Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @mickb

@avocadoontoast you've left out the fact that Knights were so desperate they were prepared to take Brooks on full freight. The fact that Sheens persisted with public calls to keep Brooks is criminal.

Brooks may go on to earn close to $1.5 mill in 2023 (factoring in the expected cap increase). Hastings might be on $500k for 2023.

This is salary cap negligence of the highest order.

Think about what we could have done with $1mill extra in the cap?

if you go through my past posts I was and still am very keen on Brooks being shipped off.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Danny Weidler reporting Hastings has agreed to a 3 year deal with Knights. Klemmer coming our way. All done.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

If we can get Klemmer and Bateman we now have an excellent pack. No excuses for our halves this year.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

So if this goes ahead:

Brooks gets the forward pack he should have always had, Sheens and Benji get him firing and kills it.

Or

May God have mercy on us all

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @canberratiger

So if this goes ahead:

Brooks gets the forward pack he should have always had, Sheens and Benji get him firing and kills it.

Or

May God have mercy on us all

my heart says option 1 but my brain says option 2

dastigers reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast me too. I can see Klemmer coming and being a big sulker for some reason. 

The Brooks discussion will become an even bigger nightmare

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@mickb what a dramatic overreaction. There is nothing criminal about this ….. just a coach implementing his recruitment for the team that he requires. That is his prerogative to do and until such time as we see that it’s not working then … and only then should we be entitled to call him out. 
So suggest you take the foot of your criticism accelerator somewhat.

Skippa13 and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@canberratiger It is what it is.

My guess is Brooks Moses get together is what Sheens and Benji are aiming at and retaining Brooks might be the bait for that to happen. If it all fails to work on all fronts ….. then we look to plan B and Brooks contract extension will not happen.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mickb that’s not how contracts work mate . 
the only way he gets 1.5 is if we front load his extension , to enable future cap flexibility . It’s not like he gets a pay rise on an existing contract . 
The extra cap should go to raising the minimum salary well before the top end gets it .

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@celtic_tiger Yes

think we will get Moses too

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

If you have Moses at half and Api at hooker then you can't have Hastings at lock too many people trying to control the game 

888 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I also think this means we get Moses. Douhie probably just doesn’t sign a new contract, plays 6 next year and then either signs as a centre at some point for Tigers or picks up a 6 role somewhere

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Hastings the first player in years that actually had ticker and the drive for success so out the door you go ! It’s the Brooks love affair that is diabolical.. all I read is wait to Brooks plays behind a strong pack , we’ll you will be waiting a long time for those clutch plays to happen .. Brooks is cooked .. Welcome to the new Sheens era 😂😂😂 .

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigertownsfs I'd say that is right douhienfor 6 in 2023 then either centre or another club as a 6 in 2024

I'm getting pretty confident Moses will be here in 2024 

ReplyQuote
Page 330 / 1066
Share: