Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I really can not see Moses coming back.

The Eels have just lost a grand final, and whilst there is the argument that their premiership window is closed (I am really happy about that), they are still closer to it than the wooden spooners with whom he has a bad history. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @canberratiger

I really can not see Moses coming back.

The Eels have just lost a grand final, and whilst there is the argument that their premiership window is closed (I am really happy about that), they are still closer to it than the wooden spooners with whom he has a bad history. 

I agree with all of this. The only glimmer of hope I see, is that IMO Parra cant keep both of their halves, one of them will be able to be pulled away with $$$. IMO Moses (to us) is superior because he has a much better kicking game and passing game than Brown and a better organiser than Brown (and Brooks) and of course there is history here (some good surely?).

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @celtic_tiger
Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @celtic_tiger

In my opinion it was a mistake to let Madden go.

He can do most of the things Brooks can for a fraction of the price.

If Madden was still here I'd let Brooks go but would be searching for a better option.

Whether Brooks stays or goes we should be looking for a better option.

Agreed and I'd extend that to better option than hasting/AD/Brooks. What we have now is not top 8 quality. IMO fix the pack first but the spine needs improvement.

I'd be ok letting all three go eventually. Hastings is a good organiser but has weaknesses (and i don't know if he'll suit Sheens style) and AD hasn't turned out to be the player I thought or hoped he would.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Other rumour doing the rounds over in u.k. is Leeds are very interested in Gildart. 

We can only hope 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Have heard that the Roosters are making a big play for the Parra 5/8 Brown as they see Keary as one head knock away from retirement.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @snake

Have heard that the Roosters are making a big play for the Parra 5/8 Brown as they see Keary as one head knock away from retirement.

I reckon they both end up getting $1M and only one stays at Parra (would love to see them both leave). WT are going to have to pay massive overs for either and if that is the case, IMO it would be Moses. We are not in the position to pay big bucks for another running half. Its craziness but I'd give him $1.2Mpa

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Oh@helmesy there’s literally no half out there who can play first grade , who’s in the juniors , maybe Hawkins at south’s ? 
A whole generation of kids who are now 21-25 , outside of Cleary and co , have been lost by the wayside . 
Guys like 

• Clifford , Taylor , Madden , Wakeham , O’Sullivan , Lam and on and on it goes . 

my theory is that , with the domination of wrestling in the 2010s and the huge emphasis on the ruck , it killed a generation of halves. 

To this day no one has ever explained to me why the nrl changed the rules after the tigers won 05 , to basically hand Melbourne and manly 10 years of dominance , when there was no way that was happening if the rules stayed in place. 
Like I said that whole period has killed a generation . 
The theory at the time of Benjis height, was that we were going to have 20 benjis running around by 2020 due to the influence and stranglehold he had on the zeitgeist of kids at the time . 

And sadly , as talented as this generation is , I don’t think there’s 1 player in the world at the moment who has even a tenth of that edge of seat “where’s my popcorn , benjis about to go off” . 
it’s the same thing for Thurston , Matt Bowen had a bit of it , obviously John’s had it . Even Brett Mullins had it to a smaller degree . 
Ponga … ?  Not really if I’m honest . 
Penrith are just better than everyone . There’s no massive shooting stars . 

I thought Fifita was going to have it , and he’s basically turned into the Coal Train 2.0

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast but what do you spend the money on ? You have to spend 95% of the cap . There’s nothing out there . 
Could we pry away a Hawkins from south’s or Tanah Boyd from the titans . Even Tesse Niu I’d agree . There is no first grade halves out there , which is why I reckon Albert Kelly will be wearing the 7 for magpies next year . As bad as that is . 
Would you swap him for Clifford and Klemmer ? 
Klemmer , Best and Clifford ?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Here is another rumour Dylan Napa has been told he is not wanted 2023 at Catalans

I think we will end up with Dylan Napa maybe not klemmer

Josh Drinkwater also told to find a new club 2023 he is being released from catalans too 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Here is another rumour Dylan Napa has been told he is not wanted 2023 at Catalans

I think we will end up with Dylan Napa maybe not klemmer

Josh Drinkwater also told to find a new club 2023 he is being released from catalans too 

No thank you

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

lestronge, jirskyr, hsvjones and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry I agree I don't want Napa but it is a wests tigers type of Signing lol

ReplyQuote
(@hodgo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Re the Brooks discussion

I'm letting him go and here are my reasons.

Is he the half back thats in our team when we win the gf? Nope

Is he the half back that gets us Into the top 8? Nope

Do we know what we get from Brooks? Yes we do we have a huge sample size.

My vote is give others a go they can barely do worse. I would hate to lose Hastings just to keep Brooks for a year.

I for one think Hastings should be our half. I think if he plays 13  next year we lose him. And I'd go as far as to say he probably misses a fair few games to injury.

I'm for Hastings and douhei for at least a 6 or 8 game stretch. We can't be worse then last year can we?

Mike, MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @lestronge

Oh@helmesy there’s literally no half out there who can play first grade , who’s in the juniors , maybe Hawkins at south’s ? 
A whole generation of kids who are now 21-25 , outside of Cleary and co , have been lost by the wayside . 
Guys like 

• Clifford , Taylor , Madden , Wakeham , O’Sullivan , Lam and on and on it goes . 

I'd say Sam Walker and Luke keary are both young halves first grade standard, both still young.

Dylan Brown is only 22.

Matt Burton 21

Tesi Niu 21 (questionable where he will turn out),

Jonah Pezet 19

Jayden Sullivan 21

illias 22

There are still plenty of good young halves, but I dont disagree with your point. Clifford , Taylor , Madden , Wakeham , O’Sullivan , Lam were just not good enough. The good ones kick on.

my theory is that , with the domination of wrestling in the 2010s and the huge emphasis on the ruck , it killed a generation of halves. 

To this day no one has ever explained to me why the nrl changed the rules after the tigers won 05 , to basically hand Melbourne and manly 10 years of dominance , when there was no way that was happening if the rules stayed in place. 
Like I said that whole period has killed a generation . 
The theory at the time of Benjis height, was that we were going to have 20 benjis running around by 2020 due to the influence and stranglehold he had on the zeitgeist of kids at the time . 

Daly Cherry Evans, Cooper Cronk, Mitchell Pearce, jahrome Hughes, Cameron Munster, Nathan Cleary, Mitchell Moses, Shaun Johnson, Jarryd Hayne, Greg Inglis, without mentioning Adam Reynolds etc. all debuted after 2005. Plenty of good halves debuted since Benji's peak, some of the best and arguably all better players than Benji. I think we all have romantic thoughts but he popularised the rocks & diamonds line and it was mostly rocks post 2005, certainly post 2010.

As far as the excitement factor there have been plenty, Inglis, Slater, even now the Papenhuysens and Trbojovic types and again, all of these have far less "rocks" than diamonds compared to Benji.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@jedi-tiger That must be one to keep in your a “made up on the run” rumours book kept under your bed.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

@avocadoontoast but what do you spend the money on ? You have to spend 95% of the cap . There’s nothing out there . 
Could we pry away a Hawkins from south’s or Tanah Boyd from the titans . Even Tesse Niu I’d agree . There is no first grade halves out there , which is why I reckon Albert Kelly will be wearing the 7 for magpies next year . As bad as that is . 
Would you swap him for Clifford and Klemmer ? 
Klemmer , Best and Clifford ?

I would swap him for Klemmer outright as I think our forwards are our main priority. And i'd probably take Clifford as a back up.

ReplyQuote
Page 279 / 933
Share: