Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

I think AD has some good attributes but is not a well rounded player at this stage of his career (24 I believe). The issue is the money he is on ($450k I believe, Souths chipped in $150k on top the first two years of his four year tigers contract). He will want at least as much moving forward and for a guy who hasn’t cemented a position, is poor defensively and pretty slow, I just don’t see the value. Throw in the injury history and it’s a “no” from me. This would be a tough discussion given he’s a local junior and clearly has passion for the club. On the other hand, from all reports he isn’t interested in signing an early “home town” deal pre November 1 so fair’s fair. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Hello all,

Thought I would follow across as tied of reading page after page of rubbish and off topic stuff.  

Good to see the 2 main guys come over in @THE_POM and @CloudyGlock so hopefully some good mail in the near future.  

My Main focus other then forwards as that's top priority is extending Hastings as he is like a coach out there and would be pissed if he signed elsewhere. 

Anyway happy chatting and many years of Tigers success 

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

@wiz Agree and agree with the club looking around for a guy like Munster (Resigned), Moses or D Brown as we cannot afford to wait for AD to make up his mind and then we are left with nothing. I'm sure the club would of offered him an extension so that's his lose if we snag someone else and he loses out.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @celtic_tiger

I find it really bizarre how Adam Douehi has gone from a future captain of the club to being not good enough defensively to play in any position on the park. All this on the back of some ordinary performances at the back end of a season when he missed much of the pre season and the previous season with a serious injury and when the team/club had pretty much put the tools away for the year.

Twelve months ago most were talking about AD as a future WT captain but now, according to some, he's not good enough to play NRL at all.

This is the game I want to see him play regularly, the way he creates space for Daine Laurie in this game is what he needs to be doing every week if he is going to make a go of it as a 6. The issue I have is that this is the only time I have seen him play in this way.

Forgot to post the game lol

https://youtu.be/h5wHqOU2lIc

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I find it really bizarre how Adam Douehi has gone from a future captain of the club to being not good enough defensively to play in any position on the park. All this on the back of some ordinary performances at the back end of a season when he missed much of the pre season and the previous season with a serious injury and when the team/club had pretty much put the tools away for the year.

Twelve months ago most were talking about AD as a future WT captain but now, according to some, he's not good enough to play NRL at all.

This is the game I want to see him play regularly, the way he creates space for Daine Laurie in this game is what he needs to be doing every week if he is going to make a go of it as a 6. The issue I have is that this is the only time I have seen him play in this way.

Your post makes a whole lot more sense now 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy

Your post makes a whole lot more sense now 😆

Yeah, I was sounding like Steve for a second.

ReplyQuote
(@palmsey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @wiz

I think AD has some good attributes but is not a well rounded player at this stage of his career (24 I believe). The issue is the money he is on ($450k I believe, Souths chipped in $150k on top the first two years of his four year tigers contract). He will want at least as much moving forward and for a guy who hasn’t cemented a position, is poor defensively and pretty slow, I just don’t see the value. Throw in the injury history and it’s a “no” from me. This would be a tough discussion given he’s a local junior and clearly has passion for the club. On the other hand, from all reports he isn’t interested in signing an early “home town” deal pre November 1 so fair’s fair. 

AD will be the most interesting watch over the pre-season for me given his lack of the year before. For our sake we need him to be back at his best and I'd so it's another upgrade for us.

Time will tell on this one but I can't write him off just yet.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @hsvjones

Hello all,

Thought I would follow across as tied of reading page after page of rubbish and off topic stuff.  

Good to see the 2 main guys come over in @THE_POM and @CloudyGlock so hopefully some good mail in the near future.  

My Main focus other then forwards as that's top priority is extending Hastings as he is like a coach out there and would be pissed if he signed elsewhere. 

Anyway happy chatting and many years of Tigers success 

Welcome Jonesy good to have you here

Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tcl

no doubt his defence needs to improve but he returned from injury, team was under the pump add to it injuries to Hastings, brooks, others and we were on a collective hiding to nothing. 

Give him a preseason before I put a proper boot in. Problem is he is a bit of jack of all trades and master of none. Had spirit but that was tested, imo he flunked that test but I’m going off what I’ve read about his attitude change in social removed link  

let’s see what the off season and the 2023 team list looks like. 

He and the rest of the halves are not our biggest problem. If we can build a pack who can get us forward momentum and a back line with speed and ability to run lines and pass then he and the other playmakers have the ability to do a decent job and gets us into the 8. But can they win a gf, don’t think so. 

I was AD’s biggest fan but his defence was unacceptable and seemed to be getting worse as the year went on. He’s a talent for sure and if he can get his defence sorted he’ll be a quality player - no idea what position though.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Just thinking about it - does Musgrove to Dragons mean we might have got Leniu? The reports said Dragons were also in the hunt for the Panthers prop.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Just thinking about it - does Musgrove to Dragons mean we might have got Leniu? The reports said Dragons were also in the hunt for the Panthers prop.

If he is released, I would be pretty confident that we have Klemmer or Leniu. I don't see how we can release him unless there is at least 1 addition to our front row stocks.

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@helmesy not sure who we get or not but Musgrove …. I saw him play one game to standard that we need and that wasn’t for us but for NZ all stars game some time back.

Just a lazy lazy player and I will not miss him.

Yanni and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

@helmesy not sure who we get or not but Musgrove …. I saw him play one game to standard that we need and that wasn’t for us but for NZ all stars game some time back.

Just a lazy lazy player and I will not miss him.

I'd be very happy to not see him play for us again, he has the size and power to be the exact player we need but just doesn't have the application to achieve it. You then combine that with his poor defensive errors and ball handling, it makes it so he is a liability when he should be a strength.

ReplyQuote
(@out_psych)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I wouldn’t give up on AD just yet. Returning from an ACL is tough. Defence and speed should improve in ‘23 with a solid pre season under his belt. 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If he is released, I would be pretty confident that we have Klemmer or Leniu. I don't see how we can release him unless there is at least 1 addition to our front row stocks.

Really hope you are right. It's a logical conclusion to draw but it would be so WT to make a meal of this off season and end up with the dreggs.

The club has been linked to some quality players (all decent carriers of the footy which is unlike Sheens or WT)

Klemmer

Leniu

Frizzell (Has not committed to his Knights option for '23)

Nathan Brown

To land 2 of the above would be a great outcome for the club. I hope we move quickly this week mind you. If Des Hasler gets the boot at Manly for Seibold I think it will kick start another game of musical chairs in the player signings market.

ReplyQuote
Page 238 / 1067
Share: