[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @helmesy

It would be very long odds that Moses is here in 23

@helmesy - I take that bet Joel.

Would you take $100 @ 100/1 ??

You reckon he’s a chance of being here round 1 2023?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy I think 100/1 Moses to be here 2023 and 6/4 on Moses to be here 2024

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @cqtiger

So ‘rumour’ has it that Moses has signed with us and two things are stopping the announcement.

1. Waiting for the new CBA to be signed off

2. Douehi signing with Eels and final details being sorted.

I have no idea how true this is but if Douehi part is true, would that mean MM for 2023?

It all makes sense, but at this stage I would say that’s just people putting two and two together.

I’d be doing that trade if it was on the table though. I believe Dylan Brown is expected to be the Eels half moving forward and it would allow Doueihi to play 5/8 and that’s something that I don’t see being a long term proposition here.

I’d take that trade but if you’re Parramatta no way are you doing that for 2023. They made the Grand Final last year and they would believe they can get there again in 2023 despite losing a few players. If they trade Moses for AD there is no way that happens 

I love a roughie, and after yesterday, I am due a win

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

No, 

You said in 23

But didn't day which month, 

I think there's a chance of him being on our books in December 23 

😉

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

No, 

You said in 23

But didn't day which month, 

I think there's a chance of him being on our books in December 23 

😉

Ahhh I see 😆

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

What a deal:

David Klemmer (Tigers)

Estimated price: $400,000

The Knights are still paying half of Klemmer’s $800,000 salary for this season. At $400,000 for 2023, the Tigers have picked up Klemmer for a steal. Especially considering the Tigers were meant to be paying Zane Musgrove (released to the Dragons) in excess of $500,000 for the next two years.

Klemmer picked up Newcastle’s players’ player award last year, averaging 155 metres per game. That was well ahead of Musgrove’s 89 metres per game on a 25 per cent higher salary than Klemmer’s 2023 contract.

851, Skippa13, Jedi Tiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

What a deal:

David Klemmer (Tigers)

Estimated price: $400,000

The Knights are still paying half of Klemmer’s $800,000 salary for this season. At $400,000 for 2023, the Tigers have picked up Klemmer for a steal. Especially considering the Tigers were meant to be paying Zane Musgrove (released to the Dragons) in excess of $500,000 for the next two years.

Klemmer picked up Newcastle’s players’ player award last year, averaging 155 metres per game. That was well ahead of Musgrove’s 89 metres per game on a 25 per cent higher salary than Klemmer’s 2023 contract.

Happy with Klemmer for that price and more than happy for not paying Musgrove that. 

Anyone have an idea about what Klemmer is on after this year?

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

So the latest chatter is that Moses stays at Parra.

This rubbish tennis match must stop soon.

Surely if Mitch has not yet taken up our OVER bloody generous offer then we should stop wasting time and focus our effort on someone who actually wants to play for us and who hasn’t already done a dump on the Club.

I don’t care and No matter what great attributes this guy has that we need ….. let’s just move on.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Luke Brooks has rolled out the red carpet for his old mate Mitchell Moses, urging him to return to Wests Tigers as he considers his future at Parramatta.

Moses took the Eels to their first NRL grand final in more than a decade last year but remains unsigned by the club beyond this season.

He and Brooks were blooded at the Tigers before Moses left for the Eels in 2017, and his old halves partner is keen for them to finish what they started.

"I've spoken to him a couple times and told him what the vibe was like and how much it has changed - I've been selling the place to him," Brooks said from the Tigers' newly-opened $80million centre of excellence on Monday.

"I'm not too sure what his thoughts are, but I think he'd be a great addition to our side and I'd love to play with him again.

"I think when we came in (to the NRL) we were very young.

"We sort of spoke before about how we would like to have a chance to play together again.

"Whether that's now or not, I don't know but hopefully he makes a decision soon, the one that's best for him."

Brooks cut a relaxed figure on Monday and is expected to return from a niggling calf issue in the Tigers' second trial game against Canberra in three weeks' time.

The halfback, who has become a punching bag for the Tigers' recent failures, described the new era under Tim Sheens as a "fresh start".

Brooks has reasons to be cheerful given the forward pack he will be playing behind.

Along with rising stars Shawn Blore and Stefano Utoikamanu, the Tigers have brought in David Klemmer, Api Koroisau, Isaiah Papali'i and Englishman John Bateman, who is set to land in the country in the next fortnight.

Asked if the current set of Tigers forwards was the best he had played with through his 10-year stint with the club, Brooks said: "A hundred per cent. The guys like Stef and Blorey, you forget they kind of missed the whole of last year.

"They're looking strong and fit and then you've got Klemmer and then 'Ice' (Papali'i) and Bateman, who are strike players on each edge.

"Api will be in the middle and be able to bring them on to the ball and really get us going forward.

"Those guys in the pack plus all our young forwards who had a bit of a taste last year who will only benefit our side."

AAP

Russtutty63, hsvjones, Skippa13 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@helmesy promising

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

@helmesy promising

If it happens, it happens. If not, we’ll move on and get something else that could even be better.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

what I got told from a player manager (not moses) is our tigers offer is 300k more than Parramatta 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

what I got told from a player manager (not moses) is our tigers offer is 300k more than Parramatta 

That’s got to be hard to pass up.

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Just thinking about it personally, i earn approx. $100k so if someone’s offered me a similar position for $30k extra I’d probably take it but it isn’t straight away acceptance. In fact, Im not sure id say yes if someone offered me $30k to support the eels for four years.

851, Westy81 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Brooks and Moses are still best mates. 1000% he knows what he’s doing. The fact that they have talked about playing together in the past and the fact that brooks rates Benji is a massive plus (Benji is also great mates still with Moses, Tedesco etc via being golfing buddies).I’m letting myself get excited

This post was modified 2 years ago by TigerTownSFS

851, Jedi Tiger, Black Tiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 449 / 1059
Share: