Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

I’d say there will be an announcement pretty soon that WTs have signed Bateman seeing as he and his oldest daughter are on an 11hr flight going somewhere unknown which he posted on instagram.

Hopefully it will be at destination Concord.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigerlily

I’d say there will be an announcement pretty soon that WTs have signed Bateman seeing as he and his oldest daughter are on an 11hr flight going somewhere unknown which he posted on instagram.

Seems a pretty safe bet that he’s Concord bound 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @helmesy

In saying that, you would think Wigan would be issuing a statement soon.

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Or off on holiday. Australia is a lot more than 11hrs away from the UK.

LoganR21 and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Mitchell Moses is rated only a 50-50 chance of staying at Parramatta with increasing fears the star halfback will sign with a rival club.

The Eels chief playmaker is off-contract at the end of next season and is on the precipice of signing what is likely to be the last major contract of his career.

The outstanding halfback is eyeing a four-year deal from 2024, worth in excess of $950,000 per-season, which would take him until the age of 33.

Parramatta have submitted what they believe is a significant four-year package, however, well-placed figures across the game believe that both the Wests Tigers and Bulldogs are preparing offers that could blow the Eels out of the water.

The Eels are holding out hope Moses will re-sign amid a battle to retain rising star Dylan Brown, which is a delicate process that leaves little wiggle room in a salary cap that beyond 2023, is yet to be determined by the NRL.

Interestingly, Moses has a player option in his favour with the Eels for 2024, which means he doesn’t have to tell the club of his future plans until round 10 next year.

Yet the longer Moses delays his decision, the more difficult it becomes for the Eels, or any other club, to form a back-up plan.

It’s why the Eels are eager to learn if the influential half will re-sign long-term and continue the club’s push for a premiership.

The Eels are adamant they are yet to receive correspondence informing them of Moses’ intention to leave the club.

It’s considered that Moses is at best, a 50-50 chance of staying in the blue and gold.

The Bulldogs have 13 players off-contract at the end of 2023, including starting halfback Kyle Flanagan, while former Parramatta hooker Reed Mahoney is about to commence his career at Belmore.

The possibility of Moses returning to the Tigers, after leaving the club in acrimonious circumstances 2017, would develop into one of the game’s great stories.

Moses’ strong relationship with Tigers half Luke Brooks, a former roommate, paired with the opportunity to reunite with his right-edge partner from Parramatta, Isaiah Papali’i and to work with future Tigers coach Benji Marshall, are all major lures.

Members of senior Parramatta management weren’t willing to comment about the negotiations when contacted by The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday.

The Daily Telegraph had been told that the Eels were already working on a contingency plan for losing Moses, however that was strongly refuted.

The Eels respect for Moses and determination to strike a deal can also be revealed in the fact that the majority of dialogue between the star half-back’s manager Isaac Moses and the club has been held by the man in the highest position at the club, chairman Sean McElduff.

Eels coach Brad Arthur shares a tight bond with Moses and has made no secret of his wish for the Lebanon international to stay.

However, 29-days after hitting the open market on November 1, Moses has failed to re-sign with the Eels, who he joined halfway through 2017.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I get that we are all keen for something that approximates a "marquee" signing - apologies to Will Smith - but I don't get the hype around Bateman. Sure, it's better than nothing, but his form flatlined at the Raiders and has since been plying his trade in ESL. Why all the hope and hype?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I get that we are all keen for something that approximates a "marquee" signing - apologies to Will Smith - but I don't get the hype around Bateman. Sure, it's better than nothing, but his form flatlined at the Raiders and has since been plying his trade in ESL. Why all the hope and hype?

I think it’s a combo of his reputation and the fact negotiations have dragged on a while. He was part of a good Canberra team and we’re hoping he helps us become more competitive on the back of his experience and ability.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I think it’s a combo of his reputation and the fact negotiations have dragged on a while. He was part of a good Canberra team and we’re hoping he helps us become more competitive on the back of his experience and ability.

"negotiations have dragged on for a while"?  I'm not surprised in the slightest. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Got to love this club the 2023 calendar 

January is Hastings
February is Peachey
September is Gildart
October is Musgrove

Lol

Joel Helmes and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

January is Hastings
February is Peachey
September is Gildart
October is Musgrove

Lol

The Calendars are an NRL product, not a club product.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

January is Hastings
February is Peachey
September is Gildart
October is Musgrove

Lol

Might go and buy a calendar. Will be a nice feeling each month turning a page and realising that they are gone.

hsvjones, Avo, Jedi Tiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150

January is Hastings
February is Peachey
September is Gildart
October is Musgrove

Lol

Might go and buy a calendar. Will be a nice feeling each month turning a page and realising that they are gone.

Great point! 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry still some common sense with players perhaps, we left Brooks off the calendar as who knows they thought he might leave.... but kept the likes of Gildart and Peachey who hardly played a game 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

We are now reportedly looking at Moses for 2023, not that Parramatta would let him go. 

Could we end up giving them Brooks, or Douhie perhaps for a 2023 release.

Mind you all reported by Michelle Bishop on SEN so who knows...

Alexander or Voss was saying it is the same manager for both Moses and Bateman and the delay in Bateman is trying to work out a Moses deal

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy Via Disneyland and Universal studios ? Then to Sydney’s newest amusement venue Concord oval 👍

This post was modified 2 years ago by Snake

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 364 / 979
Share: