Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry Probably has more truth to it than Brooks getting released purely being tigers can replace Hastings at 13 they don't have a 7 to replace Brooks. 

Also we don't know what Hastings is saying behind the scenes he may be telling Sheens I want to play 7 and Sheens is like no you are not. 

I'd say 90% chance Hastings and klemmer swap happens in the next 2 weeks

You don't have any reason for that 90% though. That is like me saying 90% chance that Avo will knock on your door professing his eternal love for you, like it could happen, but I don't have any evidence to support that it will.

Anything’s possible lol

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@garry lol haha Brooks I have always been consistent on, when many many were saying he was gooone.  He was never going to Newcastle 

Parramatta I still believe Brooks may end up there if we get Moses or if they lose brown 

lestronge and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry love the banter in this place, it is done well 

Especially Avo, Declan and Celtic Tigers love for Brooks 🙂 

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@garry love the banter in this place, it is done well 

Especially Avo, Declan and Celtic Tigers love for Brooks 🙂 

Mate it was said in good spirit and I hope it was taken the same way. You are great for this site and certainly keep the conversation flowing, even if I rarely agree with you.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @garry

@garry as I have said consistently it won't be Brooks going to Newcastle that is for sure mate

we need klemmer a deal will be done

Mate you say an awful lot of things, some of them have to be eventually true :p

there hasn't been that many.

Moses to Tigers to partner Brooks

George Williams to Tigers to partner Brooks

Jack Wighton to Tigers to partner Brooks

Dylan Brown to Tigers to partner Brooks

Daine Laurie to 6 to partner Brooks

Brooks to Parra to partner Moses

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy I’m going to disagree with you Joel simply because such stories have been going on for over a year now, mostly involving Brooks of course. I just don’t understand why any player off contract 2023 would commit to a new contract just yet when the ‘cap’ is not set. Hastings could well receive big offers, perhaps close to $1 million a season, if their is a substantial increase in the ‘cap’. Would the Knights be offering that right now? Would think his manager would be talking to clubs but most likely telling Hastings to wait & see what happens, he’s in a good position to see what clubs offer. What this story would do is say to other clubs e.g. Dogs “If you are serious you’d better be ready to up the ante”. That makes more sense to me right now.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@garry lol haha Brooks I have always been consistent on, when many many were saying he was gooone.  He was never going to Newcastle 

Parramatta I still believe Brooks may end up there if we get Moses or if they lose brown 

He's staying because of you Jedi. Because of the strength of your love.

lestronge and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast 

it won't be Hastings staying at tigers to partner brooks so you can scratch that 

and

it probably won't be douhie staying at tigers in 2024 to partner brooks

All the other combos a possibility .... I guess

Chances are pretty highl it will be clickety clack Brooks is back for 2024 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast may not be here in 2024 yet Avo

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

If Brooks does stay, I hope he's not been completely destroyed from the years of poor coaching he's had. I was a massive Brooks fan at first, I thought he was a super talent. But years of being coached by idiots didn't help him - the club destroyed his career. I thought he was on the way back under Cleary but Madge completely destroyed him. If we land Klemmer and Bateman and even possibly Frizell (if we are letting Hastings go I think Bateman will play 13) it will be the best pack he's ever played behind, and the first proper attacking coach he's had.

I'll be rooting for him. 

If we can manage to get someone like a George Williams we should see if we can get rid of AD too. Asking $900k after the way he's played is a complete joke. He's lucky he's not on a train and trial. Happy for Hastings to go IF we get another half who can organise.

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

We aren’t playing safe anymore. We are making some bold moves.

I applaud it. We haven’t made the finals in 10 years. We need to shake things up and make some changes. This includes making some decisions which are both difficult and unpopular.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mattvtiger

We aren’t playing safe anymore. We are making some bold moves.

I applaud it. We haven’t made the finals in 10 years. We need to shake things up and make some changes. This includes making some decisions which are both difficult and unpopular.

Pretty much spot on mate, I think we a swinging for the fences on a couple of signings but it is what the club needs.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger_Alex, Russtutty63, lestronge and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Bonjour la personne.

Listen Very carefully I shall say zis only once.

I have read in my local journaux, that Monsieur Adam Doueihi is looking for 900,000 a saison. Choc and Surprendre was my first reaction. Surely such a boy must go to the Room of Mirrors and be truthful with oneself. 900,000 is ridicule for such a boy, but, I then realised he was talking in Liberian Dollars $LRD and 900,000 is only A$8586.90. Such a sacrifice fills my heart with great emotion and Bonheur.

Au revoir, The Frog

Skippa13, Russtutty63, lestronge and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Personally I think we will see a Moses and Douehi combo in 24 with both Brooks and Hastings gone but 1 this yr one after 23. 

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Rationalising a Hastings / Klemmer swap this is what comes to mind:

- Tiges see Hastings as a 13 but he wants to play 7 so might as well get a trade out of it before he signs elsewhere and we are in desperate need of an impact prop.

- if Hastings goes hopefully Sheens / Benji have an organising 7 in their sights for 2024 (Moses or Williams maybe).

- if they can jag a high quality 7 then I don’t mind Brooks having the pressure off him and just being told to be an attacking, running 6 (if he is willing to embrace that role.

- hopefully they have a decent ball playing lock in mind who can also be a solid middle forward. Bateman maybe until Rua or Matamua can grow into the role.

- Moses / Williams and Brooks in the halves along with Api give us a decent spine for 3+ years until the next generation can develop (I believe Sheens sees some real quality in halves and hooker in our Juniors.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by 888

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 326 / 1067
Share: