Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @super-coach

A few whispers around that the Moses saga has now swung our way and he may have put pen to paper, but the announcement is being held back on his request.

Seem to change every second day, so would not put to much faith in this one, but the club seem to be playing their cards very close to their chest so you would think the pots still bubbling on this one.

Personally I think he would be a massive signing even given his history with us. Money aside, playing Sheenball and Benjiball must beat Arthurball

It’s sounding promising for sure.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

So you guys believe in Santa,The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy and Fairies at the bottom of the garden?????????? Just checking..........

PS; Ive got this block of land in Sydney Harbour for sale .It use to be a dockyard ,any interest.

The Frog

This post was modified 1 year ago by The Frog

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @the-frog

So you guys believe in Santa,The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy and Fairies at the bottom of the garden?????????? Just checking..........

PS; Ive got this block of land in Sydney Harbour for sale .It use to be a dockyard ,any interest.

The Frog

You’ve lost your accent! Hey, money talks and if we’re the ones with the most 💰 surely we must be a chance?

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

The Frog

Anywhere near Silverdale?

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Wakeman signing official 

72C85E7F A1E9 45CA 9DF3 3C409E7AB3FB

Brandon Wakeham joins Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce that former Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs' halfback, Brandon Wakeham, has joined the club on a one-year deal.

Day one on the job at the Zurich Centre

The 24-year-old has been in and out of first grade at the Bulldogs over the past four seasons, after making in his NRL debut in 2019.

Wakeham played for Fiji at last year’s Rugby League World Cup alongside fellow Wests Tigers recruit Api Koroisau, and also helped take Canterbury to the Grand Final of the 2022 Knock On Effect NSW Cup.

Wakeham in action for Fiji at last year's Rugby League World Cup

Ahead of his first training session with his new teammates on Tuesday, Wakeham said he wants to make the most of this opportunity.

“I’m really excited to be joining Wests Tigers and I can’t wait to get stuck into training,” he said.

“My first impressions of the club have been brilliant.

The Zurich Centre is world class and there is a strong family feel to the club.

Brandon Wakeham none

“I can’t wait to learn off Tim and Benji and all the coaching staff, and I think this move will have a positive impact on me and my game.”

Head coach Tim Sheens believes Wakeham will play an important role in the squad.

“He’s a talented young player and a welcome addition to our club,” said Sheens.

He adds quality and depth in the halves and that’s important for us as a squad.

Tim Sheens none

CEO Justin Pascoe has echoed Sheens’ sentiments.

“On behalf of all of us here at Wests Tigers, I extend a warm welcome to Brandon and his family.

This is a great opportunity for him at what is a very exciting time for our club.

Justin Pascoe none

“This further demonstrates how strategic our recruitment has been in providing depth across the halves.”

Wests Tigers will hold an open training session for club members and fans on Friday, 27th January at the Zurich Centre, Concord. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigerlily

Wakeman signing official 

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce that former Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs' halfback, Brandon Wakeham, has joined the club on a one-year deal.

The 24-year-old has been in and out of first grade at the Bulldogs over the past four seasons, after making in his NRL debut in 2019.

Wakeham played for Fiji at last year’s Rugby League World Cup alongside fellow Wests Tigers recruit Api Koroisau, and also helped take Canterbury to the Grand Final of the 2022 Knock On Effect NSW Cup.

Ahead of his first training session with his new teammates on Tuesday, Wakeham said he wants to make the most of this opportunity.

“I’m really excited to be joining Wests Tigers and I can’t wait to get stuck into training,” he said.

Brandon Wakeham none

“I can’t wait to learn off Tim and Benji and all the coaching staff, and I think this move will have a positive impact on me and my game.”

Head coach Tim Sheens believes Wakeham will play an important role in the squad.

Tim Sheens none

“On behalf of all of us here at Wests Tigers, I extend a warm welcome to Brandon and his family.

This is a great opportunity for him at what is a very exciting time for our club.

Justin Pascoe none

“This further demonstrates how strategic our recruitment has been in providing depth across the halves.”

Wests Tigers will hold an open training session for club members and fans on Friday, 27th January at the Zurich Centre, Concord. 

it really don’t know how to feel about this signing. We need halves depth and this is probably the best we will get but after so many quality signings we have gone back to state cup players. Only 1 year so that’s positive 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

The Frog

"YesVirginiathere is a Santa Claus"

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

At least the club is consistent.  Desperate times calls for desperate measures - Sheens as head NRL coach and Wakeham as a fallback for genuine halves talent.  Spare me.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Wakeman signing official 

Brandon Wakeham none

Tim Sheens none

Justin Pascoe none

Seems to confirm top 30?

Also thought 27th Feb was a members day

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

At least the club is consistent.  Desperate times calls for desperate measures - Sheens as head NRL coach and Wakeham as a fallback for genuine halves talent.  Spare me.

Not feeling too optimistic about things?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Not feeling too optimistic about things?

I think it’s fair to say we are weaker in the halves than this time last year.

If we land Moses that will start to look much better for 2024 but if we don’t………

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Wakeman signing official 

Brandon Wakeham none

Tim Sheens none

Justin Pascoe none

it really don’t know how to feel about this signing. We need halves depth and this is probably the best we will get but after so many quality signings we have gone back to state cup players. Only 1 year so that’s positive 

He's a state cup signing to play state cup. 

Whether he's in the top 30 or not doesn't really matter. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Wakeman signing official 

Brandon Wakeham none

Tim Sheens none

Justin Pascoe none

IMO it matters because by taking the last roster spot it denies us the opportunity to pick up a better credentialled first grader if/when available.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Wakeman signing official 

Brandon Wakeham none

Tim Sheens none

Justin Pascoe none

If we have any injuries in the halves in the first 8 rounds he is in

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@mercy-rule my big call for 2023.... hes a better footy player than Hastings . even game management he goes alright .  he lead that fiji team around with n ot much else in the halves and they went alright .  We will win more games with him in our halves rotation than the knights will with thier full strength side .

ReplyQuote
Page 442 / 947
Share: