Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

I think the Bulldogs signing of Oloapu could be a sign that they either weren’t keen on Moses, or he is committing elsewhere and they went for plan B.

The Moses contract situation is surely going to be put to bed before the start of the season. How can a now two horse race take so long?

I was thinking the same, but the Dogs just seem to keep buying and worry about fitting them in after the fact. it is becoming a joke TBH 

Re Moses, I still hold a little hope because IMO if he was staying surely this would have been done by now so they could increase marketing dollars and memberships etc... 

851, Tiger5150, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @hsvjones

I think the Bulldogs signing of Oloapu could be a sign that they either weren’t keen on Moses, or he is committing elsewhere and they went for plan B.

The Moses contract situation is surely going to be put to bed before the start of the season. How can a now two horse race take so long?

I was thinking the same, but the Dogs just seem to keep buying and worry about fitting them in after the fact. it is becoming a joke TBH 

Re Moses, I still hold a little hope because IMO if he was staying surely this would have been done by now so they could increase marketing dollars and memberships etc... 

I agree, Dylan Brown deal was done ages ago. I think the longer it goes the better the chance he comes.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, Peter A, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@blaze)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Karl Oloapu has signed with the Dogs. $500k transfer fee.

doesnt the 500k come out of the cap?

No. Player doesnt get the money. Its not salary. Same as our transfer fee to Wigan for Bateman.

sorry, I don’t understand this, why wouldn’t it come off their cap if it’s the same competition? I understand from super league to nrl not being included.

if he didn’t have a contract then why is there a need for a transfer fee at all? Is it all a bit suspect to me that’s all. Can someone explain this please?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Who is the giant on the right?

4F6C1ACF 1635 459A A460 235B26F10234

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @blaze

No. Player doesnt get the money. Its not salary. Same as our transfer fee to Wigan for Bateman.

sorry, I don’t understand this, why wouldn’t it come off their cap if it’s the same competition? I understand from super league to nrl not being included.

if he didn’t have a contract then why is there a need for a transfer fee at all? Is it all a bit suspect to me that’s all. Can someone explain this please?

The Tigers received a fee from the Sea Eagles for Josh Aloia, and I think we paid one for Daine Laurie to Penrith.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

The Tigers received a fee from the Sea Eagles for Josh Aloia, and I think we paid one for Daine Laurie to Penrith.

We gave them Paul Momirovski.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Who is the giant on the right?

4F6C1ACF 1635 459A A460 235B26F10234

He was the young guy we recruited from the Knights I think. His name escapes me.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I guess the point I was trying to make was that regardless of whether it sits in the cap or not, dogs have invested significantly in their halves and should be content with their squad without adding Moses. But as if they are out to prove me wrong, I read this morning they are now chasing dom young. At this rate they’re going to have a squad of 67 come round 1.

851, hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

We gave them Paul Momirovski.

Yeah, you might be right about that, I forgot that. I know we offered them a fee, probably good we saved the $50k lol

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @skippa13

I guess the point I was trying to make was that regardless of whether it sits in the cap or not, dogs have invested significantly in their halves and should be content with their squad without adding Moses. But as if they are out to prove me wrong, I read this morning they are now chasing dom young. At this rate they’re going to have a squad of 67 come round 1.

I believe Moses turned the Dogs offer down.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@blaze)
Wests Tigers Supporter

• Posted by: @garry

So those were contracted players and those fees weren’t included in their, or our caps? Just seems odd to me that’s all.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Blaze

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Quite simply, the player never receives a cent of it therefore its not salary. The transfer fee provides no benefit to the player and is not in any way incentive for the player to come to the club. It is an incentive for the other club to release him from his Contract.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tiger5150 if you think about from another perspective , if transfer fees came out the cap , then a fair chunk of change would be off the table to divvy amongst the top 30. No players union would ever agree to that , and most clubs wouldn’t want it because of how it would limit your roster building . 
im sure the auditors would love to have it all included , no one would ever sign the EBA with it in . So it isn’t .

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

@tiger5150 if you think about from another perspective , if transfer fees came out the cap , then a fair chunk of change would be off the table to divvy amongst the top 30. No players union would ever agree to that , and most clubs wouldn’t want it because of how it would limit your roster building . 
im sure the auditors would love to have it all included , no one would ever sign the EBA with it in . So it isn’t .

No. It isnt salary, simple as that. The players dont get the money. Its not rocket surgery.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tiger5150 I’m not disagreeing with you . I’m just offering an alternate view to the same outcome . It’s more to do with the guy who doesn’t understand why it’s not included .

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 446 / 982
Share: