Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @russtutty63

Anyone know what kind of money Williams is in at Warrington? Guessing NRL clubs like the Tigers could offer 1.2 mill a season for 2 or 3 years. I’m assuming it’s quite a deal more he could make over there.

IMO $1.2M is way too much for Williams, based on his stint at Raiders. Good player and a good plan B if we dont get Moses, but not on that money. The salary cap  (minus 2 marquees per Club) is less than AUD$4M. I think people overestimate what pommy players get.

They have 2 marquee spots which are unlimited and sit outside the cap.

Warrington have one of the richest owners. 

But doubt Williams is anywhere close to 1m. Id say 600-700k at the most.

Top 8 2023

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Funny, no announcement from the Eels today - if it was true they’d be falling over themselves trying to get it out there, even leaking it to a journalist.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Funny, no announcement from the Eels today - if it was true they’d be falling over themselves trying to get it out there, even leaking it to a journalist.

Maybe they are the source for the tweet lol.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

Maybe they are the source for the tweet lol.

Maybe it was Lee 😆

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast With the increase in the salary cap over here a 3 year deal could set him up pretty well but I don't know enough in regards to his current circumstances over there. And as Declan notes Warrington could block any potential move but it obviously wouldn't be a position they'd like to be put in.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

If we do sign an organising half can you imagine a Bateman / Doueihi or iPap / Douehi combo running at defensive lines near the try line, especially with Api scheming around sucking in defenders and maybe Staines chiming in as well at speed.

LoganR21, Joel Helmes, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

@avocadoontoast With the increase in the salary cap over here a 3 year deal could set him up pretty well but I don't know enough in regards to his current circumstances over there. And as Declan notes Warrington could block any potential move but it obviously wouldn't be a position they'd like to be put in.

I think the key point is that if Moses doesn’t come there is going to have to be a plan B. I just don’t see Brooks/Doueihi being a Sheens/Marshall style halves combo. If we miss him, something else will be in the works.

Forever 9th, Tiger5150, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I think the key point is that if Moses doesn’t come there is going to have to be a plan B. I just don’t see Brooks/Doueihi being a Sheens/Marshall style halves combo. If we miss him, something else will be in the works.

• Agreed

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@frullens I was thinking something similar, maybe 500,000 pounds or about $800,000. If that’s the case then you’d think earning about a million dollars more over 3 years in the NRL would be very tempting.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

My horse Mister Hemsworth is racing at Wyong Saturday in Race 6, ran third last start. 

Trainer was tossing up 1600m or 1350m, horse probably needs 1600m but wanted to maintain the second up prep and step up at 1350m

Should handle any give in the ground has raced on wet tracks in England before.

Trainer pretty confident again of each way

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

My horse Mister Hemsworth is racing at Wyong Saturday in Race 6, ran third last start. 

Trainer was tossing up 1600m or 1350m, horse probably needs 1600m but wanted to maintain the second up prep and step up at 1350m

Should handle any give in the ground has raced on wet tracks in England before.

Trainer pretty confident again of each way

I thought you would have named him Mister Brooks

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast haha, happy to stick with Brooks the player not name a nag after him too  

In England we named him Hemsworth but when we brought him out here there already was a Hemsworth racing so we had to add the Mister. 

Had a good one a few years ago called Fuhryk named after Jim Fuhryk the golfer, she won about 750k in prizemoney and just got beaten in a million dollar race in perth. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast I was going to call the horse Mr Hastings but I thought I might Quit on me after a year

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast I was going to call the horse Mr Hastings but I thought I might Quit on me after a year

And you would need a big social media budget for it too.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@jedi-tiger My mother and I’ve got a micro-share (woohoo!!) in a 2 year old filly, Firebolt, trained by Annabel Neasham. No chance of making much money out of it but seeing as we both enjoy watching the races and it’s highly unlikely we’ll ever be able to afford greater shares we did this. A bit of a thrill for Mum, who’s 85 and in Aged Care. Good trainer by the way.

LoganR21 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 417 / 947
Share: