Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry still some common sense with players perhaps, we left Brooks off the calendar as who knows they thought he might leave.... but kept the likes of Gildart and Peachey who hardly played a game 

They should make an adults only version with Brooksy as the centrefold just for you Jedi.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @snake

@helmesy Via Disneyland and Universal studios ? Then to Sydney’s newest amusement venue Concord oval 👍

Glad he went to LA first. Disneyland and Universal Studios would have been a big let down after immersing himself in the Wests Tigers Zurich-Pascoe Centre of Excellence.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@jedi-tiger You aren't listening man, Tigers don't choose what goes into the calendars. "We" didn't do anything, it's set up by the NRL and their merchandise partners months ago.

Look at any other recruiting club calendar 2023, they also have players who have already moved on. E.g. Dogs calendar has Josh Jackson who just retired, Aaron Schoupp just traded to Titans, and Brandon Wakeham who doesn't appear to have a Top 30 contract any more.

3b66cf25beafc3ce50d546abf7381064 800x

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Michelle Bishop SEN

The Wests Tigers have all but secured English international John Bateman for the 2023 season but SEN’s Michelle Bishop has revealed the deal has yet to be confirmed as the club believes it can also acquire Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses.

Moses began his career at the Tigers in 2014 and after 67 matches with the club and subsequently moved to Parramatta midway through 2017 season. The 28-year-old is off contract at the end of the 2023 season and is available to be signed for the 2024 season

Bishop said that the Tigers are holding out on signing Bateman until they know more details around the salary cap and evaluate whether making a bid on Moses is possible.

“The Wests Tigers have actually agreed to pay Bateman’s transfer fee from the UK. That’s all happening,” Bishop said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“The Mitchell Moses situation could be the thing that’s holding it up.

“The Tigers are going all guns blazing and they actually want Moses for 2023.

“They need to leave some cash in the cap for that to become a reality.

“Both Bateman and Moses share the same player manager, so they clearly hold the trump card in this one.

“Nervous times for Eels fans.”

Bishop said that it was “wishful thinking” on the Tigers part but commended the club for aggressively pursuing star players.

David Riccio DT

The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio said that Moses will see out the final year of his contract at the Eels but is long odds to remain at the club beyond the 2023 season.

“I received a call (from a source) that suggested there is no way in the world that Mitchell Moses will be there (at the Eels) in 2024,” Riccio said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“If I’m a betting man, I don’t believe that Mitchell Moses will be there in 2024.

“How the Eels try to juggle Dylan Brown, Mitchell Moses, Clint Gutherson, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Junior Paulo, Josh Hodgson and Ryan Matterson into a salary cap is going to be a struggle.

“Parramatta have put a significant four-year package together for Mitch but I don’t think it’s going to be in the vicinity of what rival clubs like the Bulldogs and Tigers will be able to put together.

“I can tell you that Parramatta officials are nervous.

“They are nervous about where this is going to go.”

NB: Two of the same muppets that said Brooks would be going to Newcastle too, so who knows

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast lol 

Still plenty of Hastings Newcastle Number 7 jerseys for sale heard they are selling like hotcakes, maybe go and buy one 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@jirskyr well the dogs are just as stupid then

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@avocadoontoast 

Bonjour, Mr Avo (what sort of stupid name is Avo?) Your comment re Mr Brookes is in poor taste. May I suggest the next calendar have the 12 Chief Executives we have had. Must better, Yes? 

Regards The Frog....(good name, yes?)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @the-frog

@avocadoontoast 

Bonjour, Mr Avo (what sort of stupid name is Avo?) Your comment re Mr Brookes is in poor taste. May I suggest the next calendar have the 12 Chief Executives we have had. Must better, Yes? 

Regards The Frog....(good name, yes?)

Bonjour Monsieur Frog,

I'd prefer a calendar of just Pascoe in various parts of the CoE. Ooh la la!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@jedi-tiger why is Bateman and Moses linked. So if we get Bateman we can't afford Moses?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

We are now reportedly looking at Moses for 2023, not that Parramatta would let him go. 

Could we end up giving them Brooks, or Douhie perhaps for a 2023 release.

Mind you all reported by Michelle Bishop on SEN so who knows...

Alexander or Voss was saying it is the same manager for both Moses and Bateman and the delay in Bateman is trying to work out a Moses deal

i think a Moses brooks swap is extremely low likelihood. If anything brooks is the draw for Moses to come. I can see douhie to eels but that leaves them without a recognised 7 (Arthurs not your traditional organising 7) and brown is a 6. Seems impossible to imagine eels would give up Moses a year early.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast There linked because it’s lazy Journalism, these guys have no idea the club could sign both .. it will not be all about money for Moses whether he stays at Parra or not ! He will be on a good wicket either way. .

This post was modified 2 years ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast Bishop is confused, Bateman done deal. The Nathan Brown deal is the one on hold and dont be surprised if its a swap AD for Moses.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @forever-9th

@avocadoontoast Bishop is confused, Bateman done deal. The Nathan Brown deal is the one on hold and dont be surprised if its a swap AD for Moses.

That makes sense re: Brown being on hold. You'd think we'd struggle to fit everyone under the cap.

Swapping AD for Moses would be one of the greatest trades ever. If we're trying to get him for '23, does that mean we pretty much definitely have him for '24? That's the assumption i'm making, albeit optimistically.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast they are saying same manager etc ? Tigers are interested in 2023.

we have Bateman for 2023 apparently 

ReplyQuote
Page 365 / 972
Share: