Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Wests Tigers, according to one rival NRL coach, would be chasing a quality centre although the club recently retained Brent Naden.

This made me laugh. Effectively saying "a rival NRL coach doesn't rate any of the Tigers centres"

A fair point tbh. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 Will Smith is probably a good utility to have on the bench can cover the halves abd play some 9 if need be. 

Parramatta probably wishes they had him in 2022 rather than Arthur on the bench 

I disagree. The guy is a career reserve grader. He shouldn't be in our 17 unless there's been a pretty catastrophic injury toll.

Yeh, a Sheens signing. Has there been another?? In stark contrast to Api and Paps signing with Maguire at the helm. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@tiger5150 Will Smith is probably a good utility to have on the bench can cover the halves abd play some 9 if need be. 

I disagree. The guy is a career reserve grader. He shouldn't be in our 17 unless there's been a pretty catastrophic injury toll.

Yeh, a Sheens signing. Has there been another?? In stark contrast to Api and Paps signing with Maguire at the helm. 

Klemmer was signed under Sheens as Head Coach.

Api & Papali'i were signed under Sheens as Head of Football Performance.

hsvjones and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast suggest you go back and review the output we got from the marquee players Cleary signed. Matulino was broken, Reynolds was playing loverboy with a scammer on IG, Packer mailed it in and mbye was well Mbollocks..

This post was modified 2 years ago by BrooksCoin

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Api and Paps were after Sheens was appointed head of football. Staines, Klemmer, possibly Bateman since he took coaching role.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @brookscoin

@avocadoontoast suggest you go back and review the output we got from the marquee players Cleary signed. Matulino was broken, Reynolds was playing loverboy with a scammer on IG, Packer mailed it in and mbye was well Mbollocks..

Matulino and Packer were both good in 2018, and Mbye was pretty much our best player in 2018 after joining mid way through the season. Madge couldn’t get the same out of them because he had no idea what he was doing.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertragic56)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast that’s why IP said he had signed to be coached by Madge, Sheens 🙄

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Thought I would just take some time out from the topic at hand and wish everyone a very merry Christmas.

Also all the best in all you do and safe and healthy 2023 New Year.

Hopefully better times ahead for all us long suffering WT fans.

Skippa13, 851, Mac_Tiger and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

Thought I would just take some time out from the topic at hand and wish everyone a very merry Christmas.

Thank you, and same to you and yours 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

Thanks Momo and a very happy Christmas and New Year to you too!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

New signings’: Sheens says returning Tigers duo like fresh recruits​

For all the excitement surrounding the arrival of Isaiah Papali’i, Api Koroisau and David Klemmer, Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens says you can’t under-estimate the importance of the club’s “other two signings”.

Tommy Talau and Shawn Blore missed all of last season because of injury, and Sheens can’t wait to welcome the return of the 22-year-old pair.

“They are great ‘signings’ for us - they didn’t play a game last season, and coming back from knee injuries is a real bonus,” Sheens told the Herald.

“To say we missed them is an understatement. “They’re two good characters, and I’m really looking forward to working with them. All things being equal you find a spot for both of them in your 17 if not your 13.”

There was so much hype surrounding Talau that he was used as one of the faces of an NRL campaign a few years ago, while Blore became an instant cult hero when he called out Parramatta’s Nathan Brown during his NRL debut during the 2020 season.

Talau ruptured his left ACL in the final round of 2021 - he also suffered a tear in his meniscus and bone fractures to the same knee - and spent the year getting to know Blore while in the rehabilitation group together.

The Tigers banked on their promise by offering the pair contract extensions - Blore until 2024, Talau until the end of 2023 - and the youngsters can not wait to repay the faith.

Back-rower Blore said: “Tim is right, we basically are new recruits when you think we haven’t played in 18 months.

“It’s been a rough couple of years. I’m unproven, I haven’t done anything in the league so far, and for the club to show me that faith and give me a contract extension, it’s really motivating, and I feel like I’ve got a debt to repay.

“They’ve given me the best physios, the best treatment, we’ve got the best facility, I’m in the position to repay that faith, and all I honestly want to do is stay on the park and prove I am worth the contract.”

Blore has undergone extensive conditioning work and will rejoin the main group in the new year.

Talau, who played alongside incoming coach Benji Marshall, said he was also thankful to have his own deal stretched out, and wanted to make an immediate impact.

Sheens said he always liked players capable of playing more than one position, and viewed Blore as someone capable of handling the edge and middle, while Talau, who has spent most of the summer at right centre, was another edge option.

The Tigers return in the new year, with English international John Bateman likely to join them in time for Sheens’ second coming in charge.

SMH

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The National Rugby League (NRL) is excited to announce the NRL and NRLW salary cap for season 2023 at a new record-breaking level for both male and female players.

The 2023 NRL Premiership salary cap will increase to $12.1m in 2023 from $9.6m in 2022, a 25% increase.

The cap for top 30 players will increase to a historic high of $11.45 million, a 22% increase from the 2022 salary cap.

The development list will increase from $240,000 to $650,000, capturing the relevant development player payments.

The 2023 NRL Women’s Premiership’s salary cap will increase by 153% to $884,000. 

To ensure players share in this unprecedented increase, the NRL has announced that the minimum salary for all male players in a club’s top 30 NRL squad will grow to $120,000.

As a result of today’s announcement, players who have the standard form ratchet clause in their playing contract will receive an 18% increase to their playing fee, with the increase to be effective from 1 November, resulting in a well-timed year-end bonus. 

With the welcome addition of the Dolphins to the NRL Premiership and the NRLW Premiership expanding to a 10-team competition with the inclusion of the Cronulla Sharks, North Queensland Cowboys, Canberra Raiders and Wests Tigers, more elite players will be part of the rugby league family than ever before and will share in these significant pay increases.

Whilst the RLPA and NRL continue negotiations, the parties had extended the current amended CBA. 

The above increases will be in addition to the players’ entitlements under the current amended CBA while the parties continue negotiations in good faith.

NRL

Let the signing announcements begin!!

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Interesting times ahead

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Jimmy Smith SEN reporting at 14:50

John Bateman 4 year deal to Tigers, assuming fourth year is club option 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote