(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @celtic_tiger
Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @yanni
Posted by: @out_psych

I wouldn’t give up on AD just yet. Returning from an ACL is tough. Defence and speed should improve in ‘23 with a solid pre season under his belt. 

I agree with this opinion. Let’s just give him a full pre season and see what the coach has in mind for him

What do you do about re-signing him though?

You don't. He'll be asking a lot and it's a very risky signing given his deficiencies. 

So if we don't sign AD who plays 6 in 2024 out of our realistic options?

That's a very good question, i'm not sure. I'd like to see Laurie given a go in the 6. I think his style of play would work well there. Alternatively, no idea. Go hard for Dylan Brown although that might be pie in the sky thinking.

Dylan Brown is not a realistic option, Parra can't afford to lose him and in all likelihood will throw big money at him. If he does choose to leave there will be a queue of clubs looking to sign him and we will be at the back.

Laurie hasn't played a single second of NRL at 5/8th so we have no idea what he'll be like there.

The realistic options to play 6 in 2024 are AD or Brooks, we have to re sign one of them in the absence of any juniors ready to debut and assuming of course that Hastings re signs (please).

In that scenario its AD all the way for me. IMO his defensive deficiencies have been grossly exaggerated  after two really bad performances at the end of a season where he was clearly shot and the team had packed it in. Brooks missed tackle stats are worse than Douehi's and yet he is held up as an example of an elite defender in the halves, whatever that means.

Defence can be worked on and improved.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@celtic_tiger Dylan Brown to play 6 or Moses 7 and Brooks 6 

Think we can realistically sign one of Moses or Dylan Brown 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think we will end up 2024 and beyond in all reality 

13. Hastings

7. Brooks

6. Douhie 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @yanni
Posted by: @out_psych

I wouldn’t give up on AD just yet. Returning from an ACL is tough. Defence and speed should improve in ‘23 with a solid pre season under his belt. 

I agree with this opinion. Let’s just give him a full pre season and see what the coach has in mind for him

What do you do about re-signing him though?

You don't. He'll be asking a lot and it's a very risky signing given his deficiencies. 

So if we don't sign AD who plays 6 in 2024 out of our realistic options?

That's a very good question, i'm not sure. I'd like to see Laurie given a go in the 6. I think his style of play would work well there. Alternatively, no idea. Go hard for Dylan Brown although that might be pie in the sky thinking.

Dylan Brown is not a realistic option, Parra can't afford to lose him and in all likelihood will through big money at him. If he does choose to leave there will be a queue of clubs looking to sign him and we will be at the back.

Laurie hasn't played a single second of NRL at 5/8th so we have no idea what he'll be like there.

The realistic options to play 6 in 2024 are AD or Brooks, we have to re sign one of them in the absence of any juniors ready to debut and assuming of course that Hastings re signs (please).

In that scenario its AD all the way for me. IMO his defensive deficiencies have been grossly exaggerated  after two really bad performances at the end of a season where he was clearly shot and the team had packed it in. Brooks missed tackle stats are worse than Douehi's and yet he is held up as an example of an elite defender in the halves, whatever that means.

Defence can be worked on and improved.

He hasn't but my understanding is he played a lot of junior football there. Phil Gould has said that he views him more as a 5/8 than a fullback.

If we're choosing between AD and Brooks to play in the halves i'm going with AD, but the way they both played last year it's like choosing between getting shot or stabbed.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I think we will end up 2024 and beyond in all reality 

13. Hastings

7. Brooks

6. Douhie 

Geez surely not.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast not the worst option if we can get some forwards

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Modelling off the Panthers - ball playing lock, organising halfback with pace and kicking game, and an elusive 5/8 with plenty of pace. I think Laurie could play in a style similar to Jerome Luai if he has the passing game.

its all moot though if we can’t improve the engine room.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy wouldn't mind giving Laurie a crack at 6 at some point. Worried about a fullback though don't think Staines is the answer

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy we need Klemmer and Leniu upfront

interesting Tyson Frizell still has not agreed to his player option for 2023 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

dreams are free

8. Leniu

9. Api

10. Klemmer

11. Papali

12  Frizell

13. Hastings

Bench 

Joffa

Twal

Stef 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

dreams are free

8. Leniu

9. Api

10. Klemmer

11. Papali

12  Frizell

13. Hastings

Bench 

Joffa

Twal

Stef 

That’s 5th to 8th semi-finals quality.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy it is mate we would need gildart to move on and would love someone to pick up Nofo 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy best part about that pack is we have cover in halves as Hastings can drop back to 6 or 7 and Joffa could go to 13

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

@helmesy wouldn't mind giving Laurie a crack at 6 at some point. Worried about a fullback though don't think Staines is the answer

Yes this is something I wish they tried this year, but unfortunately as we know the latter part of our season turned into a bit of a circus.

I definitely think Laurie’s game is more suited to being in the halves his more of an instinctive player - eye’s up football and trick plays etc, so the more he gets his hands on the ball the better.

He gets a bit lost out the back and isn’t in the play enough in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Also credit to the admin Garry, Helmesy etc for the time your putting into setting up the WestsTigers Player profile’s, I’ve just noticed.🫡

Frullens, Joel Helmes, CanberraTiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 240 / 1066
Share: