Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@cloudyglock hey mate. I’m new here so don’t know who has the inside knowledge but appreciate everyone’s info and thoughts. 

on this one I didn’t get the impression that Jedi was questioning your integrity and it didn’t even cross my mind. Just wanted you to know so you don’t feel bad about it. 

Mate i am here in peace and prosperity.....I appreciate this place and the non adversarial vibe. I have no beef with Jedi or anyone else here nor am I trying to cause trouble.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@cloudyglock mate the media came out and started talking up Sanders when they have an inkling Moses might be leaving, parra looks to hope . 

I didn't accuse you of anything, I wouldn't know who you have spoken to. From what i was told by someone not connected with the Tigers mind you is that Sanders would not be coming to the Tigers. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@cloudyglock apologies if I was having a go at you mate that was not the intention at all

CloudyGlock reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@cloudyglock mate the media came out and started talking up Sanders when they have an inkling Moses might be leaving, parra looks to hope . 

I didn't accuse you of anything, I wouldn't know who you have spoken to. From what i was told by someone not connected with the Tigers mind you is that Sanders would not be coming to the Tigers. 

90% of media content is "journalists" trolling these forums.

75% of quoted statistics are made up.

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @cloudyglock

Question for you mate. Do you know if Moses has made up his mind yet or if we are still a chance with him ?

All gone very quiet   

CloudyGlock reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @hsvjones

Question for you mate. Do you know if Moses has made up his mind yet or if we are still a chance with him ?

All gone very quiet   

The last I heard is that no answer had been given to the tigers yet. This was last week.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, CloudyGlock and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cloudyglock)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @hsvjones

All gone very quiet   

I do not know. Club is a tight ship on this. TBH Garry would have a better grip on this aspect than me.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@russtutty63 yeah I don't know about taafe think he is a good 14, Dean Hawkibs would be the pick of the souths halved but he is contracted 

thinking we could get Herbie cheaper than Crichton 

This is only a guess, as usual, but I think Sheens likes these fullbacks who can play as an extra 6 as Hodgo did a lot of. Hodgo also started as a half before switching to fullback, worked out pretty well too. Moltzen was similar in this respect. We now see Laurie training in the halves as well as fullback. I’d guess Benji also sees it this way. Benji would also have had some knowledge of Taaffe’s skills etc after spending time over at the Bunnies. Maybe they’ll go that way, I don’t know. But I’m pretty sure they’re in big time for a proven 7 and that’s what they want right now. Moses is their target so it seems.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

@russtutty63 yeah I don't know about taafe think he is a good 14, Dean Hawkibs would be the pick of the souths halved but he is contracted 

thinking we could get Herbie cheaper than Crichton 

This is only a guess, as usual, but I think Sheens likes these fullbacks who can play as an extra 6 as Hodgo did a lot of. Hodgo also started as a half before switching to fullback, worked out pretty well too. Moltzen was similar in this respect. We now see Laurie training in the halves as well as fullback. I’d guess Benji also sees it this way. Benji would also have had some knowledge of Taaffe’s skills etc after spending time over at the Bunnies. Maybe they’ll go that way, I don’t know. But I’m pretty sure they’re in big time for a proven 7 and that’s what they want right now. Moses is their target so it seems.

I only mention Taaffe as a possibility as I don’t have a choice. Right now I am hoping Diane Laurie improves under Sheens. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm 52.4758% sure you were being ironic with that last comment? 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@russtutty63 I think we will find Staines is the starting fullback round 1 ,I reckon .

just a hunch . Sheens made a comment to the effect of “ your fullback can be like your out there with 14 men , or he can make you feel like your playing with 12 . 
Defensively , that does not sound like Daine Laurie at all . 
It seems sheens can see our number 2 weakness , outside of the forwards not rolling forward , was kick diffusions near the line . Or poor positioning : either by design (madgeball) or bad reading the play . (I honestly think this is more the reason , sorry Daine) . Too often I saw Daine be involved in a tackle on one side of the field , which was questionable whether he needed to be involved at all , and they would swing the ball for an easy grabber in behind for a try , wheee you’d see Daine somewhere around the goal posts , with a “dammit” look on his face . 
That was good for at least 2 tries a game I reckon . And to be fair when Toa was at the back it was even more diabolical, which is why madgeball has to be at least half the blame . Hope they fix that , because that irritates the absolute crap out of me . 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lestronge

@russtutty63 I think we will find Staines is the starting fullback round 1 ,I reckon .

just a hunch . Sheens made a comment to the effect of “ your fullback can be like your out there with 14 men , or he can make you feel like your playing with 12 . 
It seems sheens can see our number 2 weakness , outside of the forwards not rolling forward , was kick diffusions near the line . Or poor positioning : either by design (madgeball) or bad reading the play . (I honestly think this is more the reason , sorry Daine) . Too often I saw Daine be involved in a tackle on one side of the field , which was questionable whether he needed to be involved at all , and they would swing the ball for an easy grabber in behind for a try , wheee you’d see Daine somewhere around the goal posts , with a “dammit” look on his face . 
That was good for at least 2 tries a game I reckon . And to be fair when Toa was at the back it was even more diabolical, which is why madgeball has to be at least half the blame . Hope they fix that , because that irritates the absolute crap out of me . 

You may well be correct but I still believe the position is open to those two in particular. And I think quite a bit of Daine’s  faults did lie with Madgeball. I also saw a very competitive player become increasingly frustrated with results and his own form at times. I am hoping these areas of his game he will improve upon under Sheens and Benji. 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

You may well be correct but I still believe the position is open to those two in particular. And I think quite a bit of Daine’s  faults did lie with Madgeball. I also saw a very competitive player become increasingly frustrated with results and his own form at times. I am hoping these areas of his game he will improve upon under Sheens and Benji. 

I think Laurie will have a great year this year. Seems to me that he needs a lot of individual coaching but I do get the feeling that he is very coachable and with Benji's comments about having a folder for each player (hopefully not just lip service), I think he will get what he needs. Doesn't seem like a big head and wants to succeed. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Daine defending in the line was a strategy decision and one that won't continue this year.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

The Last Ronin, 851, Tiger5150 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Tim Sheens has signed yet another forward as his overhaul of the Tigers top 30 continues after taking the reigns ahead of the 2023 season.

The master coach has already signed the likes of Apisai Koroisau, Isaiah Papali’i, David Klemmer and John Bateman — and has now set his sights on a Manly young gun.

James Roumanos, 23, has reportedly signed with the merger club according to WWOS and will ply his trade for the Western Suburbs magpies in the NSW Cup.

Roumanos made his NRL debut last season and has only featured in first grade once.

The middle forward was a member of the Bulldogs 2021 NRL squad before making the move to Manly ahead of the 2022 season.

Roumanos has previously represented Australia as a schoolboy and was an impressive performer for Lebanon at the World Cup late last year.

Fox Sports

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 437 / 1066
Share: