[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@851 welcome

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast so you're banking on some Sheens magic dust to waft over the Tigers and bring glory through re-educating Luke Brooks? Why haven't those same Sheens systems worked for him in, say, the last 12 years??

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@avocadoontoast so you're banking on some Sheens magic dust to waft over the Tigers and bring glory through re-educating Luke Brooks? Why haven't those same Sheens systems worked for him in, say, the last 12 years??

not banking on, but hoping. I’m not too worried about the last 10 years, sometimes coaches and clubs don’t gel. He failed at NQ before joining us in 03.

He’s one of the best coaches of all time and what he’s done already in terms of roster management is very impressive.

Skippa13, Joel Helmes, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I must admit I wasn’t as tigers obsessed as I am today about how the club operates but why do some hate sheens so much. We played deep into the finals in 2010 and 2011 and then had a disappointing 2012 and they sacked him. Then a generational 1, 6 and 7 emerge the next year (which presumably he nurtured) and we lose them because the club is a basket case. In my view he has made excellent decisions the last 12 months and he has finally got the press off our back. 

Tiger_Alex, Buttface, Skippa13 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@helmesy 

Reverend Helmut. There's only so much an Exorcism can do and I very much doubt that it would work. However, 1000 lashes, well thats worth a look. 

The Mighty Frog

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Matty Peet says there has been constant communication between Wigan Warriors and John Bateman.

The 29-year-old was linked with a move to Wests Tigers last month, but his current club revealed they had received no official approach from the NRL side.

Peet states the situation hasn’t changed, with Bateman currently enjoying an off-season break after representing England at the recent Rugby League World Cup.

He said: “We’ve spoken to John. He’s on holiday at the moment, but there’s constant communication.

"There’s no news yet. As far as I’m aware, I don’t think anything has changed.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-league/wigan-warriors-matty-peet-discusses-the-rumours-linking-john-bateman-with-an-nrl-return-3938545?amp

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@buttface)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tigertownsfs imagine if those same players had come into nrl with a stable environment and Sheens as coach. Instead since he was sacked it’s been a long period of pain. Coincidence maybe but I reckon it was pivotal in our slow motion sink to the spoon.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @buttface

@tigertownsfs imagine if those same players had come into nrl with a stable environment and Sheens as coach. Instead since he was sacked it’s been a long period of pain. Coincidence maybe but I reckon it was pivotal in our slow motion sink to the spoon.

its an interesting alternative history. In the end there was a lot wrong with the club other than sheens (wests vs Balmain etc, amateur management) so ultimately sheens probably gets the bullet a few years later. Also Benji and Robbie were not happy at that time and they wanted huge dollars that would have killed the cap and we will have likely lost some of the golden generation anyway. Would we have had better results? I think so. Would we have hit rock bottom and rebuilt the club from the bottom up? I’m not so sure. I’m very happy with how it’s played out over the last 12 months and I’m glad we have Benji and sheens and not ciraldo. I can see they are trying to rebuild a tigers culture circa 2010 rather than import a Penrith culture and I’m ok with that. It it succeeds it will truly be the making of this club

Salty, Buttface, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

in the UK ? Because UK footy players are not very skill full as a general rule . Sorry ! There’s a reason a fair chunk of thier halves are reserve grade NRL players . 

Also a big reason is how in the 2010s wrestling dominated the game so the only way to score tries was off kicks and block plays . 
sheens game is based around skillfull hands quick play the balls , speed , offloads and intangibles . 
that’s why people don’t agree with you Z 

because the footy played in 2015 is about as close to the one played in 2022 , as 1950 is to 1993 . 

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@lestronge Sorry but, to me that reads as clear as mud.

As far as I remember some of the most skilful and tough hombres that came to play in OZ RL came from England.

Thats recently not been the case somewhat due to lack of quality in ESL.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@momo-amp-medo my phone does crazy auto correct at times and makes it unintelligible . Sorry. 
I was just saying that I think the reason he failed in the UK SL is less because he has NFI , but more because the game moved to wrestling from 2012 , and the fact there’s a dearth of attacking footy players in the UK. The big reason for this which I didn’t mention , is how touch and  oztag is so popular down here . 
and if you’ve played both of those ,especially touch , quick hands moving defence around in limited space , counting numbers and overlaps both out wide and around the ruck , are the only ways to score . 
It’s a big reason the skill level has gone up and up , especially in traditionally more power based finisher type positions like centre and wingers . And in the halves as well . 
None of this is about kicking, agility , toughness which is where the English game and thier players as a rule , are  superior to us . 
It’s purely about the ball in hand.
Sheens is all about what I just said . 
I Hope this is more readable . Sorry about the last one .

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@lestronge thanks

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Battle of Hastings: Real reasons Tigers let halfback leave

SMH Danny Weidler 

4 Dec 2022

The mystery behind the hurried exit of fan favourite Jackson Hastings can be put down to some petty and seemingly innocuous differences with new Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens.
After trying for a year to sign Luke Brooks and failing, the Knights turned their attention to Hastings – and the Tigers offered little if any resistance. Today we can explain why they were willing to let a star player go. We already knew of the club’s interest in Mitchell Moses, but there is more to the Hastings exit, which not all Tigers faithful will find palatable.

Jackson Hastings has been granted a release from the Tigers to join the Knights.Credit:Getty
Some at the Tigers are spreading the word that Hastings was hard to handle, but the issues he was having seem to be minor at best. The Tigers have copped plenty of flak for allowing Hastings – a quality performer last season – to leave the club after just one year and join Newcastle. Former Origin prop David Klemmer moved in the other direction at the same time.
On the surface, the problems appeared to start for Hastings when Sheens wanted him moved from halfback – the position the Knights have signed him to play. He was shifted to the No.13 role and, while Hastings was prepared to play anywhere, it’s not his preferred option. But there was more to his falling out with the club than that.

Hastings also showed strong support for former coach Michael Maguire after he was dumped by the Tigers in June, and that put noses out of joint.
Behind the scenes, Hastings also failed to fill in a welfare form that the club required its players to complete. That was held against him by some. It was viewed as an act of defiance. But it seems quite petty when other players can be involved in incidents that grab headlines and they are kept on.
Sources with knowledge of the situation also say the Tigers were upset with Hastings’ use of social media to track his rehabilitation from a broken ankle and syndesmosis injury, which ended his 2022 season. He was posting training and recovery updates, which fans lapped up, which old heads at the club frowned upon. Itwould appear to be a veryold-fashioned attitude fromthe club.
Sheens did not respond when asked for comment about the reasons for Hastings’ exit.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

No anything new Hastings wanted to play 7 Sheens didn't want it to happen, end of discussion 

The journo's are such flogs

851, Russtutty63, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jedi-tiger  so Hastings was petulant and refused to follow general club expectations in regards to social media , and general things like paperwork etc. 

I mean is this really surprising ? We all saw the social media content , passive aggressive swipes at the club, inuendo , photos that revealed other players programs etc. 

To me , I said this before he was released , he reminds of guys at work who talk about team this , team that , coming together in front of the bosses , but as soon as soon as he’s got some shade on him , he’s refusing to help, talking garbage about people , always busy, and whilst not doing anything in particular you could ever put your finger and say “this is the reason I don’t like him “ , he’s generally a bit of a dickhead. And you can’t quite work out why you think that . 

Joel Helmes, Avo, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 370 / 1062
Share: