Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@cloudyglock signed until 2025 isn't he ? seems pretty strange they don't want a transfer fee

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@cloudyglock signed until 2025 isn't he ? seems pretty strange they don't want a transfer fee

He doesn’t play for them 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@russtutty63 if you were Wigan and the way the Bateman saga turned out they are filthy

I would say we are absolutely No chance of getting George Williams early, but he would be a good pick up if we miss Moses 

Williams doesn't play for Wigan.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Anyone know what kind of money Williams is in at Warrington? Guessing NRL clubs like the Tigers could offer 1.2 mill a season for 2 or 3 years. I’m assuming it’s quite a deal more he could make over there.

ReplyQuote
(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

Have said from day one Moses will stay at Parra and nothing I have read or heard has changed my mind. I think Moses might have signed if our offer blew all others out of the water, but my gut feeling is Parra will get close enough for him to put pen to paper. He would have been a great pick up for us, but you move on and target plan B.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry sorry lol just realised he doesn't my bad he played for Wigan 2013 to 2019 prior to going to canberra

Garry and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 British Pounds

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@jedi-tiger Indeed but how many? I doubt very much he’d ask for a release early from his contract which ends after 2024 but you never know. Plenty of permutations if miss out on Moses e.g. could the club stick with what they have? Do they look at someone like Croft who could be on the improve? Do they look at RTS or Farnworth? Guess we have to wait and see what happens with Moses? If he signs then things settle a bit at our club.

LoganR21 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

@jedi-tiger Indeed but how many? I doubt very much he’d ask for a release early from his contract which ends after 2024 but you never know. Plenty of permutations if miss out on Moses e.g. could the club stick with what they have? Do they look at someone like Croft who could be on the improve? Do they look at RTS or Farnworth? Guess we have to wait and see what happens with Moses? If he signs then things settle a bit at our club.

If I was Williams i'd be pretty keen on joining WT. Warrington are absolutely hopeless. He gets to play here under a great coach and with a good forward pack.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 I kind of think if we miss out on Moses we go for Williams

If we dont get Williams we then go for Farnworth or RTS to play fullback

We then play Brooks at 7 and Douihie or Laurie at 6 

I am not keen on Brody Croft as a 7

With our pack and a good fullback we can make it work.

Take Canberra as an example I don't rate Aidan Seizer as a 7 and he with the help of a good pack of forwards and fullback along with a good player at 6 made a GF. 

If we had a good ball playing lock I would lean towards 7. Brooks 6. Laurie but not sure if any locks out there fit that bill 

Still think we will get Moses though

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@jedi-tiger The things that could tip it in our favour regarding Moses are 1) Money & security (that’s the big one).

2) the fact Benji spoke to him some months ago wanting him to coach him not long after the new coaching structure was announced.

3) the Lebanese connection, although not a strong reason, certainly not as strong as the first 2 reasons, knowing Robbie & Doueihi might help a little. Doubt Doueihi has said much but Robbie might’ve.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Anyone know what kind of money Williams is in at Warrington? Guessing NRL clubs like the Tigers could offer 1.2 mill a season for 2 or 3 years. I’m assuming it’s quite a deal more he could make over there.

IMO $1.2M is way too much for Williams, based on his stint at Raiders. Good player and a good plan B if we dont get Moses, but not on that money. The salary cap  (minus 2 marquees per Club) is less than AUD$4M. I think people overestimate what pommy players get.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@jedi-tiger The things that could tip it in our favour regarding Moses are 1) Money & security (that’s the big one).

2) the fact Benji spoke to him some months ago wanting him to coach him not long after the new coaching structure was announced.

3) the Lebanese connection, although not a strong reason, certainly not as strong as the first 2 reasons, knowing Robbie & Doueihi might help a little. Doubt Doueihi has said much but Robbie might’ve.

IMO if Moses joins he will take AD's spot and Im not sure AD would be encouraging that.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

I think the thing that is being understated with Williams is that all the clubs that went for Moses and missed out will turn their attention to getting him so it doesn’t seem to be a guarantee that we will sign him. Warrington could also block the whole process. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Declan McCutcheon

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@russtutty63 As tiger5150 has said I think if Moses does come to club it moves Douihie out of the halves

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 416 / 934
Share: