfback was tight-lipped about his future that he hopes to have sorted in the next few weeks.
The flashy playmaker is the most sought after player on the market, with the Wests Tigers reportedly willing to break the bank to lure him back to the club that handed him his NRL debut.

Mitch Moses wants to sort out his future within the next four weeks. Picture: Richard Dobson
Moses and the Tigers parted ways midway through the 2017 season and it wasn’t the cleanest break-up, which is why the 28-year-old has taken a mature approach to the current contract situation.

He still has an option in his favour to stay at the Eels in 2024, but his preference is to get a deal sorted before the beaten grand finalists open the season against the Storm on March 2.

“I would like it done before the start of the year,” Moses told the NCA NewsWire.

“I’ve left everything up to my manager so all my focus has been on the new season. I’ve got full trust in him that he can do what he thinks is best to make sure I can play my best footy.

“I told him to do all the talking and look after all the meetings, and when he’s ready, he can let me know.

“I think I’ve handled this situation a lot better than what I have in the past. I’m fully focused on Parramatta and coming to training where I can rip in with the boys.

“Hopefully, everything else sorts itself out before the new year.”

Dylan Brown and Moses combined to take the Eels to last year’s grand final. Picture: NRL Photos
This is the biggest decision Moses has had to make in his footy journey, with the Eels desperate to keep him after seeing what he and halves partner Dylan Brown were able to achieve last year.

The pair took Parramatta to its first grand final since 2009, and while they were well beaten by Penrith, there is a firm belief out west that they can compete for the next few titles if they can retain the core of their squad.

That was helped in December when Brown signed a unique extension, and the five-eighth hopes Moses will be there alongside him for many years to come.

“I don’t really have a pitch for him, but my main focus is to play good footy which will allow him to play good footy. We all owe it to him because he’s done so much for us as a team,” Brown said.

“I feel like if we continue to play the way that we have been playing then he won’t want to leave – whether that’s for money or any other reason. He loves Parra and we want him to stay.”

I dont want to get too far ahead of myself here (but will anyway). IMO Moses gives the game away in this interview and its good news for us.

He says..."I think I’ve handled this situation a lot better than what I have in the past.".  Well lets look at how he dealt with in the past. In May 2021 he signed his latest deal with Parra with no media circus, including a PO and both player and club happy. Hard to see what he could do a "lot better than in the past". Prior to that in 2017 he behaved atrociously, lied to the club, signed with an opposition club, then asked for an early release which was rejected and then tanked and agitated for the early release anyway. Probably a bit in there that he could tidy up a second time around.

My point being that if he is just re-signing with Parra, there is nothing to do better, but if he is signing with us, a year out, potentially with a desire for 2023, then this statement could make more sense.

Im starting to wonder if the delay is about '23, not '24

interesting analysis.......

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

After seeing Moses’ interview today I’m extremely confident.

851, Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

notice how he touches his face when he is asked where he is at with his decision and he says “it’s with my management”. My 5 minutes of internet research indicates that is a sign that the subject is lying/has something to hide 👀

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

notice how he touches his face when he is asked where he is at with his decision and he says “it’s with my management”. My 5 minutes of internet research indicates that is a sign that the subject is lying/has something to hide 👀

@tigersteve loves conversations about body language.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I’m confident. I don’t really consider re-signing with the Eels as being “the biggest decision of my life”. I think we know what he’s referring to. Clearly we are fighting hard and our offer (both money and circumstance) is better than competitive. I would say there’s a degree of being made to feel really wanted here and that’s a factor too (as Klemmer pointed out recently). But, we just have to wait and see.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, Tiger_Alex, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

But did he touch his face for the right amount of time? Did he move his hand on his face or keep it still? We really need a detailed report on the exact meaning of all his body movements contrasted with different interviews. 

It reminds me of Papali’i being interviewed about come here last year. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

But did he touch his face for the right amount of time? Did he move his hand on his face or keep it still? We really need a detailed report on the exact meaning of all his body movements contrasted with different interviews. 

note:

1) smile on his face when question asked

2) his voice raises an octave 

3) he holds his breath

these are classic signs. He’s coming.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2023/02/07/mitchell-moses-its-a-good-feeling-at-the-moment/

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

note:

3) he holds his breath

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2023/02/07/mitchell-moses-its-a-good-feeling-at-the-moment/

Alright you’ve convinced me. I’ll get the banner ready for 2024. 

regardless of body language I think it’s closer to signing with us than Parra. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigerbennyb)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Don’t think douhie stays around if Moses signs. I don’t believe he’s a fullback, and his defence at centre is Woolworths turnstile. 

I hope Liam scolari plays well in his trial match against the warriors. I know nothing of rua, only what I read on forums. 

how is Tristan Reilly training ? I first thought with his rugby background he could possibly be a centre??? Young feledy looks to have some promise. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

note:

3) he holds his breath

Coming to Tigers, or just playing some pocket billiards?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

interesting Seyfarth had been offered a 3 year deal from warriors from 2024 but has knocked it back as wife is pregnant and wants to be around family support. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 465 / 1059
Share: