Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @frullens

What about Rua as a Brandon smith / cotter style lock?

He’d be my 14 to start the season I think. From the trials last year he was close to our best player.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

2023 Middle forwards 

Alex Seyfarth
Alex Twal
David Klemmer
Fonua Pole
Joe Ofahengaue
Sione Fainu
Stefano Utoikamanu
Tukimihia Simpkins

if you add Woods you gave 9 middle forwards. I would keep Twal over Seyfarth and I doubt seyfarth sees much first grade given our depth in this position is pretty good

I’d rather Woods or Brown than Twal. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I agree @yeti tuki could be a breakout this year. Looked good early but then went out of favour for some reason (from memory he got a little lazy in defence and ball security). I think mid season he will come into contention for lock, particularly with that offload capability which suit sheens second phase footy.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@skippa13 Big upside with Tuki IMO.. my view on him would be what Parra use Shaun Lane for with great success as a wide running forward ,he has a similar build to Lane  and has that offload .Would be wasted as a battering ram ,he needs to knuckle down and want a spot in the team.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Snake

Skippa13 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 Yeti
(@yeti)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@snake I agree re his position - it has to be lock I think. Whether he is agile enough, I'm not sure. Needs to be able to cover a bit wider defensively. It will be interesting though. Definitely a 'Sheens type'. Let's hope.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @snake

@skippa13 Big upside with Tuki IMO.. my view on him would be what Parra use Shaun Lane for with great success as a wide running forward ,he has a similar build to Lane  and has that offload .Would be wasted as a battering ram ,he needs to knuckle down and want a spot in the team.

Agreed, his only weakness really has been his defence.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Looked totally disinterested in the Ressies game I watched last year, something was definitely off. Maybe he gets a new lease of life with Sheens otherwise no chance with the attitude he was showing.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 Yeti
(@yeti)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@barra with all the departures he's seen this off season, he will be well aware it's 'show time'. If not ..... another door closing on a potential NRL career

Joel Helmes and Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

From memory Tuki spent all last off season training at prop. Then Blore went down 2 days before one of the trials so they moved him to the edge because there was nobody else.

Jury is still out on whether he will make it but by way of comparison, He came to NQ from NZ with Griffin Neame who has progressed strongly for the Cowboys.

Agree with the Shaun Lane comparison. Tuki is certainly of that mould.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb

From memory Tuki spent all last off season training at prop. Then Blore went down 2 days before one of the trials so they moved him to the edge because there was nobody else.

Jury is still out on whether he will make it but by way of comparison, He came to NQ from NZ with Griffin Neame who has progressed strongly for the Cowboys.

Agree with the Shaun Lane comparison. Tuki is certainly of that mould.

If he knuckles down and grabs a second row spot that would be great. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @frullens

What about Rua as a Brandon smith / cotter style lock?

He’d be my 14 to start the season I think. From the trials last year he was close to our best player.

Logan Dillion was one of our best in the trials last year.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @barra

Posted by: @helmesy

Looked totally disinterested in the Ressies game I watched last year, something was definitely off. Maybe he gets a new lease of life with Sheens otherwise no chance with the attitude he was showing.

Sheens was ready to let him go but impressed at training late in the season.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@buttface)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@garry yeah he was. What happened with him? Logan Dillon that is.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Buttface

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@avocadoontoast I don’t think it’d take a horrible injury toll, not with the squad as it is right now. Not much depth in back row right now. And there will be injuries unless incredibly lucky which we haven’t been for a very long time.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@avocadoontoast I had a chat to him last year when I dropped into a training session at Campbelltown, was a little surprised at his size. Definitely smaller than Smith and Cotter but is obviously pretty solid. I doubt very much he’d have the impact of the other guys but wouldn’t be expected to either if played at lock at some point.

ReplyQuote
Page 349 / 1067
Share: