Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast I don't think twal or seyfarth are worth anything to a parramatta. You need to offer up players who teams may want e.g. Newcastle and Hastings etc. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger-symmetry only looking at what forward might generate some interest (dont think twal or seyfarth do if they did great) he has experience and if it meant getting Moses 2023 it would be a big yes from me. 

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

I’m not a fan of trading players to get another player here early.

It says to the players you are thinking of trading that you don’t rate them. I’m a believer in having all your players wanting to stay and play for the club.

If someone here is not happy, then maybe (Noffa?).

In M Moses case, sign him 2024 and be patient.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast I don't think twal or seyfarth are worth anything to a parramatta. You need to offer up players who teams may want e.g. Newcastle and Hastings etc. 

Then wait for next year and give up noone. We're not winning this year whether moses is here or not.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Listening to the latest podcast I believe Tiger Steve articulated it well;how the fan and the player alike are becoming more disenfranchised by the overarching and all consuming business ethics(or lack there of).I realise that is the mercenary nature of the beast but in terms of team building and the more traditional aspects of the game such as loyalty and watching the progress of players ON the field there seems to be a greater disconnect.

Players now more than ever are greatly commodified,here one day gone the next, so I find it refreshing when you do see a bit of passion and loyalty at play,even if in the words of Tommy you can’t feed your family on it..Lol.

Hope the young fellas acquit themselves well against the Warriors.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I agree that Joe should not be considered for a trade. His desire to win is strong - I mean this is a guy being talked about as Captain material! He has shown the sort of grit and determination that is so necessary, and we have so lacked across the squad.

Yes he will have others around him with experience and similar mindset this year but that doesn't devalue what he does! Or make it expendable, it will hopefully be more complimentary and effective.

I know we have different coaches and this can turn a squad upside down but Joe seems to be in favour (well he has not only survived the shedding but hasn't even been mentioned in this way) and if so, Sheens will find the right fit for him within his structures.

Leave the horse-trading to the others, we've already had a huge player turnover. If we get Moses well and good but I can wait until 2024.

Garry and Tiger Symmetry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @cqtiger

I’m not a fan of trading players to get another player here early.

It says to the players you are thinking of trading that you don’t rate them. I’m a believer in having all your players wanting to stay and play for the club.

If someone here is not happy, then maybe (Noffa?).

In M Moses case, sign him 2024 and be patient.

Agree with you in principal but if Moses does sign with WT for 2024 then I'd say its at least a 50% chance of him coming early. WT can create the cap space for Moses in 2023 by re-signing Brooks on a new contract where the heavy 2023 cap hit is spread out over future.

Sheenius will be pushing for that outcome Im sure.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://twitter.com/Cody_KayeFOX/status/1622765158237085696 could go either way based on this.

851, Westy81 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

https://twitter.com/Cody_KayeFOX/status/1622765158237085696 could go either way based on this.

If it is honestly "with my management" then it is all about getting the best contract. Which would surely put us in the box seat?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @barra

Posted by: @mickb

If it is honestly "with my management" then it is all about getting the best contract. Which would surely put us in the box seat?

His manager has a reputation for chasing the $ and has been doing a lot of deals with the club lately.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast probably the sensible move

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy I kind of think Isaac will be to the club you take mitchell and you take Brooks you have a deal that gives him klemmer Brooks Moses Bateman.

Would leave AD without a seat in the halves at least but not necessarily out of the club if he wants to try other positions in team. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mickb I think that has been the plan with Brooks and Sheens for awhile restructure the Brooks deal

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@cqtiger parra wouldn't need nofo they have sivo and likely if they let Moses go they woukd want to trade more than just nofo

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@cqtiger parra wouldn't need nofo they have sivo and likely if they let Moses go they woukd want to trade more than just nofo

They are short on outside backs and maybe a prop.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 464 / 941
Share: