Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I’m flabbergasted.I know the NRL horse trading is just par for the course,but where does loyalty and respect for services rendered enter the argument.

Joffa showed so much courage in adversity last year,and implored his teammates to look inwards in an effort to rally the side in its darkest hour.To me that is the quality that should not be thoughtlessly or arbitrarily jettisoned.Joe is steeliness personified,a quality that has been lacking at the Wests Tigers for too long.

True, but we need to keep improving the impact and ability of the team too.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tiger-symmetry plenty were saying Hastings was seen as a leader of the club by some now he is up at Newcastle.

if parramatta wanted joffa for Moses in 2023 he would be gone 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry Bateman to second row ? I would have thought joffa to bench prop

Bateman will be second row, I think Joffa will probably start at prop and be replaced by Stef. If it was up to me I'd have Joffa starting at lock early in the season and then moving into the prop rotation.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@tiger-symmetry plenty were saying Hastings was seen as a leader of the club by some now he is up at Newcastle.

if parramatta wanted joffa for Moses in 2023 he would be gone 

Completely untrue, Joffa is very well respected by the coaching staff.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Personally I see Joffa starting at lock and then moving into prop rotation after 20 mins.

bench rotation of Twal, Blore, Matamua/Rua and Pole although possibly an outside back like Talau instead of Pole. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger I think you missed the essence of my point Jedi.

851 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @boonboon

Personally I see Joffa starting at lock and then moving into prop rotation after 20 mins.

bench rotation of Twal, Blore, Matamua/Rua and Pole although possibly an outside back like Talau instead of Pole. 

That is how I would use Joffa early in the season as well mate, I think Talau will be starting and think it is possible we will see Simpkin on the bench.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry you don't think IF parramatta came knocking ...they have hopgood replacing papali currently joffa would be a big improvement 

Obviously if Moses doesn't come until 24 the great we have Joffa 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry you don't think IF parramatta came knocking ...they have hopgood replacing papali currently joffa would be a big improvement 

Obviously if Moses doesn't come until 24 the great we have Joffa 

They don't let him go, even if Parra comes knocking. Thing is, this is all horse before the cart stuff anyway, how about we get Moses sorted for 24, he won't be here in 23.

Last thing I would say is Joffa wouldn't be a replacement for Papalii anyway, any side that signs Joffa to play in the second row would have made a mistake as he is not a second rower.

Forever 9th, 851, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry it will be interesting depending if parramatta wanted anyone, nobody thought Hastings would be moved on and he was I (I thought absolutely no chance) guess klemmer was the appeal in that case. 

Agree though let's get Moses for 24 first

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry it will be interesting depending if parramatta wanted anyone, nobody thought Hastings would be moved on and he was I (I thought absolutely no chance) guess klemmer was the appeal in that case. 

Agree though let's get Moses for 24 first

They would have got Klemmer anyway.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I’m flabbergasted.I know the NRL horse trading is just par for the course,but where does loyalty and respect for services rendered enter the argument.

Joffa showed so much courage in adversity last year,and implored his teammates to look inwards in an effort to rally the side in its darkest hour.To me that is the quality that should not be thoughtlessly or arbitrarily jettisoned.Joe is steeliness personified,a quality that has been lacking at the Wests Tigers for too long.

True, but we need to keep improving the impact and ability of the team too.

The only ones they should even contemplate swapping out are Doueihi, Nofoaluma or Seyfarth.

Definitely not one of our best forwards, at the moment we have the perfect blend of youth and experience players in our forward pack.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigerlily Yes Joffa played great last year in a side where we came last and a very ordinary forward pack.

Joffa is not a better front rower than klemmer and Stef has way more upside. We even have Pole coming through

Joffa is not a better second rower than Papali or Bateman

Is he the ballplaying lock we want probably not

Joffa is a bench front rower on good coin and the onpy forward worth some coin you could possibly trade

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jedi-tiger Isn't your first line an advertisement for keeping him? He was surrounded by complete garbage and still managed to play pretty well. I don't think he's a superstar but he makes our team stronger, not weaker.

If you want to get rid of a forward give them Twal and/or Seyfarth.

Forever 9th and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger You are making a case or argument for Joffa to be traded,or at least the primary candidate there of.I believe your points and the way you’ve framed them are a little dubious and flawed.
From your opening paragraph you say he played great,but then you are implying that as we came last his efforts were possibly questionable.If my memory serves me didn’t Joffa win the PF’s best and fairest?

Of course Papalii and Bateman are better second rowers,but is Joffa a second rower to start with?
Stefano has more upside physically and athletically but when the chips are down he has yet to prove himself.Big fan of Pole,but the same applies.

And your last paragraph you refer to him as a bench front rower on good coin,I think that’s a little mischievous and a bit of a cheap shot.

Of course you’re entitled to your viewpoint but for my way of reckoning,and while he’s not overtly a Haas or Fifita,he has attributes less pronounced but just as valuable in the context of our side.Joffa is a definite keeper for me and not to be horse traded…

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 463 / 939
Share: