Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast it would be a hefty transfer fee if Bateman was 250k Williams would be 500k or so

No worries, the club will make more than that from charging postage on the members packs.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

The Knights have also agreed to immediately release front-rower David Klemmer from the final year of his current five-year contract, allowing him to take up a multi-year deal with another NRL club for next season.

Klemmer joined the Knights in 2019, going on to make 81 appearances in the red and blue jersey, including finals in 2020 and 2021.

On behalf of the Newcastle Knights and everyone in the local community, we would like to thank David for his significant contributions both on and off the field.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

David Klemmer signs long-term deal
Author
Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers has signed former Newcastle prop David Klemmer on a three-year deal, with a mutual option for a further season.

Klemmer will join the club immediately after being released from the final year of his contract at the Knights.

Klemmer adds a wealth of experience to Wests Tigers’ young squad having played 194 NRL games across ten seasons with both Canterbury Bulldogs and Newcastle Knights.

The 28-year-old has played 19 Tests for Australia and 14 Origin games for New South Wales and is keen to make an instant impact.

“I can’t wait to rip into pre-season training, and I’m really excited about what’s ahead for us,” said Klemmer.

“I know Tim (Sheens) well through our time together with the Kangaroos and there’s a lot to like about where the club is headed.

In many ways it’s a new start for the club, and I’m delighted to be a part of it.

“I want to make a difference here and that includes helping some of the younger players who haven’t played a lot of first grade yet.”

Head coach Tim Sheens believes Klemmer has much to offer both on and off the field.

“We all know what David can do. He’s been one of the most dominant forwards in our game for many years," said Sheens.

I’m delighted he’s joined us, and I think he’ll be a great asset to the club.

“We have a lot of young players coming through our system and I know he will have a good influence on them.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe has welcomed Klemmer to the club.

“We’re delighted to have David and his family join us at what is a really exciting time for the club,” said Pascoe.

“I’m sure with his experience he will add a lot to what is already an exciting group of players and will certainly contribute to what we are wanting to achieve over the next few years.”

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Sorry to see Jackson go, but loving the fact that we finally have an experienced hard hitting forward at the club.

92724282 5532 47C1 94EB 7DA4D53F86A0

hsvjones, dazza65, Tiger_Alex and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigerlily

Sorry to see Jackson go, but loving the fact that we finally have an experienced hard hitting forward at the club.

He was liking every negative post about the club in previous weeks. Bit of a phony

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

This great news . 
we released a guy who at the very very most is an average nrl player .For a guy who would easily be top 10 in his position . 
IMO the game management stuff will be taken over by Api , and we will have a far more dynamic halves pairing . 
Throw in Bateman and Jesus . 
we have signed Klemmer , Paps , Api , Bateman . And Staines could be anything as well . 

I get all the Luke brooks hate . But seriously would you not trade 

Hastings ,Garner,Musgrove, Liddle , Tamou , Freebairn , 

for 

the above ? You’d do it 100000000 times over. 
In a vacuum it’s maybe debatable ( I think it’s a huge win for us ) but as a collective . Chefs kiss ! 

Tiger5150, dazza65, Peter A and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Now let’s go get David Fifita !!!. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Very happy with this. Well done WT and welcome big Klem. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Welcome Big Klemmer a very very important Signing 

Peter A and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

He was liking every negative post about the club in previous weeks. Bit of a phony

Really??? Doesn’t sound like something Hastings would do Avo.

At the end of the day it’s unfortunate that we lose a positive club man like him but he obviously wants to play in the halves, which isn’t an option at the WTs with the direction the club is taking.

Really looking forward to seeing what is coming our way in future recruitments though. Exciting times ahead me thinks.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Really??? Doesn’t sound like something Hastings would do Avo.

At the end of the day it’s unfortunate that we lose a positive club man like him but 
he obviously wants to play in the halves which isn’t an option at the WTs with the direction the  club is taking.

Really looking forward to seeing what is coming our way in future recruitments though. Exciting times ahead me thinks.

He absolutely was.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Bit rough calling him a phony over a few clicks, our fickle supporters do it all the time 😂

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

look at what Moses did with that Parramatta forward pack.
We are building just as good a pack here at Tigers.
If we can sign Moses at 7 and move Brooks to 6, he can play that Dylan brown type of role at 6

Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigerlily go check out his twitter he was

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Wests Tigers has today released Jackson Hastings from the final year of his contract.

CEO Justin Pascoe says the club has identified a clear recruitment and retention plan, one that is being executed aggressively.

“As a club we are obviously not satisfied that we finished last in 2022 and tough decisions need to be made,” said Pascoe.

Not everyone will be happy with some of the decisions we make, but we do not apologise for these decisions.

Justin Pascoe

“Our members and fans need to understand that every decision that is made is in the best interest of this club and changing the fortunes on the field.

"This was a good opportunity for Jackson to get a long-term deal playing in his preferred position at number seven.

“On behalf of Wests Tigers, I would like to wish Jackson the very best with his future and thank him for his efforts over the past 12 months.”

Hastings made 16 appearances for Wests Tigers in 2022, before suffering a season-ending ankle injury in Round 20.

That is not a typical WT release... very interesting wording

It's absolutely disgraceful for the press release to include such a smug remark. He is a poor excuse for an administrator if he is going to insult members and fans with that type of comment.

Does he ignore the fact that the decisions made by him and the board in the last 10 years have left the club languishing from one disaster to the next, year on year?

He's a very naive individual. If Newcastle win at Leichhardt in Rd 2 next year and Hastings plays a starring role the fans will be baying for blood.

Pascoe should actually be prepared to stand down if Newcastle finish higher than WT in 2023. If he is so confident in his decision then put your neck on the chopping block 😉

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 341 / 1067
Share: