Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

A five year big money deal for Moses is either great business or a disaster however with where we are at they may as well go for it. 

If it works they looked great and the club is on the up. If it doesn’t we are in the same spot we have been for the last 10 years. I’m a bit apprehensive about it but we really don’t have much to lose. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Really the question of whether or not people want the club to have Moses at the club comes down to whether they want what they believe is best as opposed to what Benji (and Sheens) thinks is best. If, in this case, Benji believes Moses is the type of half who will do the job best under his coaching then isn’t it good if the club goes all out to get him? If Benji believes Moses will give him a better chance to succeed as a coach then isn’t it the right way to go? What we believe in what might or might not be best doesn’t matter because we won’t be judged on the results when he takes over, he will. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

851, Blaze and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @russtutty63

Really the question of whether or not people want the club to have Moses at the club comes down to whether they want what they believe is best or they want what Benji (and Sheens) thinks is best. If, in this case, Benji believes Moses is the type of half who will do the job best under his coaching then isn’t it good if the club goes all out to get him? If Benji believes Moses will give him a better chance to succeed as a coach then isn’t it the right way to go? What we believe in what might or might not be best doesn’t matter because we won’t be judged on the results when he takes over, he will. 

That is correct. If you give a guy a job you have to make sure he has the right tools to succeed (yes, Moses is still a tool 😆 unless he signs with us).

Id rather invest in a guy like Moses that can hit the ground the running than wait for an 18 year old prospect. We need some success/competitiveness now to ensure our young guys come into a good environment and don’t have to shoulder all the load.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, Russtutty63, Tiger5150 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

@helmesy could not agree with you more

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@garry and then there were two…

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@helmesy looks like they’re trying to do both ! Wait for the 16 year old to be ready when he’s 20/21 , with either Moses or brooks next to him for a year . 

it’s always been our biggest issue for why we didn’t sustain success after a couple of good runs . We didn’t have anything resembling a succession plan . 

851, Tiger5150, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

So ‘rumour’ has it that Moses has signed with us and two things are stopping the announcement.

1. Waiting for the new CBA to be signed off

2. Douehi signing with Eels and final details being sorted.

I have no idea how true this is but if Douehi part is true, would that mean MM for 2023?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @cqtiger

So ‘rumour’ has it that Moses has signed with us and two things are stopping the announcement.

I have no idea how true this is but if Douehi part is true, would that mean MM for 2023?

It all makes sense, but at this stage I would say that’s just people putting two and two together.

I’d be doing that trade if it was on the table though. I believe Dylan Brown is expected to be the Eels half moving forward and it would allow Doueihi to play 5/8 and that’s something that I don’t see being a long term proposition here.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I would take that trade all day. Sheens and benji could not have been more vocal in their support for brooks but silence is deafening about their view on douhie. Clearly they are not concerned to make big calls (see Hastings) if they don’t believe the key piece in the puzzle is perfect. Moses and Brooks halves pair for the next 4yrs and then bring the kids through. No use paying douhie 650-900k a year to be a frustrated halve in the centres/lock. Just recruit quality in those positions for less money or leave room for the talented kids in the outside backs or back row.

This post was modified 1 year ago by TigerTownSFS

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Moses will be in at the tigers this week, he has not signed yet.

My confidence that we will sign him is higher than its ever been but it is not over the line yet.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

My confidence that we will sign him is higher than its ever been but it is not over the line yet.

Why would you come in if you weren’t signing? If it was a “thanks but no thanks” a phone call would suffice.

Tigerlily, 851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @garry

Why would you come in if you weren’t signing? If it was a “thanks but no thanks” a phone call would suffice.

I don't think Moses would come in to say no face to face but the club is still unaware of he is signing.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

It all makes sense, but at this stage I would say that’s just people putting two and two together.

I’d be doing that trade if it was on the table though. I believe Dylan Brown is expected to be the Eels half moving forward and it would allow Doueihi to play 5/8 and that’s something that I don’t see being a long term proposition here.

I’d take that trade but if you’re Parramatta no way are you doing that for 2023. They made the Grand Final last year and they would believe they can get there again in 2023 despite losing a few players. If they trade Moses for AD there is no way that happens 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I’d take that trade but if you’re Parramatta no way are you doing that for 2023. They made the Grand Final last year and they would believe they can get there again in 2023 despite losing a few players. If they trade Moses for AD there is no way that happens 

It would be very long odds that Moses is here in 23

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

It would be very long odds that Moses is here in 23

@helmesy - I take that bet Joel.

Would you take $100 @ 100/1 ??

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 448 / 941