Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@spartan117 AD is not a 6 too slow, if he could tackle he would be a 13

Brooks as Avo has said fits Sheens style of play fast and speed related, Hastings also did not fit that vision of a half that Sheens prefers. 

Brooks and Moses will combine well together,let Brooks just chime in and let Moses run the show. Brooks as a 6 is not only faster than AD but a better tackler too. 

As for AD to Dogs, playing some 3d chess but maybe flannagan to Parramatta or also rumoured Manly were talking with him too at one point last month. Flannagan moves on and a spot at dogs for AD to play 1 or 7 perhaps 

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@spartan117 AD is not a 6 too slow, if he could tackle he would be a 13

Brooks as Avo has said fits Sheens style of play fast and speed related, Hastings also did not fit that vision of a half that Sheens prefers. 

Brooks and Moses will combine well together,let Brooks just chime in and let Moses run the show. Brooks as a 6 is not only faster than AD but a better tackler too. 

As for AD to Dogs, playing some 3d chess but maybe flannagan to Parramatta or also rumoured Manly were talking with him too at one point last month. Flannagan moves on and a spot at dogs for AD to play 1 or 7 perhaps 

No doubt this is why South let him go without much fuss in the first place as he didn’t fit into their system either, so basically Doueihi is a Jack of all trades and a master of none.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigerlily Not quiet a fb, not a out and out 6, not a lock due to defensive issues, is he a centre? maybe but for 500k not what he wants though. 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

@avocadoontoast no if you listen again Bishop is saying the delay in Bateman is that he has the same manager as Mitchell Moses. 

Maybe Moses will ask parramatta for a release in 2023 ? 

We would need to free up a spot for Bateman and Moses for 2023 so maybe AD moves on to Dogs or something?

Surely there can’t be space at the Bulldogs for Doueihi?

I can’t see any circumstances really where the Eels would entertain an immediate release for Moses - their fans would revolt and it looks like a lot of them are sick of Arthur already.

I think the dominos will fall in this order

1. NRL comes to an agreement on the salary cap for 2023 (next meeting is tomorrow between Clint Newton and V'Landys)

2. Tigers register Bateman contract once cap is confirmed

3. Brooks agrees to a Chris Lawrence style re-structure of his contract but he can't do that until he knows what the salary cap is.

4. Once Brooks agrees to restructure of contract Tigers suddenly have cap space and room for Moses to join in 2024.

The talk about Moses joining in 2023 probably stems from the fact that once Brooks agrees to restructure his contract, WT will have a decent amount of cap space available to spend on a final player for the Top 30. A fair chunk of the $1m plus we were going to pay to Brooks could be offered to Moses for '23.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

@tigerlily Not quiet a fb, not a out and out 6, not a lock due to defensive issues, is he a centre? maybe but for 500k not what he wants though. 

Not a centre either Jedi as I understand it the centre position is one of the harder positions to defend. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigerlily it is but his awkward running style out wide can suit if it needs to in 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Douhie to dogs makes no sense to me. Burton is basically just a better version of douhie, you can’t play two 5/8ths and neither is a 7.

defensive issues I presume are easily enough fixed with technique, training and attitude. Speed is something that is natural. It appears we are all in on Moses/brooks for ‘24 at least so that either leaves Douhie at another club chasing his dreams at 6 or he rebuilds himself as a lock or centre, both positions that we have room in. Gut instinct, he leaves to chase the #6 in 2024

Forever 9th and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Douhie to dogs makes no sense to me. Burton is basically just a better version of douhie, you can’t play two 5/8ths and neither is a 7.

defensive issues I presume are easily enough fixed with technique, training and attitude. Speed is something that is natural. It appears we are all in on Moses/brooks for ‘24 at least so that either leaves Douhie at another club chasing his dreams at 6 or he rebuilds himself as a lock or centre, both positions that we have room in. Gut instinct, he leaves to chase the #6 in 2024

I just don’t know which club is going to give him that opportunity. Most clubs seem well covered there, except the Eels if Moses goes, but that would be presuming he or Brown could play halfback.

if we do announce Moses as a 2024 signing I think that would mean no more Doueihi.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Forever 9th reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I just don’t know which club is going to give him that opportunity. Most clubs seem well covered there, except the Eels if Moses goes, but that would be presuming he or Brown could play halfback.

if we do announce Moses as a 2024 signing I think that would mean no more Doueihi.

or hopefully it means Douhie puts his head down and becomes and elite centre or lock at Wests.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

or hopefully it means Douhie puts his head down and becomes and elite centre or lock at Wests.

Not sure his ego will allow that to happen - he seems pretty adamant about 6.

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@helmesy He does seem set on the 6 jumper, but maybe when he sees the caliber of players we have coming in, it dawns on him the club could really challenge the big boys and it might be worth staying and getting success here

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @851

@helmesy He does seem set on the 6 jumper, but maybe when he sees the caliber of players we have coming in, it dawns on him the club could really challenge the big boys and it might be worth staying and getting success here

Welcome to the forum mate, I would love for AD to focus on becoming the best centre he can, especially if we have someone like Moses join the club.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @851

Welcome to the forum mate, I would love for AD to focus on becoming the best centre he can, especially if we have someone like Moses join the club.

Yes, welcome 👍

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I think the best of Adam Doueihi is yet to come, whether that’s at the Tigers or not who knows. But he’s only 24, a young man still, played only 80 games disrupted by injury, positional changes and a change of clubs a few years ago. His time at Wests Tigers hasn’t been great but difficult to show his best due to injuries and playing in a team that, well, let’s be honest, has had a tendency to make good players look ordinary at times. That’s no excuse for a few of Adam’s efforts but he’s obviously a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and I think he didn’t handle a few things as well as he should’ve. But he’s big, strong, athletic, has a good pass and kicks ok. His next five or six seasons could well be his best but it depends on him more than anything else you’d think.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

The one big positive I get out of all the signings and rumours of signings is that there is now genuine competition for positions in the team. That can only be a good thing, everyone has to be doing their best to survive… Except Brooks of course, he seems to have a gold pass… lol

Enumerator, 851, Avo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 368 / 1062
Share: