Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@Anonymous 79)

Name me a premiership winning team from the past 15 years that didn’t have a top flight forward pack.

If we can add some real power up front the halves become a lot less of an issue.

This is 110% correct… if we get our pack right, it will make whoever playing in the halves better. I still don’t mind seeing JH play 13 and AD at 6, the missing link is still a halfback.
For Sheens to be looking for this such player does mean that Luke’s time in a wests jumper has come to an end. I don’t really like the rumours of Daine playing in the halves, therefore i I wouldn’t be against a years signing of a M Pearce or even a B Marshall filling in, if we can’t snag another capable replacement.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @loganr21
Posted by: @helmesy

Name me a premiership winning team from the past 15 years that didn’t have a top flight forward pack.

If we can add some real power up front the halves become a lot less of an issue.

This is 110% correct… if we get our pack right, it will make whoever playing in the halves better. I still don’t mind seeing JH play 13 and AD at 6, the missing link is still a halfback.
For Sheens to be looking for this such player does mean that Luke’s time in a wests jumper has come to an end. I don’t really like the rumours of Daine playing in the halves, therefore i I wouldn’t be against a years signing of a M Pearce or even a B Marshall filling in.

If Benji is going to be taken seriously as a coach then he can not play again.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @helmesy

For Sheens to be looking for this such player does mean that Luke’s time in a wests jumper has come to an end. I don’t really like the rumours of Daine playing in the halves, therefore i I wouldn’t be against a years signing of a M Pearce or even a B Marshall filling in.

If Benji is going to be taken seriously as a coach then he can not play again.

That is completely correct.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy wests tigers 2005

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Interesting Hooper alert article

He is of the opinion some Newcastle powerbrokers want Brooks some want Hastings 

At present apparently tigers are not budging for 2023

Interesting Newcastle if they don't get Brooks are looking at Mitchell Moses

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger I don't think that is accurate. I think the club has plugged the leaks from board level ever since Sheens took charge of recruitment. He is speculating.

I think the next move will be Clifford announced at Hull for 2023.

https://www.zerotackle.com/knights-look-to-offload-half-as-brooks-path-to-tigers-exit-clears-124462/

It's clear that the Knights have been trying to shift him for some time. He was rumoured to have been offered to Manly last month.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-10k-bill-the-nrl-sent-the-panthers-to-fix-premiership-trophy-20221001-p5bmhz.html

Once the Knights clear cap space by punting Clifford they will have the cap room for Brooks. We'll then see Brooks announced as a Newcastle player for '23 with Klemmer coming the other way.

The hold up at the moment is the Knights not having enough roster space and or cap room for Brooks.

I really do think that WT will have 2023 roster spots open and significant cap space in a month's time. I had doubted Sheens ability as a recruiter but he might have got us out of jail here.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mickb no doubt 2024 but 2023 I guess relies on Sheens releasing Brooks he hasn't been willing to in the past 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Haven't you said in the past that Hooper's reporting is garbage?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast Absolutely pure speculation much like the supposed Brooks requests for a release

it is like rothfields article Tuesday saying Sheens is over in u.k. scouting replacements... he was over there anyway to see his wife and to help out Italy but hey gotta make up a story. Interesting he went over before Brooks supposedly said he is going to Newcastle in 2024 so now the trip is so he can source a replacement for brooks
All these guys don't really have a clue
As we get to November 1 we will hear stories of Hastings to Dogs or Newcastle or whatever and Moses to dogs and tigers and whatever
All BS journalism
When we signed Api and Papali we had no leaks expect that to continue

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast hence I said Hooper alert !

I guess it doesn't fit the boot Brooks narrative so can't mention it ? 

I don't put much faith in Grogfield Hooper or read to be honest nut thought would point it out anyway. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Apparently Newcastle are looking at Adam Keighran from Roosters, he is a relation (nephew) of Michelle Bishop on SEN and ch 7
You don't see her saying anything about that rumour of going to knights though

all these reporters have agendas 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast hence I said Hooper alert !

I guess it doesn't fit the boot Brooks narrative so can't mention it ? 

I don't put much faith in Grogfield Hooper or read to be honest nut thought would point it out anyway. 

I never said you can't mention it. But if everything he's previously said is rubbish doesn't that mean what he's saying now is rubbish too?

Brooks saying he's signing with Newcastle in 2024 was reported on here by The Pom, so it's hardly journalist agenda and innuendo.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

For Sheens to be looking for this such player does mean that Luke’s time in a wests jumper has come to an end. I don’t really like the rumours of Daine playing in the halves, therefore i I wouldn’t be against a years signing of a M Pearce or even a B Marshall filling in, if we can’t snag another capable replacement.

I agree with your point about the pack 110%. For mine a small lock like Hastings is a luxury that powerful packs like Panthers, Roosters and Storm can afford. When your pack is getting out muscled from the kick off like ours, IMO we cant afford one less big body on the field.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Imagine Mitchell Moses being your "fall back" if you cant get the great Luke Brooks.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast they (the media) have said for 18 months he is going to Newcastle. Merely just reporting what Hooper said, do I put much value in Hooper no 

I do value the pom's input with the signings so will see what plays out if Brooks gets that release for 2023 

ReplyQuote
Page 269 / 1059
Share: